Notices

Newcomers Weekender Aug 19th - Part 2

Old 08-22-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

And I'm totally ok- just letting myself off the hook with sobriety.
Just being self indulgent and lazy.
I keep saying "one more time" and I'll get back on the sober train.
This 'one more time' has been going on all week.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Evening all. I can hear again!!!
Eh! Who said that?

Seriously well done Mr B

Glad you are back on the bus Jen (Jsbodhi ). I think the only person you are "accountable " to is yourself. We just want you to be well - and you will be.

This is a nice sound so it is for Behan, Jen and all Weekenders passengers

Old 08-22-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Afternoon, all.

Jen, I was wondering where you've been. The place isn't the same without you. I'm sorry to hear that you've been drinking. Like you said, you know where this is going to lead if you don't stop it soon. I'm looking forward to your day 1.

Peace all. Heading home from work soon, leftovers for dinner and then hopefully off to the library with the kiddos.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight all
Old 08-22-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hugs to jen and get well Weasle.
Night from me and love to you all.xx
Old 08-22-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Night Mr Wolf and Petals

It is starting to get dark noticeably earlier, sigh

I took this pic 2 hours ago and it was nearly dark then.

Annoyingly the last two Mondays have been really nice days after so-so weekend weather. Next Monday is a Public Holiday in England and Wales, I bet it isn't as nice. Grrrmp

Here's some Micky J, he always cheers me up

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160822_224512.jpg (31.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 08-22-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tune Sao.

Welcome back Bodhi. You are always welcome here.

Watching the annual cheesefest: The Rose of Tralee. It is exactly like the Lovely Girls Competition from Father Ted. Someone from Father4Justice invaded the stage, dressed as a priest. You couldn't write this stuff!!
Old 08-22-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Bloody hell.. What a day.
I thought I was "early" this morning but everyone was still there before me. I guess Sarah had told the new doctor about me before I arrived as he didn’t seem surprised. He just shook my hand and said "pleasure to meet you. Where are you from?" From then on it was pretty full on. I have to book his theatre times. He has outpatient clinics Monday and Wednesday and he is in theatre Tuesday and Friday. Don’t know where he is on Thursday, probably on the golf course! Nah I'm just kidding. I know he has clinics at other hospitals as well. So I had booked everything for this week. Letters sent out and patients phoned. Then he came to me from the outpatients with an urgent cancer case so I have to cancel a non-urgent surgery.
Dealing with people on the phone is hard as well. I'm sick of talking to mother's about their 30 year old sons. Yeah sorry I only have one pair of hands. No sorry I didn't type your sons letter yet. I'll have it done by Wednesday probably. No I can't read it out to you over the phone. It's hospital policy.

I was wondering what kind of minefield I was walking into but I think the reason Sarah wanted a change is because she has been in that office for 7 years. She was/is "babysitting" me today and tomorrow but Wednesday I'll be on my own.
I got a call from my friends in the other office. She said 'are you ok? We were worried about you. Mary is at a funeral today but she phoned us wondering how you are getting on as well". It's nice to be thought of.

I went out with a male friend tonight and I brought him home for a cup of tea. I do not bring people home often and I'm tired of my housemates disapproving frown. It would be different if I had random guys here every night but I don't.

I'm very tired. I've developed a bad habit of waking up in a panic in the small hours of the night and the only way I can calm myself is to have a few squares of chocolate and go back to bed.

My new colleagues are nice though. The doctor said "Sarah will give you my mobile number. Call me anytime with any questions no matter how small. I would rather you called me than you sitting here fretting". One of the other ladies said she would help me with my typing this week. You let it go one day and the pile gets higher and higher.

I just talked to my best friend. She reminded me of my very first week 3 months ago and said "remember how nervous you were then and now you really miss your old place? You will be fine in a few weeks".

I hope she's right.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm glad you're back Jen!!

Oh tetra I feel for you! You catch on quick though and I'm sure it'll all seem routine in no time flat!

It's been a busy and emotional Monday. Work was super busy and then I babysat at lunch. After work I went to see Jack and he's not at the alley anymore. Everything's gone including his cinder block for sitting and his brick for crushing cans. I went to his other 'spot' behind a gas station a few blocks away and he wasn't there either. I asked the clerk if he'd seen him and he hasn't. I'll go back and look tomorrow. I pray he's alright.

I can't believe Labor Day is in two weeks! Seems like summer just started! Time really does go faster the more ancient you become lol! xo
Old 08-22-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Glad you're back, Jen. Stick around, ok?
Tetra, you will be fine in a few days at the new assignment. No worries.

I'm having a quiet evening. My son is spending the night at a friend's house. So I'm watching tv and eating whatever I feel like. I mowed the lawn after work, so I definitely deserve ice cream.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm concerned for you, Bodhi. Hugs.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Tetra, you've really come a long way. Strong woman now.

Bodhi, put it down. PM me if you want to.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Glad you're back Jen.

Nice to hear that you got your hearing back Behan ... no pun intended.

I hope he's ok too, brynn. It is amazing how quickly you can get attached to someone.

I'm sure you will be up and running in no time Tetra.

I hope you are feeling better Ken.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sorry, Brynn, I missed the post about your homeless guy. I hope he's ok. Maybe he found some shelter somewhere.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

As a follow up to Sao's Post of Michael Jackson, here's some of his final Rehearsal for what was supposed to be 50 Nights of Shows in London. Orianthi Panagaris shredding on Lead Guitar is an Oz Transplant to the U.S. who replicates Eddie Van Halen's Solo on the Studio Version of this Song just fine, thank you berry much. @ Video Time Mark 01:45.

Jump on in the Sober Pool again, Jen. The Water's fine! Upon Special Request, I'll even do my famous 'Cannonball' off the Diving Board in my Sean Connery Fur_kini!

- 'Beat It' ~ Michael Jackson ~ Live -

Way to cope well, Tetra. You got this!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Jump on in the Sober Pool again, Jen. The Water's fine! Upon Special Request, I'll even do my famous 'Cannonball' off the Diving Board in my Sean Connery Fur_kini!
Are you trying to chase her away???
Old 08-22-2016, 06:57 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi jsbodhi. ..please take care of yourself.
Behan. ..good to hear again!
Weasel...I hope you had a restful day.
I plan to do nothing tomorrow morning, except my dog walk. I feel tired this weed for some reason. I think I've been over duing everything.
It's so cool in the morning now. Feels like summer is over. It's delightful for walking.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this J

D
Old 08-22-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yes Jen, you absolutely can do this.

Tetra, sounds like a busy day but you did it. Keep it up!

Brynn, I'm sorry to hear about Jack. I know you care.

Tomorrow is my Friday. Yay! I'm looking forward to time off. Maybe I'll do something constructive. And probably not.

Marty, enjoy the ice cream. My lawn needs mowing. Maybe this weekend I'll get it done. But I'll eat ice cream in the meantime
Old 08-22-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I cut my grass this afternoon. Of course, it required me to become a mechanical engineer before I could finish cutting because I couldn't get the parts I needed. At least I don't mind wrenchin'. If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.