Notices

Newcomers Weekender Aug 19th - Part 2

Old 08-22-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Ruby I had a lovely day.
Right up until going back to the car.
I slipped on the uneven car park and fell .
Thought process was:
1. Ouch that hurt
2. Pants I look a right chump
3. Am I so old I just randomly fall over
But biggest was Thank goodness I'm sober! Just an accident and not my fault or self inflicted.
Hope everyone is OK.
Hi to all our new friends, I'm rubbish at remembering names and details too so I just do my best.
Xx
Old 08-22-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're ok Petals

D
Old 08-22-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D

Morning
Old 08-22-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!

Going to stay home today. Not feeling well. I hate feeling like do do when the weather will be so nice. At least it's not due to a hangover!

Talk later. Going to go back to bed.

K
Old 08-22-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

part 2 eh...
second cup of coffee going, second bag of mini-bites crumb cakes gone... no time to make breakfast and eat it... HD opens in 23 minutes...
without traffic and signals, I could get there in 4 minutes (or cops).

Mesa, you're killing me! That looks fantastic.

Petals, no broken hip, you're not old girl...
Pity and all newcomers to weekender, keep up the good work and positive attitude... attitude is everything...

On Monday I wasn't too far from Carbondale while I was doing the coal region tour.
Okay, time to power down this second cp and get gone... HD opens in 16 minutes.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
Am I so old I just randomly fall over
Best thing I've heard all morning!!! Hahahaha! (Cause I probably am!!!)

Morning all!!
Old 08-22-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mornin troops.

Have to go later to have my canals irrigated. As I am the wrong side of the border, will cost a pretty penny. Aural ability is priceless.

Feel better K.

Have a good day all.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope it helps, Behan! Keep us updated

Morning rogues!

Restless sleep last night glad it's morning
Xo
Old 08-22-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Petals)))
Old 08-22-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope you feel better very soon Ken
Old 08-22-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks! I am tired. I will just chill al day. Do some reading. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hope you get some rest today, Ken.
And canal irrigation does not sound like a lot of fun, Behan, but hopefully you'll get auditory ability back. I hate not being able to hear.

Going to be a busy day for me today at work. I have let a few things slide lately, probably because I am not quite sure how to do them correctly, so I'm procrastinating. Time to figure things out and get them done to the best of my ability.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Morning folks. Back at work on a sober Monday. As I was getting ready this morning, I had a lot of "flashbacks" to those dreaded post-binge Monday morning hangovers. For some reason, the memories of how horrible I felt doing the simplest tasks in the morning were very immediate. My sober-brain (Anti-AV?) must've felt like I needed some reinforcement today.

The weekend was a bit of a challenge for me. Felt scatter-brained and a bit aimless all weekend, coupled with the lack of sleep due to the 3yo's illness, and the by-and-large crappy weather, resulted in my thoughts turning to drinking more so than has become usual. It wasn't really cravings, per se, but more like my brain ruminating on how it felt to have a few drinks in me, like I was testing myself to see if I can even remember how it felt. Dangerous path, I know. I dealt with it by finding something to do or spending time with one of the kids, and playing the tape to the end. But still, a weird weekend.

Anyway, I made it through. I think it helped having new folks on the thread all weekend. Alyssa, Sloan, Pitty, SSG, Quincy and anyone else I missed, I'm hoping everyone made it through the weekend sober. Your contributions helped me, just as much as you were helped by this thread.

Anyway, looking forward to the new week. My daughter's finally feeling better. She did turn on the waterworks when I left for work, but she was just trying to keep me from leaving.

@ken, hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe my 3yo's illness got to you via thread osmosis.

@Mesa, wow, I can just taste the Mennonite in those tomatoes!

@Ruby, with the cruddy weather most of the weekend the TV was on a lot at our house, too. I think I actually saw some brain matter leaking out of my kids' ears.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad the little one is feeling better, U75.

