It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 2

Old 07-25-2016, 03:07 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Invercargill.
Fastest Indian.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Soberwolf I am also a huge comic book movie fan. I love them all Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, all of them.

Trees I did the same thing relatively recently. Saw one Avengers movie then was hooked.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Morning rogues. Off to work.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hey, 7775. How's the business trip?

bodhi, everyone on this thread is pulling for you. We'll leave a light on for you.

Weasel, I'm so sorry for your friends' difficulties. You're a good guy, hugs.

It is supposed to be beautiful and sunny all week. I am thrilled with that prospect. Maybe I should have bought that air conditioner. Nah. I'm tough. PNW hot isn't that hot when I can jump in 55F (13C) water.

You're welcome.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Do your best

What is going on in the world everywhere I look there is people dying needlessly I can't keep up with the amount of tragedies SMH I have just heard about another thing in Florida
Old 07-25-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Brynn, last night I didn't say it but that's very nice that your relative reached out and apologized and you talked.

Ken, enjoy your day off. What a nice thing to be able to go for a walk and breakfast.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Ken xoxo always. You are a wonderful person.

Jen I hope you don't leave we have all been through a lot together and even though I don't post much I read everything and love you guys. I agree tone in print is difficult.

Hi everyone else! Happy Monday!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Massive hugs Ken! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends.

Jen, weekenders won't be the same without you! I know everyone has to find their own path, but you'll be greatly missed around here girlie! Like bim said, we'll leave the light on for you xo

Wolfie, I know what you mean. So sad and disheartening.

Good morning rogues!
xo
Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Morning Enders!

Happy Monday!

Short week for me. Thursday and Friday off. Going up to the San Juans for four days.
Bim's summer is here for the unforeseeable and it is a bit cooler up there.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

good morning, slept till past 8 here, probably cause I watched a whole movie - The Sting, can't believe I never saw it before. It's pretty good.
It's 82 here already (that's 27 Jen)

I got to put on my travel agent hat this week,
trip to the Hard Rock in NYC is requested - for souvenirs for friends. UGH!
White water rafting and a couple days at the lake probably... so I get the 'buy plane tickets' request with less than 2 weeks notice... add that to everything else due in august $$$$- good thing we have food until October...
Looks like the deck is gonna be pushed until September... and that's okay...
I won't run out of things to do... ever
Old 07-25-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! Crappy night's sleep so I think it will be a slow Monday for me.
ken, I'm sorry to hear about your (yet another ) friend.
Jsbodhi. ..please don't go.
see you all later.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Okay Miss Bodhi,

So someone said something you disagree with. I believe they read something you wrote they may have interpreted as a 'red flag', a precursor for someone who is going to 'relapse'. This may stem from all of the many posters, in other threads, who minimize or try to justify their behaviors, past and present.
Some like to throw the word 'denial' around quite a bit.
This may have been borne of your use of the term "medium problem".
Many are in the school of thought that you cannot label the 'problem' in any comparative sense. As I've often heard 'them' say, The "Your problem is worse than mine..." attitude doesn't fly when it comes to alcoholism and addiction.
And you may have sparked a nerve that caused someone to respond to your comments with that kind of mindset.
You are cared for deeply. And you must admit, your comments and behaviors are sometimes cause for concern. Nobody is ganging up on you, it is a show of love and deep interest in your well being.

So.... You can cop an attitude and run away because someone said something you didn't like or that you disagree with. Or, you can try to see things from their perspective as someone who has heard these types of things before and the results were not good.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...
You can drown in two inches of water just as you can in ten feet of water...

I've heard, "No more vodka, I'm switching to beer..."

People were concerned because of something you wrote.
I hope you will see it as genuine love for you. We pat each other on the back quite often, but sometimes we need to be slapped upside the head as well. Whether or not all is warranted is only known to the person on the receiving end of these actions. If it is not warranted, just shrug it off and continue... Don't become overly defensive and bolt. That is a bit childish in my opinion. You are an adult. You are going to experience criticism throughout your life, how you handle it says a lot about your character and maturity.

Please, take the time to try to understand that what you wrote may have caused alarm in another here. And you will see, as I have, that it was justified.

Friends don't let friends make poor choices. And if they think you are heading for danger, they will say something about it. If they were misguided in their presumptive thoughts, it's no need to lash out at them. Just say Thank You.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

I was greatly encouraged to see that your family member apologized, Brynn! I go through something similar and I think I would fall off my freaking chair if they ever apologized for being so prickly and difficult to be around. I wish so much it would happen, just to see the HUMAN in there that I love... and not the defensive person who has a charade going that we all must buy into or be spoken to rudely...
Anyway it made me feel good to see there's hope. Thank you for sharing.

I am going beekeeping shortly, and I've rustled up some professional help! I have a more experienced beekeeper going with me bc I'm having trouble discerning what's going on in there.

I need to decide about putting an extra box on the hives, how the brood pattern is going, do I need a queen excluder at this point, remove the feeders, are there varroa mites in the hive and how to manage, will I be harvesting honey this year, and other questions that will pop up during our inspection.

