Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi V and everyone

D
Old 06-23-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee :-)

It's bloody freezing here in lil' ole Adelaide V , It's definitely a marathon Jarmie day.

Haven't moved from the couch after getting out of bed. Just watching The Chase. I love it!
Old 06-24-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enjoy.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new part D
Old 06-24-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Thanks Dee :-)

It's bloody freezing here in lil' ole Adelaide V , It's definitely a marathon Jarmie day.

Haven't moved from the couch after getting out of bed. Just watching The Chase. I love it!
Bit chilly here too in Tropical Queensland. Going to have a hot shower. Showers cure everything!
Old 06-24-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Beautiful day here - heading to the park in a little bit. So grateful for sobriety and no hangover. Got to stay strong this weekend.

Have a great one, friends ... love you all
Old 06-24-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Bit chilly here too in Tropical Queensland. Going to have a hot shower. Showers cure everything!

I am a great believer in showers cure everything Crois :-) I've shed many a tear under that tumbling water. Feel great after tho !

Xxx
Old 06-24-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh and Pjs ....
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Oh and Pjs ....
Lol, it was you mentioning pj's that actually made me want to go have a shower, haha.

I was thinking that the other morning - I'm sure I'd enjoy going to work much more if I could just head off in my Jim Jams and Dressing gown in the morning, bahaha.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having an unexpected visit from my eldest neice shortly

Afternoon
Old 06-25-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Julyers
Old 06-25-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Another beautiful day here. Hubby is restaining our deck so he will be doing that all weekend. Need to think of something to do with little ones. Can't sit home all day. Hope you are having a great weekend!
Old 06-25-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's 1am here. Long, but productive day.

I just had a flashback to when I first tried to get sober in July 2013. I bought a cheap exercise bike from KMart so I could get home and ride the bejeezus out of it when I got home from work to get me through what I called, "the witching hour".

I'm reflecting on the willpower it took on the way home to focus on getting off the train, not stopping for alcohol, making sure I had something to prepare for eating the minute I got home and ride that bike while I waited for it to cook.

In the beginning, it felt like huge, cavernous gaps of time had to be filled with something, anything, to distract me from alcohol. Now I simply don't have enough time for all the things I am cramming in to life.

anyway, just my reflection before bed. I'm really thinking of you a lot at the moment, LB, wishing you strength - and hoping little buglets tests are all good.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great post, Croissant!

I still feel very weak. A friend texted me to see if I needed some food, and I responded no, I'm ok. She has a busy life and I don't like bothering her. She came by anyway with some food. I was drinking sparkling water. I remember not answering the door sometimes when I was drinking. I felt like hiding. It feels good to no longer have that fear and shame! Now if I could just get some energy!
I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Leshar x
Old 06-25-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you, Croissant. This really is me right now ... trying to fill in those "witching hour times" with other non alcohol related activities. 4-7 is such a hard time but, since I did all my drinking at home, getting out of the house helps.

Thanks for thinking of my daughter. We take her for the follow up blood work on Monday so feeling very anxious. I know drinking won't help, but my AV is sure trying to convince me otherwise.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Leshar for your kind words (and lb). I'm so glad your friend did stop by with food, that's really awesome. People do care about you and I'm glad she went out of her way to show you thst you do matter. Cos you do!

Ladybug...so sorry the AV thinks now would be a good time to "skip school" and drop out of life with a drink. All I can give you is my non-AV voice to support you and say that would be the craziest thing you could do right now, is to drink. And we know there is never enough drink to help us "drop out"....we always have to come back and face the music.

So bloody scary how logical the AV tries to make things sound. But I read your post LB and though, oh God, drinking would be the last thing to do....imagine facing bad test results with the added guilt of feeling not good enough, that alcohol gives us. You are a beautiful Mum (mom!) and you DO NOT deserve to feel the way drinking makes you feel. It's not worth it.xx
Old 06-25-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hope you're feeling better, Leshar. Glad your friend came over anyways. And I hope you had a happy and sober evening, Ladybug.

Good afternoon, Australians. Soon-to-be good morning, soberwolf. Goodnight from me!