Stick with us GAH we'l get you through

I'm sure you will brynn x

Awesome Mex

Tetra

Hi UP & Happy n free
Old 07-24-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Sober P ~

Your Kettle AND A/C running simultaneously will likely pop a Circuit Breaker at your House. They're typically 20 Amp, or 15 Amp. The 'Cat's Eye' Plug typically on any Camper Trailer is 30 Amp. So, you'd come close to opening the Circuit Breaker even at a Campsite, but perhaps not.

In case this happens, perspire not. I heat up my French Press Coffee Water on a Propane Burner. Many more BTUs in the Propane that I paid for, but the Electricity is' free' at a Campsite. You've already paid for it. Next to the 30 Amp Plug at your Campsite Power Box, there is almost always a separate 20 Amp 'regular Plug' Receptacle. If a Circuit Breaker opens in the Trailer from momentary overload [A/C + something else], plug your Kettle [or Hairdryer] into that Pedestal Receptacle.

It would take a pretty hefty Inverter to create enough 120 VAC for a Kettle. I use a 400 Watt one for my Coffee Grinder, and little Loads [~3.5 Amps max]. When Boondocking, I plug it into my Truck Cig Lighter while driving. The 120 VAC output then charges my Batteries, and my Toys. And, MesaMate's Toys.-) Stuff like Cellphones & Tablets can charge off 5 Volt USB in newer Vehicles. Or, via 12 Volt Cig Lighter -> 5 Volt USB Converter Plugs. I'm cutting over to all-Solar.

- RV Appliance Current Draws -

There's a neat lil Box Oven that sits on Propane Burners, and has a dial Thermometer on the exterior. BAM! Instant Oven, but only when you need one. Folks like 'em.

A whole other Sub-Group of RVers are nutso over Dutch Oven Cooking. They swap Recipes on line. They exchange tips on how many hot Briquettes you put on the Lid, and underneath, for max Cooking results. From Pix on line, it appears that you have to wear a Shriner's Vest and Fez while you're using one, however.

Solar Cookers are big with Earth Muffins. Throw stuff in. Point it toward the Sun. Move it occasionally. Eat in ~4 Hours.

- Solar Cooker Pictures -

For the Advanced Geek. Vehicle Roof Rack Shower 'Pipes'. Kewl!

- Vehicle Roof Rack Showers -

Outdoor Trailer Sink Tables. BTW, [Game] Hunter's Accessories are pretty sophisticated. They're trying to accommodate multiple Folks while in Camp. See the '5 Gallon Jug As Drain Catchment' idea I mentioned...

- Outdoor Trailer Sink Configs -

Typically, at a corner low point, your Water Tank has a Drain Valve. Turn it to drain the Tank. Close it back up when done. Otherwise, your Electrical Water Pump is used to empty said Tank. However, that's a rare configuration...
Old 07-24-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tetra, I think your progressing to a better place but it is step by step not overnight transformations. Another improvement will be in a couple of months when your job "probation" period is over, i'm certain you will be taken on permanently

I would be concerned if running into the sea after a tennis ball made you happy

I was in bed an hour ago but then remembered that I needed milk so it was out bed get dressed get milk etc etc all because I forgot to buy it earlier. I hate forgetting things and making mistakes (like I did at work) Hopefully these are one-offs
Old 07-24-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Haley, stay home and eat some food if you can (the greaser the better. Frozen Pizza works wonders!). A full stomach will help calm down that AV. Drink a ton of water and get to bed early. Don't give the AV the time to win you over, and you'll start tomorrow with a clearer head.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

At my destination hotel. Went for a quick run after hours in planes and automobiles (no trains tho) to shake off the excess energy. Now to work. Dinner later once my associate arrives.

I'll be checking in later. Seeya folks.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lunar I like your Grand Cherokee (had to look it up although it is on sale in the UK )
Old 07-24-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Oh for forks sake. Normally I think I'm doing just fine without a man in my life, and then my TV goes on the blink and I have to figure out how to fix it myself with a little help from my friends at SR. Now there's a big buzzing creature in my bathroom and I'm too afraid to go in there. I think it flew into the light above the mirror so maybe it's dead. I did try to sweep up there but I'm too short and scared to look up there. Where's dad or my brother when you need them?

