View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Hang in there Janeeb! So sorry you lost a loved one, and sorry you drank, too. I am sending warm hugs your way! I love to listen to Joel Osteen, too. I have been listening to aa speakers, but now that you mention it, I could get into some Joel tonight. He's so positive and motivating. I have the best ever news! When I went in this morning, the woman who has been making my life a living hell for the past six weeks or more told me she was quitting! She said she doesn't think it will ever work out, she is too stressed, and didn't even want to put in notice, just wanted to leave right then. I am trying so hard to act in good principles, and I had prayed that morning for God to guide me, in everything but specifically in regards to this person. So, I did the stupidest thing ever!!!! But, not really, I think I did the right thing. I told her I hoped she would put some thought into it, put in a notice so that I could give her a good reference, and we talked for a while about what is troubling her and how her perceptions of what others in the workplace think of her are wrong. I told her we think she's doing a great job other than her people conflicts, that she is in no danger of being fired (like she was thinking) and that I would support her whatever she decided, whether it was to put in her notice and leave responsibly, or stay and try to make a go of it. She decided to put off her decision until Monday. Bottom line, I feel like I handled it well, not being selfish and thinking only of how much I would enjoy her being gone, but thinking of her and her career development. Also, giving a chance for her and I to work it out between us would be a great personal growth opportunity for both of us. I would never, ever have done that drinking. I feel God answered my prayers and helped me to handle that in a way that I can be proud of. That said, I have to admit I hope she ends up leaving. I have enough worries without someone stabbing me in the back. I am feeling really good tonight. Thanks SR for being here to support me and let me go on and on about this problem. It has made a big difference to me. Oh, and by the way, I did talk to my boss about it. She was glad of the way I handled it and is going to talk to the woman, too. I am not sure I can trust her, but I still feel it was the right move. Thanks for the suggestions!
Ok Karen- that is the the best news of the day!! Amazing how things turned out, isn't it? And you did a really great thing, so proud of you. I hope she decides to leave as it sounds like the best thing for all of you. And I am sure work will be more enjoyable with that weight lifted. Are you off this weekend? If so, enjoy it!