Notices

It's Never Too Late Weekender July 22 Part 2

Old 07-24-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Nice pop up soberpotamus. ..I'd like one of those.
Weasel. ..the ragu looks wonderful. I'm saving the recipe.
I did it again. ...went onto the class of July site....wondered how we got to page 16 and who are all these new people? Then I realized it wasn't our weekender thread-
Old 07-24-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Does the Title have any information on it potamus?
Old 07-24-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I think I found the coke canned size electrical box with wires running out. I'm not sure if it's a water pump. It's there, though. And has a white wire. Our AC unit is plugged in nearby that box. The AC unit works great, so at least we will be somewhat comfortable out there.

I guess I can pour bleach water into that hole on the outside? Not sure how to get it back out. That water tank is kind of built-in.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

No title, just a bill of sale. Brian said we can get the tag on the back with bill of sale. There's a current tag on it.

Ok, Mesa, the box I found is the breaker. And the one right next to that is a the power box. No water pump yet.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Today I met a friend and we took her dog to the beach. She was tossing a tennis ball into the sea and the dog was excitedly racing into the water to fetch it. I was watching this and thinking 'I wish I could feel that super excitement about anything'. Mostly I feel numb. Or anxious or something. I don’t know why. I am not sure if I can remember the last time I felt a 'happy' emotion. Even when I found out about my new job I cried.

The weather is terrible. One minute sunny. One minute rain and wind. We had planned on getting ice cream but ended up with hot chocolate instead. Yes it was that cold. Feels like autumn is on the way and it's still only July.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Part Two Page nine?! Was I really gone that long??

Family stuff this morning blew up into a massive miscommunication. Some of us spent most of the morning fretting and crying...trying to 'make it better'....until I was jolted by the reality that the person starting the trouble has been doing this for years and I refuse to be held captive by their moods and sharp tongue any more! I'm sick of big chunks of my life being ruined by one persons temperamental outbursts and ridiculous twisted accusations. Anyway....I'm emotionally spent from the whole ordeal but glad I've come to a place where I can move on from stuff like that without it totally ruining the rest of my day.

Congrats on the house hunting Ken! So exciting and I'm so happy for you!

Sorry y'all, I've just kinda skimmed over posts....gonna go back and look at pics and really read everything!
Xo
Old 07-24-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Massive argument just now. I asked a simple question: Where the hell do I plug in my water kettle (for French press coffee). He has no idea where. Where's the power box? Where's an electrical outlet? He has no freaking clue. I said how are you turning on lights and AC in there?? He said, oh, via an extension cord plugged in somewhere in the garage.

Omfg. We are doomed. He either can't communicate, or there's some mysterious outlet somewhere on the outside of this thing I haven't seen yet.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

You may need an inverter.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

on a break - the neighbors made me take a break after heckling me... I got it from both sides... making progress tho...

stomach is feeling gushy... from working out in the heat... have a good evening those of you across the sea...
Old 07-24-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Just did a quick skim. Went for a big drive in the country today. Nice coastal views and encountered some ruined castles I had not seen before.

Best of luck on the house hunt K!!! Look forward to the pics!!

I hope the camping preperations go ok SoberP.

More Love/Hate. Damn it's good.

B
Old 07-24-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

a song:
Old 07-24-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks! My hunt will go slow. I want to be sure where I plant a foot. I take fewer steps these days. But when they land I can be sure I can support myself. SR was a foot plant I cherish.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Stay hydrated, LB.
You are doing a tremendous job.
Next thing you know,
the plow will
be scraping the road
and shaking your house.
UGGHHHH.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Tetra ,
things will grow , things will happen in your life . It's sometimes pretty hard to let ourselves feel elation , to let go to that extent , so used to drinking a depressant and being depressed it's hard to be outside of that .

With time it will happen , the glorious days of sobriety are ahead

m
Old 07-24-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lunar, your inner little boy will be happy to know you're spider made me scream a little! Totally was not expecting that picture lol! And just an observation....your hands are incredibly clean for someone who works with tires and car stuff all day!

Mex, I always look forward to your insightful posts!

Sao...I'm still giggling over the comma post lol!!

And bodhi, you're doing just fine and I'm so glad we're classmates! I've known you, Marty, and Della longer than anyone else here and I love you all!

Reading about the pop up and storing all that info in the vault! Who knows, maybe I'll meet an RV enthusiast and impress him with all my knowledge ha!
Old 07-24-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I found the mysterious electrical outlet on the side. And yes, he has a long green extension cord plugged in. I see now that I can run an extension cord up through two little holes drilled into the bottom that comes out through a cabinet.

There will be coffee! First things first, lol.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I am posting here now because I have already drank everything I have & my AV is telling me to go get more...please help me through this...
Old 07-24-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

GAHaley, that's good you're posting for help.

Getting more is the worst thing you can do. Best thing would be to drink some water and get some food in you. And maybe take a nap.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Thank you Soberpotamus! I'm hanging in there
Old 07-24-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi GAHAILEY and welcome

You do not have to do what your AV says and a craving or urge to drink is just a thought, not a physical need.

One of, if not the best things about sobriety is freedom from the enslavement that our faulty brain causes us. It really is worth the initial struggle.

Try drinking some water and take a nap if you can

Everyone on this thread has been where you are GAH so we know how you feel right now

Last edited by saoutchik; 07-24-2016 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Spelling