Notices

Stay Sober Here - All Welcome ... Weekender June 5

Old 06-05-2016, 10:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

and while I had the camera out taking a pic of young robin, the bird wonder...
I took a pic of what I was working on before lunch... it hit me, hey, I have these wooden planter things,,, well it was after I moved my mint/basil planter that it hit me... and yes, I had the level out...

wife thinks it looks "AWESOME!"

Ruby does too I'm sure haven't decided what to plant in them just yet... they need a little care first...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
progress6.5.16.JPG (88.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

H&F ~

TinyPic has been weird for me as well. In my time-tested Routine - try something -> anything - I arbitrarily clicked on 'Images' at their Webpage top. Then, I clicked back on 'Upload'. Thereafter, I could upload, and get a URL to paste here. It's as if I'm having to 'jumpstart' the Webpage Software or sumptin' by using this lil Tab clicking Routine.

I'm a PC Guy. Not an Apple Guy. Just a lil FYI...

In other, unrelated News triggered by LBrain's fab Pix, we're using straight Vinegar with a bit of Liquid Dish Soap mixed in to kill Walkpath Weeds when sprayed on. Apply in full Sun. Seems to be working. A Garden Website I ran across last Night had Folks gushing about how well this Solution works. Supposedly, it's the 5% Acetic Acid in Vinegar that does the trick. There's a 10% type of Vinegar out there I bought sometime ago to use on tough Toilet Rings caused by our kinda-'Hard' Well Water here.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Thanks Op. Congrats Ven. But Olive, it's hotter on Venus than Mars. .
Really?
I thought Venus was cold and unforgiving.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Busking on the bus.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I talked to my sponsor of 17 years on Friday I waited in the parking lot until the meeting was over. It is important to find the right sponsor he never pushed me to be Mr. AA he is a voice of reason and does not judge me. I had 8,555 days sober then I drank for almost 600 days and now back to 60 plus days sober and it is great to have that one trusting face to face person to share with, one alcoholic sharing there experience strength and hope with each other at times is all we need in sobriety.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Really?
I thought Venus was cold and unforgiving.
um, that would be .. women...

MLD, went back and saw your post, sorry to hear that, but what did he expect, for you to be all in after the first meetup?
maybe the guy friend ? if his feelings were real, then - it's your call...

and what's with the anti-shotgun lobby getting shotgun?

my salad is gone, a couple radishes for breakfast, salad for lunch - but I discovered the wife brought home her lunch from work - "I didn't even have time to pee!" so it looks like leftover cow steak for me later...

still no sign of heavy rain.......... back to work
Old 06-05-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The busker on the bus didn't have his hat on the seat with dollars in it, which was good. I'm not paying for held-captive music. He did open an Angry Orchards though. Pretty sure "no drinking on the bus" is a thing. Meh, didn't affect his singing; except I think he got a click louder. Carry on I say.

No one doesn't have time to pee.

I mean.

I had to laugh at Ven calling shotgun, too.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Marty, sorry you are out of sorts. Personally I think it's his problem not yours
Sao, I love how you are always on your Weekender ladies side. Our staunch defender. It feels good when a guy says that our guys are being bumtrons.

I'm sorry that didn't go well, Marty. Maybe time to seek out some fresh meat when you're ready. I know you have mentioned its slim pickings in your town, but sometimes it's worth a drive for a new adventure.

Recycling men, although comforting, always has that aura for me where I'm thinking of when is he gonna pull the same crap he always did but he says he won't this time? I want to believe he won't, but it usually ends up happening. And I fall right back into my patterns as well. Love is a battlefield. Hugs.

Beekeeping class ended early bc absolutely no one showed up. It was a rain date anyway so maybe they couldn't swing it. Me and three other beekeepers still went poking in the hives for maintenance and I got some good info on what's going to bloom next. We are going into the linden bloom and then sweet white clover.

Hi to everyone! I'm parking my butt on the couch until I figure out what to do the rest of the day.

Bim, your moment on the bus was awesome and you described it so well!

