Notices

Music Helps Sober Weekender Sept 2 Part 1

Old 09-03-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone --

Trying to catch up here. I may not be catching everything, but I did see that as the song Ruby posted there was a list scrolling that included "The Rubettes." Were you in a girl band, Ruby?

My day today ... I'll cut to the end. Everything is fine. But my brother texted me a little after 7 a.m. to let me know Mom was being transported by ambulance to the hospital Marty's town with chest pains, which had subsided by the time the ambulance arrived. However, we learned her hemoglobin is low, which led to the angina. Not sure why; she had recently tested normal.

I've been there since about 8 a.m. and just got home a little while ago. She'll be in the hospital for at least another day to be on the safe side, but this isn't a "bad one" in terms of our experiences. Usually, because she's a complex elderly patient with congestive heart failure, she's transferred up here to St. Paul to be in a hospital with a cardiac care unit. So we're feeling all right. Testing later this week to look for the culprit, possibly an ulcer.

Foot is feeling OK. Good that I can chuckle over it ...
Old 09-03-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Get well soon, sweet little Finn!
Old 09-03-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Glad to hear your mom is relatively ok, Ven, and that no trip to St. Paul was necessary.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

My massage was good too! Male as well.
No happy ending either!
I'm watching a stalking show called " dark desires"
It's absolutely crazy- crime buffs check it out! It's really good!
Old 09-03-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Glad to hear your mom is relatively ok, Ven, and that no trip to St. Paul was necessary.
Thanks, Marty. BTW, I did a flying check of the thread this a.m. and that's how I learned the news about Jacob Wetterling. So very sad. This story has really been embedded in the lives of people who live in these parts for more than 25 years. More news to follow, for sure.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I haven't read through the thread yet- but I will!
Old 09-03-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

haha, tnx Mesa... I was chuckling at your fire wood collection... pallets are great for burning... reminds me of the time I came rolling out of home depot with a full shopping cart of 2x4 remnants - about a foot long... someone had a bunch of wood cut, and I got free firewood -- oh, which reminds me, last year when we were camping up in Weasel Land we ran into town to the kayak place that picked up our kayaks before we got to use them,,, there was a lowes down the road a piece, wife wanted to know what I could possibly want in lowes... yep, I scored a bunch of free crate wood for the fire... got there just as they were getting ready to load into the disposal skid...

took an ice cream break... planted 4 of my 48 cent hostas in the back... beautiful day... guess I'll get back to work...
salmon and shrimp on the grill tonight...

here's one for Mesa, out under the stars...
Old 09-03-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

sometimes you just have to make your own happiness Bhodi

okay, first person who guesses what's wrong with this wins... it gave me a chuckle...
uh, wins honorary shotgun on part 2...
Old 09-03-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

It's not bob marley singing?!!
Old 09-03-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight people
Old 09-03-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Bobby McFerin(?speeling)
Old 09-03-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
okay, first person who guesses what's wrong with this wins... it gave me a chuckle...
uh, wins honorary shotgun on part 2...
We in Brit land not allowed to see it

Behan - i hope Finn has a better night tonight, that is tough

Venecia, I am glad your mom is not too bad and I hope you are OK too. Out of deference to SR and this thread I will NOT play the Rubettes, they were not a girl band at all and they had one huge hit in the UK but they were dire (imao)

Old 09-03-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I dedicate this song to LB's pergola (and the SHRUBBERY)

By the way this came out in 1982, by 1983 those trousers and boots were illegal!

Old 09-03-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Bobby McFerin(?speeling)
I said it first!!! I get honourary shotgun!!!!!
Old 09-03-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
saoutchik

My apologies i posted the wrong Nona Hendryx track earlier, meant to post this one (much better)

Old 09-03-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes folks.

Ven, sorry to hear about your mother. Also sorry about your leg injury. That scooter company sounds dangerous!
Old 09-03-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Man ~

I gave the Brain Work Schedule a go, and I'm beat! Nonstop Trailer 'stuff' after cutting up and arranging my Scrap Firewood Collection. 2x4s and Oak Pallets and leftover Redwood from CA all stacked, and good to go. Drilled out some holes in the Trailer Weight Equalization Bars, and added some Chains/Carabiners to prevent losing one of these Bars on the Road, as recently happened. Repaired an Extension Cord. Unpacked the shiny new portable Gas Grill, so plenty of Cardboard to get a good Campfire going tonight. Cardboard is hella good Kindling, as it turns out. Zeus & Pals shone down on me, and delayed the Rain Splooge that just happened until just after I finished my marginal Brain imitation. Dinked around with the Cellular Data Connection, but to no avail this afternoon. All the Visitors in Town sucking Bandwidth off the Cell Tower has caused my Connection to poop the Bed speed-wise. O'Well...

Went on another Hike w/MesaDog. See him below last Night about Midnight. Schnoozing well, as I expect to tonight meself. I've got the Toaster Oven safely plugged in out here under the Trailer Awning, and have a Baked Potato going.

LadyBlue, I haven't made Burning Man yet, but ya never know. I'd have to swallow the very pricey Tickets that sell out now in Hours. I sho do like the Pix Galleries on line, though. My kinda Desert 'Couture'...

A lil understated Ballad from Queen is linked below. I sang this one in my Band; always near the end of the Evening. Quite the stressor on the ole Vocal Cords; due mainly to my lack of Training/Technique.

Hoping that everyone can hang tight this Saturday Night, and during the long Weekend...

- 'Tie Your Mother Down' ~ Queen ~ Live -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Boz On Bed In Durango_700.jpg (91.8 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-03-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Looks like ole mesa dog is too tired to even dream there.
Your adventures sound so enjoyable Mesa.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I want to be MesaMan when I grow up. Having adventures in the great outdoors. When I retire I'd love to have a small RV to tool around in. My uncle does that - he has been all over the country, camping and hiking. I may just have to start planning for that.

I went to the speaker meeting at my AA club tonight. A gentleman with 45 years (!!!) of sobriety spoke. I have heard him before - it's always inspiring. I am feeling very quiet today so I didn't stick around to chat like I usually do. None of my "buddies" were there and I did not feel like making new friends. So now I'm home, about to put a pizza in the oven and do some AA reading. A fine, sober Saturday evening. I live that I can be alone at home on a Saturday of a holiday weekend and not feel like I'm missing out on anything.

A side note and good reminder - on my way home from the meeting I saw a guy I recognize from my barfly days walking home from downtown. Well, more like staggering. At 7:15. Sad. But I used to be that girl, drunk already that early on a Saturday. I'm so grateful that's not me anymore.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

for some reason I get no sound from the videos... watching that guy dancing around without sound might give me nightmares

did salmon and shrimp on the stove - much easier, layer pan with olive oil, get it hot, put salmon on top of oil and make sure the skin is coated good, a little salt n peppa... cover with lid, when it is crackling, turn down heat low and let it poach in its own juice...
welp, I tore up that small landing and sized up what I gotta do. The amazing thing is that all but two of the screws holding down the decking backed right out... and I decided to use the leftover lattice to put on the end... it's open to a big drop, so Mr Safety Sez - put up a rail... it's a little short, but I can make it work... tomorrow I'll pull another all-dayer working on this stuff... but it has to get done!
As we were eating outside I said to the wife, "You know, this whole thing started with picking up those rocks for the hill..." I guess it snowballed into 'how I spent my entire summer'.