Thanks for the support guys
Old 07-24-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
saoutchik

A couple of weeks ago we were discussing the desirability or otherwise of Speedos.

Well here's a guy in speedos we can all admire:- Roland "Rollie"Free

An American he went to Bonneville to attempt the motorbike speed record.

After the first attempt he found his leathers were tearing up at above 140 mph thus slowing him down too much to set a new record

His solution was to strip down to a pair of trunks. This on top of a riding position that meant he was looking at the fuel tank rather than where he was going - it kept his weight over the rear wheel for more traction

As I say a proper American hero, on a British production bike - a Vincent Black Lightning HRD

PS he clocked just over 150mph!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160724_225920.jpg (28.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 07-24-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Tetra, just go whack that bug. Really. You can do it.

I walked around IKEA with the little miss this afternoon. She saw a bed that she absolutely had to have. The drama. "I'll DIE if I don't get that bed!" She's not dead and she didn't get the bed. Go figure.

It's pretty awful here so Brain I hope you're drinking water. I bought lingonberry syrup and I poured it over ice with soda water. It's good.

Ken, that ragu recipe looks very good. Good luck on your house hunting. That's exciting!

Time to go inside to clear the mess. Glad you made it safely Username. I bought chicken strips for the kid's dinner tonight.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

São, that's very funny. Hopefully he never fell. Ouch
Old 07-24-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Actually I was telling my friend about my job. I work at a large, public hospital. The waiting lists to see a consultant are huge. They really only see people who are really really sick. If you are not dying you get put on a waiting list. I remember when I had Bell's Palsy 3 years ago - I had it pretty bad. I had to see an ENT consultant but I paid to see him privately. If I went to a public hospital I would probably still be waiting and my face would be destroyed so for that I'm grateful tonight. I'm grateful that I have money and that my parents put me on their health insurance as a gift.

I told my friend that there is a clinic every week and I get to choose the patients and send the letters. She was surprised and asked where do you get the names? I said they sent me an excel file with the long term waiters and some criteria. She smiled and said "God, you have quite a bit of power".

It's funny the things you can find to be grateful for when you really think about it.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh I forgot to say - that was set in 1948
Old 07-24-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Kewl Pic & Story, Sao!

We drove across the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah for the first time while returning from the California Coast recently. Surreal place. Right in the middle: a Morton's Brand Salt Plant.

My Scotch-addled Memory tells me that Richard Thompson started out with Fairport Convention. Brit Folkies Extraordinaire...

- '1952 Vincent Black Lightning' ~ Richard Thompson -

- Bonneville Salt Flats Pix -

Here ya go, Tetra. Can O'Hairspray. Cig Lighter. Paid-up Insurance on your Flat. Dead Spider. Advance apologies to Lunar...

Men. We're good for something, And, someday we'll know what that is. Around here, I fix Guano, and catch endless Mice. By Design, the House is intrinsically Mouse-proofed; due to serious Wire Mesh around the Exterior Wall Perimeter. It's out-of-sight under the House Siding.

- Hairspray Blowtorch + Spider Demise ~ You Tube -
Old 07-24-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Morning,

Soberp I took it as criticism because your tone felt patronizing to me.

And I say I have a medium problem because I've been down this road before.
When I was younger I used to be a huge pot head; then I quit that around 18 because it was making me paranoid - but it went down the way the alcohol has- slowly and with a bit of kicking and screaming; but I eventually stopped because I just didn't like it anymore.

I also used recreationally ketamine, nitrous gas, acid, mushrooms, ecstasy, crack, meth- I didn't like them so I just stopped after once or twice ( except acid- I did that a lot until I started to get paranoid like with the pot)

Then I found cocaine and that was one I actually liked.
My friends and I did that a lot on weekends for a while.
Then they began turning into addicts and using it everyday; while another friend and I still just used it on weekends.
That friend and I started talking, and we agreed we were playing with fire so we decided to quit.
That one went down with a bit of a fight too- until it started making me suicidal during come downs- then that was done and I haven't touched it again.

