Notices

The Grand Old Weekender July 15th Part 3

Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I was at a gathering of tax professionals this morning when I suddenly noticed the woman next to me aiming her phone at my zipper. Her phone was about a foot from my crotch. When I gave her a quizzical look she said, "Sorry. You have a Bellsprout on your lap."

I realize Pokémon Go is all the rage, but can we have some decorum here people!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Behan, I hope today is better for you. That panicky feeling is awful.

Brain, that's funny because I just read something last week about Van Halen and the brown M & Ms

Username, I so understand the ice cream thing. For me, it's Oberweis Coconut chocolate almond. If I can't have it, other ice creams just pale in comparison. I have noticed that I'm putting on weight so I either need to eat less ice cream or exercise more.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lol Nons!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Non, that is very funny. The game seems to be causing people to do all kinds of wacky things
Old 07-20-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
I was at a gathering of tax professionals this morning when I suddenly noticed the woman next to me aiming her phone at my zipper. Her phone was about a foot from my crotch. When I gave her a quizzical look she said, "Sorry. You have a Bellsprout on your lap."

I realize Pokémon Go is all the rage, but can we have some decorum here people!
Thanks for the tip Nons. Now I can go around photographing 'women' and just say they had 'A Bellsprout' on their chest....

7775, don't worry, you'll soon tire of the mint chip ice cream addiction. Then it's on to rocky road!

So I went to the supply place to take one more look at the mulch and stone before I placed the order - 2 tons stone, 4 yards mulch - to be delivered first thing tomorrow morning. Then I hear on the local AM station we are supposed to be getting record high temperatures the next few days... guess I better load up on ice cream, and ice tea...

Oh, Marty, in case you forgot to pack your lunch.
Here ya go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
lunch7.20.JPG (87.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-20-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I go in spurts on ice cream. I'm deathly afraid of getting fat so if I have it I usually just eat a little at a time. I'm weird and have a lot of food phobias. Can anyone say control freak?!

Another quiet day at the office.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Brain, your peppers look so good! Did you grow the cantaloupe, too?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
I lived with a guy once who strongly believed the moon conspiracies. He made me watch all these docs in hopes of convincing me. Didn't work.
So you still think the moon is made out of cheese huh?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Nons - That's hilarious!
Made me laugh out loud. And I've hardly been laughing lately.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

no melons this year - although it's still possible for a late crop... last year the melon crop was one - ONE - softball size cantaloupe. And it wasn't even good.
However, if I miss a day of checking, I discover squash the size of footballs... I'm going to put cabbage in after I clear out the cauliflower. Nothing like cooked cabbage on a crisp fall day watching football. Except I don't have television. Maybe this year tho...
Old 07-20-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Good morning friends,

Good luck on the job front Melina - I hope you gain a windfall.

Good Wednesday image SUID!

Very disturbed sleep last night mixed with a stressful day. Feeling very panicky and seeing danger everywhere. This is my neurosis and it will pass.

I am beginning to doubt of Lance Armstrong ever cycled on the moon now, given recent revelations.

B
Hi Behan, your post about being panicky and seeing danger everywhere really jumped out at me. Gentle hugs to you, sir.

How are you feeling now? I have experienced exactly what you felt, but only when I would be going through withdrawals.... that was daily at the end of my drinking.

It feels weird when the whole outside world seems to be aware of you and sinister, even inanimate objects...

It takes a lot of guts to admit that, and I admire you.

I hope there's something you can do, or some way you can get it to dissipate.

What's it related to? Just how your brain works sometimes? Parenting stress? Not that it has to be related to anything but I'm curious.

Anyway, a problem shared is a problem halved, right? I hope you know you have a lot of support here. And a worldwide babysitting network if you ever need it

Old 07-20-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well said Melina!

Speaking of cabbage, I recently discovered I like sauerkraut! Omg I love it straight out of the jar!

Marty, I'm glad you found a reason to laugh. Hopefully it'll kick start more reasons to laugh
Old 07-20-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

I have a general good feeling when I wake up and I read so many posts of humor and support here. We are a good bunch. Such good support here!