This is my only day off this week, so once I'm done beekeeping I'm going to force myself to do ALL OF THE ERRANDS haha, I only have a couple to do. Pharmacy and grocery shopping.

Shout out to LadyBlue on the Magic Erasers! I had been wondering what to use to clean my bathroom with. My apartment was a gut rehab so it took it a long time to get dirty. But my bathtub was getting bogus finally and I was even asking people what they used. I used to buy whatever but I was always drinking and never really maintained a clean house, never paid attention as to what makes a great product.

So it was very weird and serendipitous that you posted about that product. I bought some yesterday and hit the shower with it... most everything looks great but I do need to go back over the drain area...

I love SR for the little sober life hacks among other great pieces of advice!

For what it's worth, I totally understand why Jen didn't want to be here anymore. It's her choice. She's allowed to react to whatever she wants however she wants. She knows we love her, when she wants to visit, she will. I'm going to stay in touch with her. No one can push anybody along the road of happy destiny but we can be there for each other, no biggie if this isn't the place she wants to be for a while.

Perception is reality and words can feel uncomfortable- I didn't like the way someone spoke to me once here and I was also sent messages as to why it was just a big joke and an attempt at humor. I don't need to be mansplained or therapized into accepting any words I don't like. Free will. No matter what anyone says. I think we are all pretty reasonable and caring people here, but it doesn't mean we are perfect. And we are all allowed our own reactions no matter what.

If I said half the things I think here and otherwise.... But I choose to be friendly and supportive.

Finally, a huge heck yes for waking up sober today! Feels awesome!

Xoxo
Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

As Ken so beautifully wrote to love wholly is great joy and pain. We do love you Bodhi and personally I would want this family to knock me out and stuff me in a cabinet before they let me fall. And I trust them to do that. Please stay we need your support and insight
Old 07-25-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Jen ~

Back in the The Stone Age in Corp America, we had this Phrase; understood on the Gut Level:

'The First Rule Of Wing Walking is: hold on tightly to the 2nd Wing Strut before letting go of the 1st one'.

So, Corp references were abbreviated to whether or not a new Idea conformed to, or violated, The First Rule Of Wing Walking. IRL, if you're a Renter with a Pet, you'd best find your next Flat to rent before giving your Landlord Notice that you're leaving. And, so on...

That is my hope for you here & now. Make sure your Sobriety Plan is rigorously tuned up, and that your amended Support Network is in place. If you morph on to something new/better for you, that's nuffin' but a good thing.

Don't violate The First Rule Of Wing Walking. Because, it ain't the fall that gets ya. It's the abrupt stop at the Ground.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Wing Walking.jpg (60.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 07-25-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

lol, Mesa.

Unless you're skydiving...which I suspect Jen would love.

I think the first rule there would be, "Let go! LET GO! We're over the dropzone."
Old 07-25-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I used to be an instructor at a parachute center. One day my student was hanging, like that image I posted.

My command was, "Go go go." He didn't go. I tried again. Frozen. "Come back in the plane!" nope.

He finally let go...way outside the jump area - AND he pulled both ripcords - so he was under two parachutes (and lucky they didn't tangle up.) Ugh. I had to abort the rest of the students and follow him out...and land out in East Boondock with him. So not in the plan.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey Team! I am back from a 4.5 hour walk into town for breakfast and back. 10.5 miles total and I am a bit tired. But I feel good to have done it.

I will be honest. Life feels very odd right now. Much has thrown me off balance. I am finding out more and more and it looks like he will not recover to any degree he care for himself. I just hoe he gets speech back. My mom could never talk again even though she was completely understanding everything around her. Right now he just needs to be able to swallow and eat on his own. I have to stop thinking about it.

Saw Bill when I was in town. He said the Social Security office is denying his application. The guy has weeks to live and all he wants to do is be sure the death benefit goes to cover his final expenses. They are making it tough. So a social worker was coming to his house. Overall he is doing better than I would. He is not fighting this so he can get around. Just he is getting weaker and weaker. He picked blueberries from his trees yesterday and made blueberry pancakes. LOL I was nibbling off the trees when I was over there. Nice raspberries too! Tasty.

OK.. Enough. Off to clean up and get some chores done.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

frustration-------------------- if you want plane tickets, I need ALL of the information, I finally get what I needed from the source -- in the meantime, ticket prices went up 200-300 bucks..................................... last night I could've had one for just under 900... she doesn't think... as usual...
can't buy a plane ticket unless you have the CORRECT spelling of the name EXACTLY as it appears on your travel docs... and then don't take a wild guess on travel days either...

and if these are the worst of my problems right now, I have it pretty darn good.

no plane tickets, but already have a camp site reserved and a white water raft trip reserved for a men's weekend, some fishing and kayaking etc. and learning how to shoot a bow and arrow is in the plans too...
fresh black crappy over an open fire, and a few trout maybe...
Old 07-25-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Breaking news - Minneapolis residents fight to keep the "Burma Shave" original building from being torn down. Mesa, is this place on your bucket list?

Proposed demolition of Burma Shave home decried - StarTribune.com