I had a bit of a crunchy weekend, also. Thoughts of drinking were present, more than I can remember in a long time. I wasn't anywhere close to actually doing it, but the thoughts were there. I don't know why. But I didn't like it. I just played a tape or two and I was ok. I think there's some anxiety creeping in regarding work and a couple of other unresolved issues in my life. For me, anxiety is very bad. I used alcohol to escape anxious feelings. to I have to concentrate on what's causing it, and take care of those things, or at least be aware of what they are.

So today, I'm going to put my nose to the grindstone at work, and cross a couple of projects off the list. Then I'll go home and make a list of other things that are hanging over me, and start figuring out how to deal with them. Having a list really helps me. Without it, things just get all jumbled up in there and I get to feeling really weird.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Last night was the first night I was actually, possibly, maybe wanting a drink. but you know, not really. would not actually do it - I DONT DRINK. but I did have dreams about drinking and having to come on here and tell you all. thankfully it was just a bad dream!

congrats on a successful, and productive weekend everyone!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

A decent Sunrise this A.M. while me & MesaDog were outside doing our Guy Thang.

60% chance of Rain manana, so I'll get on with [re]mounting the 3 Solar Panels on the RV Trailer Roof Luggage Rack today. Tomorrow, I'll focus on 'inside' Wiring details that'll keep me outta the Precip. No significant muck-ups yesterday; despite drilling a few holes, and soldering on big Cable Connectors with a Plumbing Torch in tight spaces. Not burning down the new Trailer with 2 large Propane Tanks on it = Good Day. I've got a neato fire-proof 'Pad' to put behind an area where a Torch Flame is, but it's in some Moving Box from last Summer. Which reminds me: You know what you get when you mix an Elephant with a Rhino? Elephino!

Via my favorite type of Luck - the blind, dumb kind - our Land I recon'ned is in some kinda lil 'Banana Belt'. More often than not, we can see Rain happening out and around us, but not right on us. Yesterday Morning, while she was outside on her Mobile with a Gal Pal, MesaMate saw this monster Hawk swoop down right in front of her, and fly off with a Bunny. Ma Nature is a lil more in your Face out here.

What U75 said 2x: 'I think it helped having new folks on the thread all weekend. Alyssa, Sloan, Pitty, SSG, Quincy and anyone else I missed, I'm hoping everyone made it through the weekend sober. Your contributions helped me, just as much as you were helped by this thread.'

Back to Oatmeal & a Banana this Morning; right after my High Test Coffee...

Old 08-22-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone made it through the weekend including me. This is the first Monday in years where I'm not hungover. Thank you all for your support. I don't know if I would have made it without you and SR as a whole.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Mesa, your pic made me take a deep breath to smell that clean, fresh air. Unfortunately, I got a big lungful of air conditioned corporate air. Oh well.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ditto on what U75 and Mesa said about new new people on the weekend thread. Thank you all for coming here and posting. I haven't been so active here lately but I really enjoy reading and meeting. Keep posting.

Way back when this thread petered out after Sunday, I kept pushing and posting on Monday because I needed that support and contact during the week. And we went rogue. Keep posting.

Alyssa, enjoy the wrestling.

Petals, I'm glad you are alright. I do that myself sometimes and it's embarrassing.

Weas, I hope you feel better after some rest.

Behan, good luck.

U75, I'm glad your daughter is feeling better. Mine has apparently forgotten her tragic sore heel and will be heading to gymnastics class this afternoon. She whacked it on a piece of furniture while doing flips in the living room. My vaguely sympathetic mommy response was "maybe we should rethink gymnastics in crowded spaces?"

I knew it would get back to me. U75, Marty. Both having unsettled and unsettling feelings. I had a dream that I was walking past bars that were open at 6 a.m., peering inside. Seasonal change is upon us!!!! School is starting back. All of my unrealized hopes and dreams of what we would do on our summer vacation are smacking me in the face and I'm feeling inadequate and dissatisfied. U75, I have those feelings MOST Sundays still. Hate it. That's why I start by making plans.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone made it through the weekend including me. This is the first Monday in years where I'm not hungover. Thank you all for your support. I don't know if I would have made it without you and SR as a whole.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Congratulations on your first sober weekend, Quincy! This place is very powerful. Stick around, and start stacking up those sober days and weekends. You'll never wake up sober and wish you had been drinking the night before.