Thank you to everyone who hollered out at me about the job. He texted me this morning asking me if I wanted to come hang and chat at one of the locations, so we'll see how it goes. Quite honestly, I'm tired of going and chatting and being in anyone's kitchen for free, but that's bc I don't have any money.

If I had money I'd be schmoozing all over the place, haha!

Fear of economic insecurity is a pretty primal driving force, huh. Something to keep in perspective for me. When I start looking around at what everybody else has, my mindset shrinks. I become fearful, stingy, envious and judgmental.

I'm always vigilant about those character defects bc I know there's a lot of other good stuff in me I'd rather foster and enhance.

Before I go hang with him, I have a lunch date at a grocery store with a buddy. On Wednesdays at some of the Mariano's around here they grill ribeyes to order and make a sandwich with caramelized onions and some cheese for $6.

It should be a fun date, he's a dj on the radio for jazz music. And some kind of sound guy, really deep into that world. I know nothing about that world so it's interesting to hear stories.

It's not a romantic date. I'm still hung up on my ex bc why be healthy in all areas?

Xoxo
Old 07-20-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Melina, you made me smile! Go get em girl!

I was thinking about financial security (or lack of it) yesterday. In a former life I had that...security and money....and I was miserable and really stingy and worried about losing it all.. Now that I live on and have so much less, I find I'm able give so much more freely and without much worry. I regularly go through a part of town with a large homeless population. If I have something, I give it away whether it's money, a bottle of water, an umbrella, whatever. And I do it without fear of what it might cost me. Somehow Ive been liberated from that awful worry and it totally coincides with my quitting drinking and realizing that the universe really doesn't revolve around me. Okay, ramble over.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

In the summer, I generally lose weight and keep it off, so I can eat all the ice cream I want. In winter, it's a different story. I still eat all the ice cream, but I exercise less and eat all that yummy comfort food that is so good on cold blustery days. I'm curious about how my body will respond this winter, however. I'll be cutting out a lot of calories with the alcohol alone. And, I expect, I'll probably exercise more over the winter because I won't have all those hangovers as an excuse to put the gym off for a day or two.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

@brynn. That's a good ramble.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Brynn...I love Sauerkraut also and I make my own. It's simple.
I'm at work...about to go home for lunch.
Ruby....I had to cut out my beloved ice cream. It's not fair that it has calories.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

wha... lost my post again...
anyway, the ground is still too wet to work it... so I decided to finish off the black cherry ice cream... it barely lasted 2 days, and that includes my helping myself to the strawberries and cream flavor the wife claims...

looks like I don't have to eat the rest of the day...

Melina, think of your name in this song, you are the bomb.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

As a Wisconsinite, I'm ashamed to say that I can't stand sauerkraut. I tell that to other people, and they just look at me as if I'm speaking a different language.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

OK ~

First World Problem resolved...

Despite Overnighting the VISA Bill last Month, 'The System' tried to hit me for ~$80- in Interest and Late Fees. Homie, here, don't play dat. 'The System' had already backed out these Charges; according to an actual, English-speaking Gal I just talked to. I'm sure that some Folks just pay those Charges, just as surely as some Folks click on Spam e.mail. What we owe is less than half of what was on our current Bill. More like it. The Bill was not reflecting us having paid off last Month in full. Those Expenses allowed us to see sights like Point Arena CA below while RVing about, so they were well worth it.

I used to build large Sound Systems, and mix Concerts around Boulder, Melina. Look me up for background if your Food Skills alone don't wow Mister Casual Friend Person over Ribeyes.

We get The State Of Adult Dating from Gal Pals like the one who just visited here last Weekend while I was out Solo w/MesaDog. Man, has this Gal got some on-line Dating Stories! Scam Central! Some real Players out there! Gomer, here, lives comfortably and naively on Planet Mesa.

And, speaking of creative Sound Mix Meisters... Ask your Lunch Pal about Auto Tune, Melina; Software that allows Talent-impaired 'Kids' to sound as if they can hit Pitch on Pop Recordings. Here's some over-the-top fun with it...
- 'Ain't Nobody Got Time For That' ~ Sweet Brown -