Old 07-24-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Sober P ~

Your Kettle AND A/C running simultaneously will likely pop a Circuit Breaker at your House. They're typically 20 Amp, or 15 Amp. The 'Cat's Eye' Plug typically on any Camper Trailer is 30 Amp. So, you'd come close to opening the Circuit Breaker even at a Campsite, but perhaps not.

In case this happens, perspire not. I heat up my French Press Coffee Water on a Propane Burner. Many more BTUs in the Propane that I paid for, but the Electricity is' free' at a Campsite. You've already paid for it. Next to the 30 Amp Plug at your Campsite Power Box, there is almost always a separate 20 Amp 'regular Plug' Receptacle. If a Circuit Breaker opens in the Trailer from momentary overload [A/C + something else], plug your Kettle [or Hairdryer] into that Pedestal Receptacle.

It would take a pretty hefty Inverter to create enough 120 VAC for a Kettle. I use a 400 Watt one for my Coffee Grinder, and little Loads [~3.5 Amps max]. When Boondocking, I plug it into my Truck Cig Lighter while driving. The 120 VAC output then charges my Batteries, and my Toys. And, MesaMate's Toys.-) Stuff like Cellphones & Tablets can charge off 5 Volt USB in newer Vehicles. Or, via 12 Volt Cig Lighter -> 5 Volt USB Converter Plugs. I'm cutting over to all-Solar.

- RV Appliance Current Draws -

There's a neat lil Box Oven that sits on Propane Burners, and has a dial Thermometer on the exterior. BAM! Instant Oven, but only when you need one. Folks like 'em.

A whole other Sub-Group of RVers are nutso over Dutch Oven Cooking. They swap Recipes on line. They exchange tips on how many hot Briquettes you put on the Lid, and underneath, for max Cooking results. From Pix on line, it appears that you have to wear a Shriner's Vest and Fez while you're using one, however.

Solar Cookers are big with Earth Muffins. Throw stuff in. Point it toward the Sun. Move it occasionally. Eat in ~4 Hours.

- Solar Cooker Pictures -

For the Advanced Geek. Vehicle Roof Rack Shower 'Pipes'. Kewl!

- Vehicle Roof Rack Showers -

Outdoor Trailer Sink Tables. BTW, [Game] Hunter's Accessories are pretty sophisticated. They're trying to accommodate multiple Folks while in Camp. See the '5 Gallon Jug As Drain Catchment' idea I mentioned...

- Outdoor Trailer Sink Configs -

Typically, at a corner low point, your Water Tank has a Drain Valve. Turn it to drain the Tank. Close it back up when done. Otherwise, your Electrical Water Pump is used to empty said Tank. However, that's a rare configuration...