Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 07-29-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 9. One away from double digits. So happy to see the thread moving! Woo hoo! Each and every one of us is gonna make it through this weekend Sober!
Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 9. One away from double digits. So happy to see the thread moving! Woo hoo! Each and every one of us is gonna make it through this weekend Sober!
Whoo Hoo on day 9!!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone rough time as we lost a family member and have wallowed a bit but back on day 1 I have a tough week next week and need to not turn to my 'crutch' in stress .... Never giving up on me !!!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Can't wait to wish you happy day 10 tomorrow Cute!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Hi everyone rough time as we lost a family member and have wallowed a bit but back on day 1 I have a tough week next week and need to not turn to my 'crutch' in stress .... Never giving up on me !!!
I am so sorry for your loss. Great job on day 1 and we are always here for you. Ask for help whenever you need it
Old 07-29-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Also sorry for your loss. Try not to turn to your 'crutch' in your tough week. You can get through it, the drink won't help.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Janeeb

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Glad you are here !
Old 07-29-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am Sorry for your loss Janeeb.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Janeeb
So sorry about your family member. So glad you are here.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I just staRted reading "Fresh Start" by Joel Osteen. I've really gotten into him lately watching his broadcasts on Sunday. I never read haha but I really felt compelled to buy this book. I just wanted to share a paragraph that was really powerful to me. Powerful enough to make me stop and find a highlighter, tag it, post on Facebook , and now here haha. " Where you are going is much more important than where you've been. But if you stay focused on the past, you'll get stuck right where you are" -J Osteen
Old 07-29-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
I just staRted reading "Fresh Start" by Joel Osteen. I've really gotten into him lately watching his broadcasts on Sunday. I never read haha but I really felt compelled to buy this book. I just wanted to share a paragraph that was really powerful to me. Powerful enough to make me stop and find a highlighter, tag it, post on Facebook , and now here haha. " Where you are going is much more important than where you've been. But if you stay focused on the past, you'll get stuck right where you are" -J Osteen
I love Joel! Used to watch him on Sundays but it's been at least a year. Thank you for the quote and inspiration. I also am a firm believer that there is no point in dwelling in the past. If we want to move ahead we have to literally move forward without looking back.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Love that quote CUTE! Man is that true..

Jansen...sorry for your loss but so glad you're here.

Happy sober Friday july ers!
Old 07-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hang in there Janeeb! So sorry you lost a loved one, and sorry you drank, too. I am sending warm hugs your way!
I love to listen to Joel Osteen, too. I have been listening to aa speakers, but now that you mention it, I could get into some Joel tonight. He's so positive and motivating.
I have the best ever news! When I went in this morning, the woman who has been making my life a living hell for the past six weeks or more told me she was quitting! She said she doesn't think it will ever work out, she is too stressed, and didn't even want to put in notice, just wanted to leave right then.
I am trying so hard to act in good principles, and I had prayed that morning for God to guide me, in everything but specifically in regards to this person. So, I did the stupidest thing ever!!!! But, not really, I think I did the right thing.
I told her I hoped she would put some thought into it, put in a notice so that I could give her a good reference, and we talked for a while about what is troubling her and how her perceptions of what others in the workplace think of her are wrong. I told her we think she's doing a great job other than her people conflicts, that she is in no danger of being fired (like she was thinking) and that I would support her whatever she decided, whether it was to put in her notice and leave responsibly, or stay and try to make a go of it. She decided to put off her decision until Monday.
Bottom line, I feel like I handled it well, not being selfish and thinking only of how much I would enjoy her being gone, but thinking of her and her career development. Also, giving a chance for her and I to work it out between us would be a great personal growth opportunity for both of us.
I would never, ever have done that drinking. I feel God answered my prayers and helped me to handle that in a way that I can be proud of.
That said, I have to admit I hope she ends up leaving. I have enough worries without someone stabbing me in the back.
I am feeling really good tonight. Thanks SR for being here to support me and let me go on and on about this problem. It has made a big difference to me.
Oh, and by the way, I did talk to my boss about it. She was glad of the way I handled it and is going to talk to the woman, too. I am not sure I can trust her, but I still feel it was the right move. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Janeeb.

I'm glad you spoke with your boss Karen.

