Notices

The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 3

Old 07-20-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Brain, I was thinking about your project. I have a long pea gravel driveway with a moderate slope (a total pain to snowblow in the winter), and we don't have as much of a problem with the gravel itself migrating, but rather with the sand/dirt etc flowing down the driveway and clogging up the storm drain. I don't know how you control for that, because even if it is pre-washed stone, eventually it gets inundated with everyday grit. I know it needs to be raked regularly (which I don't do--it's a LONG driveway), so maybe that's the answer.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

G'morning.

I've spent the morning playing on the new Scrivener iPad app, watching tutorials, getting it synced with Dropbox, etc.

Coffee, laundry, feeding and watering animals. Typical day.

Funny story, Nons. Sounds like that game is going to get some dummies in trouble.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Mesa, that's always just as funny as the first time you see it...

alright... I'm outta here.............................
Old 07-20-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol Mesa! I concur....sweet brown makes me giggle every time!

Potamus, your day sounds nice! Is this your day off from the postal route?
Old 07-20-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

It's one of my six days off, Brynn.

I only work on Saturdays. And I cover the regular carrier on any of her requested off days. It's part-time. But it's good pay. It works with my writing biz. It's exactly what I wanted for an extra stream of income.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol nice gig, potamus!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Nice picture, Mesa. That looks so peaceful.

I like sauerkraut. Polish sausage and sauerkraut. Mmm
Old 07-20-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Yeah, not bad at all. I'm getting used to it now. It was tough for the first month. Lots of training out of town, and lots of work days back-to-back, as I had to cover a vacation and a two-day weekend. It's a tough job, actually. But once you get used to it and know what it takes, it's not bad. I made dispatch last Saturday, which saved me about 30 minutes.

Once I get it streamlined, I'll probably have a five-hour day and be paid for an 8.5-hour day.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks for the song, Brainy! You're really alright sometimes! I tend to think that most often when you are being sweet to me, Go Figure

I'll ask him Mesa, he sells some high end nerdy sound stuff. This is a catching up with a buddy date, he's married. Just to reiterate. Lol. But I'll tell you what his job is besides the dj thing after lunch, I'm sure it will make sense to you.

Off to see a man about a ribeye.... mmmm, ribeye!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Congrats on the new job, Melina. I think I read you're waiting to hear back about the specifics?

Crazy, funny news today about the plagiarized political speeches. What a shame. It's a circus over here in America.

I like the sauerkraut with the caraway seeds.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Don't mention ribeye!! I'm on my month with no red meat and now I am craving ribeye.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

To tell you the truth, soberpotamus, I feel sorry for her. She probably had no idea that the incompetent speech writers plagerized.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Whoops!

Sorry about missing the 'Married' part, Melina.

I was pretending we were Married, and I wasn't listening much to what you were saying.

And, the Political Speech kerfuffle brings to mind this Lyric...

'Say something once... Why say it again'?
- 'Psycho Killer' ~ Talking Heads ~ Live -
Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Username7775 View Post
As a Wisconsinite, I'm ashamed to say that I can't stand sauerkraut. I tell that to other people, and they just look at me as if I'm speaking a different language.
Are you SURE you're from Wisconsin?!?

Melina said:
I'm still hung up on my ex bc why be healthy in all areas?
I'll join you in the unhealthy relationship hang-up club. It's a club I wish I weren't in, but feelings, ya know. I'm struggling.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I just saw this on fb and it reminded me of Jen wanting to plow through a pizza last night for comfort.

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just having a grief bacon kind of day"

Old 07-20-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I actually did laugh out loud Nons!

I needed a laugh as I have had do deal with a steady stream of sarcasm about my Production Sheet ****-up. When i mentioned other people's vast track record of errors and omissions the concensus was that it was less important as I don't do "real" work as Sales was just sitting on my backside making a few phone calls - i wish

Went to the supermarket a little while ago which meant an unwelcome London car journey, barely a quarter mile but torture.

So I'm looking at this girl in denim cut downs then hear the loud blast of a car horn behind me, the lights had turned green. Oops
Old 07-20-2016, 11:11 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I look forward to my apple every day, and today it was mealy! blah! What a letdown. Trying a Great Value filter for my Brita water pitcher. Saved $2 so we'll see...

I'll try the sauerkraut w/caraway next!

About to go fight traffic on Central. For those who don't know, Central Expressway ( and I use the term loosely) is a main north/south artery running through the metroplex and has been under ongoing, constant re-construction ever since it was first built a million years ago. Yippee!

Oh...I just saw an ad in the median for 'college hunks moving junk' lol! Cute ad!
xo
Old 07-20-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
I just saw this on fb and it reminded me of Jen wanting to plow through a pizza last night for comfort.

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just having a grief bacon kind of day"

Lol!

Treppenwitz is a good one too - the great rejoinder you came up with too late to use
Old 07-20-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

it's hot, but not unbearable ... took a break to see the wife off, and to refill my ice tea mug... I grabbed a couple random cds to listen outside, one of my favs of all time, Rush 2112...

when I heard this tune it made me think about some of the parallels many of us have had with the lyrics throughout our sobriety journey, some struggling very hard to get sober - expecting it to be a cake walk... or life in general... you have to put in the effort to succeed...

the line that caught my attention was "..you won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes, no matter what your dreams might be."
Ain't it the truth...

got the eagles and frank zappa on deck... back to work
Old 07-20-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Are you SURE you're from Wisconsin?!?
I know, right? You'd probably be giving me a weird look too! It's especially funny because I'm "all in" with all of the other stereotypical Wisconsin stuff--Brats, Cheese Curds, Friday Fish Fries, (formerly Beer), etc.