Xoxo
Old 06-05-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I had a WONDERFUL day today!!!
I went with my bicycle at vegetarian meeting an picnic at the park, with amazing food, activities like yoga and NO alcohol!!! I met wonderful people SOBER, make conversations with them discussing all kind of stuff I'm interested with! I SOCIALIZED WITHOUT DRINKING and felt soo good to be myself, my real self, I have zero anxiety and it was such a pleasent surprise for me. And I always drink when I have to meet new people, but now I go all by myself not wearing my addiction at my showders.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Recycling men, although comforting, always has that aura for me where I'm thinking of when is he gonna pull the same crap he always did but he says he won't this time? I want to believe he won't, but it usually ends up happening. And I fall right back into my patterns as well. Love is a battlefield. Hugs.

Xoxo
You got that right. And every man has to deal with the same thing. Even with new women... When is she going to start acting like all the other women. Just a matter of time
xoxoxoxox

forgot to mention, thanks for sharing your bus ride story Bim...

came back into share a pic of my repaired boot I was wearing - they both are taped up... I went outside and sitting on the deck I see these boots and I had to laugh at myself...
Attached Images
duck shoe.JPG (81.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 06-05-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

As mentioned by Melina...

- 'Love Is A Battlefield' ~ Pat Benatar -

The Actor playing the Dad @ 50 Seconds in is very familiar to me. Can't think of his name, though. More '80s Fashion in that Vid than a Headband-wearing Guy can take!

'My' local Handyman Dude from the Dog Park who needs Moolah to work off his DUI-related Bills is slated to visit MesaVille, here, to check on the many Beehives he dropped off some Months ago. I been keeping my distance. Mebbe I'll venture close enough this time to use Binocs, and check them out.

LBrain's onto something re: me in a new Bounty Hunter Series. See my Promo Pic below...
Attached Images
Jed Clampett.jpg (45.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-05-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So far so good today. Got laundry done, pick up some grocery's for the week. I avoided the beer aisle like it was the plague, no desire to drink but I'm not chancing it. Somehow manage to super glue my glasses back together and didn't glue my fingers together.

A little nervous about meeting with a counselor the tomorrow, but that's because I'm stepping about side my comfort zone. I despise talking one on one with a total stranger.

Time to read for a bit since now I can see without getting a headache. First sober weekend in a long time.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well done, 2Wheel.

Good luck tomorrow. . .though I don't think you'll need it
Old 06-05-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Marty, I'm sorry this happened.

When we're hurting is when we need to take care of ourselves. Easier said than done. I'm still trying to lose the "cookie therapy" pounds -- 5, at least -- after the romance ended.

Here's a bouquet for you, fresh from the farmers market.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I'm checking in sober this afternoon. Went to a meeting, went to church and now I'm at my parents.

Dad planning his road trip/fishing trip to Montana. Sounds lovely to me. Trout.

Marty. I'm sorry that it didn't go well. I'd take a complete break from guys for a bit. There's more than two fish in the sea.

HaF, tinypic sometimes gives me issues if my phone doesn't have enough storage space. Try clearing your browsing history and cache and then retry? usually works for me.

Congratulations LynnMarie.

2Wheel, I'm glad you're here.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
You got that right. And every man has to deal with the same thing. Even with new women... When is she going to start acting like all the other women. Just a matter of time
xoxoxoxox
To paraphrase Maury Povich, when all your women end up acting the same...

LBrain, you ARE the bumtron!

Old 06-05-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ven, congratulations on shotgun. I picture you hovering like a hawk waiting to swoop in.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Ven, congratulations on shotgun. I picture you hovering like a hawk waiting to swoop in.
Ha ha! Not at all. I was about to log off when I saw Opi posted the new thread. I was shocked to have gotten it. You guys are slacking off.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I think I've gotten shotgun once. I'm not aiming for it anymore.

It's a lovely cool breezy day here. Blue skies with puffy clouds. My mom took the kids to the park so I'm sitting at her house enjoying the silence
Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Someone just shoot me please. I've gone back to the countryside for the night as my brother is here and I feel hugely resentful.I have had a taste of freedom and I liked it.

On a different note, my brother and mother shouldn't be allowed under the same roof as each other. I can feel my stress levels rise with the tension.