You can do this applekat
have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 07-29-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you Janeeb- try your best to get through these emotions without drinking. It will get better with time.
Don't give up on you!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Hang in there Janeeb! So sorry you lost a loved one, and sorry you drank, too. I am sending warm hugs your way! I love to listen to Joel Osteen, too. I have been listening to aa speakers, but now that you mention it, I could get into some Joel tonight. He's so positive and motivating. I have the best ever news! When I went in this morning, the woman who has been making my life a living hell for the past six weeks or more told me she was quitting! She said she doesn't think it will ever work out, she is too stressed, and didn't even want to put in notice, just wanted to leave right then. I am trying so hard to act in good principles, and I had prayed that morning for God to guide me, in everything but specifically in regards to this person. So, I did the stupidest thing ever!!!! But, not really, I think I did the right thing. I told her I hoped she would put some thought into it, put in a notice so that I could give her a good reference, and we talked for a while about what is troubling her and how her perceptions of what others in the workplace think of her are wrong. I told her we think she's doing a great job other than her people conflicts, that she is in no danger of being fired (like she was thinking) and that I would support her whatever she decided, whether it was to put in her notice and leave responsibly, or stay and try to make a go of it. She decided to put off her decision until Monday. Bottom line, I feel like I handled it well, not being selfish and thinking only of how much I would enjoy her being gone, but thinking of her and her career development. Also, giving a chance for her and I to work it out between us would be a great personal growth opportunity for both of us. I would never, ever have done that drinking. I feel God answered my prayers and helped me to handle that in a way that I can be proud of. That said, I have to admit I hope she ends up leaving. I have enough worries without someone stabbing me in the back. I am feeling really good tonight. Thanks SR for being here to support me and let me go on and on about this problem. It has made a big difference to me. Oh, and by the way, I did talk to my boss about it. She was glad of the way I handled it and is going to talk to the woman, too. I am not sure I can trust her, but I still feel it was the right move. Thanks for the suggestions!
Ok Karen- that is the the best news of the day!! Amazing how things turned out, isn't it? And you did a really great thing, so proud of you. I hope she decides to leave as it sounds like the best thing for all of you. And I am sure work will be more enjoyable with that weight lifted. Are you off this weekend? If so, enjoy it!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry for your loss Janeeb. I'm glad you spoke with your boss Karen. You can do this applekat have a good weekend everyone D
Have a great weekend Dee!
Old 07-29-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 24 almost done. DH and I aren't talking but we are both in good spirits and handling the kids ok. He is working tomorrow which means I have the boys all day until around 4- then I am going to a movie with a girlfriend- my first girls night since we moved here ten months ago! Going to see Bad Moms

Good night my sober friends- keep on keepin on!
Old 07-29-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sunflower, we're on the same day. 24 coming to an end. I've really started to feel something kick in. I've been a bit tired to excercise, so I don't want to push it. But I'm getting way more done and handling a lot more stress. Things that drive me to the bar are not. I'm not even thinking about it. I get home totally exhausted and really don't even want to eat. I gobble down Whole Foods buffet food and hit the bed.

I'd like to relax and watch some TV. Bill Maher is on tonight. Maybe a Dateline murder mystery? I'm tired, but tired from doing things.

My family sees the change and is reacting well. Thank god. They want me in with them in family therapy which would be awful, but I managed to get this through in the short term. I'll go to this therapist myself and explain my side (these people are crazy), the therapist will be convinced I'm on the level and a good guy, and I will consent to my therapist working in conjunction with their therapist. That buys me a couple of weeks to get even better and maybe they'll drop the whole thing. However, their pressure has been good for me. Even though I'm stressed to the bone.

I'll try to come on here and be helpful to you guys. I'm on my 90th :p try, so I know like 6 things. Haha. I'm going to post a question in my next post about dealing with my needs over a friend's. Tough stuff.

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Moms nights out - they took kids bowling. I'm in BED! Zzz I hope after a long week. Looking forward to a good weekend. Gonna goto a morning meeting I hope as everyone here will be snoozing still, after however late they're gonna stay out.
Couple of comfort foods and a few old Star Trek voyager reruns, and I'm out. Goodnight....

I like Joel osteen also.
Lately Been more trying to talk to and commune with my higher power (mines God), in a way I've never done before. I do copy a gratitude prayer joel has on cd- for "starting the day off right" or something like that.