Then we arrive at the alcohol- this one was the biggest problem because it's legal.
When I joined here I was drinking 1-2 bottles of wine every 3-5 days a week.
I could tell this was getting serious and I better stop before I started drinking every night.
Now it's going down with a bit of a fight too- but as I stand now; I relapse 1-2 every couple months, drinking about 1.5 bottles of wine each time for one night.
To me I feel like I'm doing well.
I seem to be following the same pattern as I have in the past.
I'll stop, I just go down kicking and screaming.
There will come a time when there is no wine at all- it might just take me a different way to get there than other people that are here.

In all honesty- right now I'm more concerned and worried about the cigarettes- those have their claws in me really deep
Jen, this concerns me a bit--reading it as an "outsider" it seems more like you shifted from pot to other "highs" including booze which perhaps made it a "medium" problem since you were able to still use, just something different.

However, you may find with no more lateral substance shift, it is a slightly bigger problem than it was when you resolved other addiction issues.

I personally have found it harder to let go of everything for good here at the end of the addiction line than I did other habits along the road--so I am speaking from my own experience and don't mean this critically in any way, but have you thought that maybe there is some difference in your situation now, stopping everything for good, instead of adapting a new thing as you have been able to do in the past?

It's worth thinking about anyway.

By the way, I think you are doing great on your sobriety
Old 07-24-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

okay, I'm ready for the camper 101 quiz...

Mesa, that video is so wrong on many levels. Which reminds me, when I was taking down the blueberry netting this morning there was a jumping spider on one of the tie wrap knuckles I was trying to cut. I moved him away and he kept going back to the same spot - he staked his claim. I finally got him to move and cut the tie wrap. He was on the netting. I rolled it up etc. Later I discover he is crawling around on my head. I relocated him to the garden. Which reminds me, a couple weeks ago or less I was weeding a flower bed. And I scared up a baby praying mantis. He was about and inch long. I usually come across a couple a year in my yard. First time I saw one this small.

So once again I decide to call it a day, and once again I continue working. I find myself down in the dirt in the front with the sun beating on me. I realize, I was in the back in the sun all day, and now I'm in the front and the sun is on that side of the house - I'm done. Called it at 1815 and hopped in the shower. Just finished a dish of ice cream, gotta go outside and stow a few things, and make dinner - pork chops!
Old 07-24-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

are you still with us Haley? Some good advice already given. What have to you done so far to beat the cravings? Ginger Ale is good if you have it - canada dry is best, nice and cold, and ice cream is the miracle cure for cravings. I suggest you stock some.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I just skimmed but will catch up more fully later.

Yes hawkeye- I think it's a bit harder because I'm at the tail end of any type of substance.
I know that the wine and cigs are the last to go and that's it- I'm done.
I'll be ok because in my mind because I actually prefer to be sober and I like reality.
Just.not.quite.there.all.the way.
But almost!
I'm like the kid in the school yard still trying to throw punches when they know they've lost the fight.
I don't want to moderate and I'm not even jealous of people who drink normally.
I'm just holding on to my last threads here- I'll let it go, it's almost gone.

Copied ven and went to farmers market with my ma, sis, and nephew this morning and then worked the rest of the day.
I'm home now and it's hot!

Will catch up on the thread and probably try convince you all some more how fine I am!!

And brynn I love being classmates with you della and marty too xoxoxo
Old 07-24-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Oh yeah! Missnewlife face timed me today and she is a complete doll xo
Old 07-24-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Haley! Great to see you and I hope you didn't get any more booze Oh yeah, ice cream is a must have! xo

I've been killing bugs with hairspray for years. I've never gone to the next level and used the hairspray/ lighter combo as it seems kinda inhumane lol! I prefer simple asphyxiation ha!

Saw a coupon for Turkey Hill ice cream and thought of Brain. Honestly, I didn't even know they sold it down here!
Old 07-24-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

My heart is truly breaking this night. Two people I love are in sad shape. I am doing all I can to love unconditionally. UUUUggghhhh....... I feel heart break is to love wholly. That in and of itself is a blessing. No matter now much it hurts.