Notices

I am utterly defeated

Old 06-03-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Ok I'm in a really weird mood so I'm going to type away here.

Watching the news about that poor gorilla that was shot because an oblivious mother somehow missed her 3 year old crawling in to the enclosure. So apparently there's a 'dangerous animal response team'. This of course pinged something in my recovery brain. Since my addict is a zombie (arguably a dangerous animal) I am now going to refer to my recovery plan as my 'dangerous animal response plan'. Hehe. Well at least I'M laughing.

Well, if you just read that, that's 1 minute of your life your will never get back. Hope everyone has a sober evening. I'm just a sittin here, watching tv. Gonna eat, watch Lost then hit the hay. I love thinking about that early morning, no hangover, well rested cuppa joe. Magic.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

How is it going today Frick?
Old 06-04-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff
Things are going well. Got up early, had my coffee, did my yoga. My daughter is spending an extra night with her dad since we're changing up visitation for the summer so she'll be with him less. Another night alone....no biggie.

How are you?
Old 06-04-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Day 32. Life is good

Its gonna be hot today. I'm not a fan of heat. But I have to buckle in because its starting. Idaho has pretty moderate weather really but July, August are pretty miserable. Hope the ole AC holds out another summer. It sounds good, no weird noises, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Have a great day SR. Don't let that sun and fun allow your mind to wander to a drink. That thinking is all a big ole lie.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hi Jeff
Things are going well. Got up early, had my coffee, did my yoga. My daughter is spending an extra night with her dad since we're changing up visitation for the summer so she'll be with him less. Another night alone....no biggie.

How are you?
Good, gonna workout now. Will write more later.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Day 33. Sunday Morning and a cuppa joe. Ahhhh. I really want to do yoga this AM but its a running morning...

Kid comes back today...think we'll see a movie. Its going to be really hot for the next few days. Ick.

I was really bored yesterday afternoon because I didn't plan anything. Forgot the kid wasn't coming home as per the usual. I was at Walmart and saw coloring books for adults. Hmmm. So I bought a couple and did that for an hour or so while watching the news. Don't knock it. It was very meditative and it helped shut the brain down. I liked it. Sounds goofy right but it was fun.

Have a great sober day.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Coloring books are very relaxing. I have some coloring apps on my iphone, and I color sometimes it makes you forget whatever is on your mind.

Which movie are you guys planning on seeing? Its rainy here too..
Old 06-05-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Jigsaw puzzles are good for relaxing too. The 1000 piece ones are just hard enough without being obnoxious.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I have some good info about adult coloring books.

When you're coloring you have to use both sides of the brain. This forces your brain to focus on what you're doing rather than the current thoughts in your head and provides a break. It's often used in grief therapy but is good for any situation to busy the mind for relief.

I learned this through the volunteer work that I had been doing for 2 1/2 years. Which, I had to give up because of what happened May 8th that led me back here. Yet another thing alcohol ruined in my life.

I kept trying to look past what's to come for me and focus on better days ahead.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice numbers congratulations on day 33
Old 06-05-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hi ilovedogs

I used to love coloring with my daughter so this is just pics for big kids. Fun huh?

We're finally seeing Captain America. We went to see it a couple of weeks ago but got side tracked with lunch!

Oh man wish it were raining here. Its alreay 88 out and its 10:30am. Doesn't even hit the high until 5-6PM. Yuck. I wish it were raining. I hope you're not in one of the flood areas. What an awful mess.

Thanks for the post.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hey Liskie.

That's a great idea. I have never been a big puzzle person but my ex hub used to be. When I get started I can't stop....hmmmm that's sounds familiar...can't place it..
Old 06-05-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hey Ladyblue

I just read the words under your name....mini novel writer. Me too!

Yeah I've done art therapy a few times when, ehem, in, ehem, an institution or 3. 4 maybe? I hated it them because I felt like a patient in One Who Flew Over the Coo-coo's Nest. The last time I did it some goof was drawing penises on my paper and I much pretty had to be pulled off him...I think I had my hands around his neck. Oops. I'm tiny and weak so not very effective but that sent me through the roof. Ok TMI.

Do you think with some sober time you could return to your volunteer work?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Thanks SW!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hey Ladyblue

Yeah I've done art therapy a few times when, ehem, in, ehem, an institution or 3. 4 maybe? I hated it them because I felt like a patient in One Who Flew Over the Coo-coo's Nest. The last time I did it some goof was drawing penises on my paper and I much pretty had to be pulled off him...I think I had my hands around his neck. Oops. I'm tiny and weak so not very effective but that sent me through the roof. Ok TMI.

You crack me up Frickaflip.

I can't be sure what's going to occur. Although the volunteer work had no affiliation with police, fire, and emt services we were also considered first responders because we worked in unison with them.

The day I voluntarily turned in my badge and pager (which was the only right thing to do) it appeared that once things had worked themselves out and I get through this there may be a chance.

However, a subsequent conversation was had that makes me think probably not.

There are many other opportunities out there to volunteer. That's what I have to focus on or I'll drive myself crazy.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hey Ladyblue

Frick, I get a kick out of you. You come across in posts as the picture of a well balanced lifestyle. There must be a little sliver of you that is quite a handful when "provoked". haha.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

For sure ladyblue. Don't sweat over the past. Hope you're having a good evening.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff

I am a bit of a dichotomy . When I'm drinking ....I'm a nightmare. Sober? I'm high functioning. I just have to keep my thinking in check and not let past trauma stuff get ahead of me.

I'm perfectly norrrmmmmmaaaalllll. Haha.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hi Frick,

I was in a bookshop at the weekend and (again) saw those colouring books. You might have convinced me to pick one up the next time I'm there.

And jigsaws! Perfect! I just found what I'm going to do with two sick children today. Child 1 got a 500 piece one for her birthday a few weeks ago. We got ourselves a project for the day. ☺

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Ok so kinda irritated here.

Back story: my daughter made a medieval shield for a history project. Big ole thing, wood, W shaped cut at the top with 3 very sharp points...the points of the W. She got an A. Yay.
Well today I left my water in her room, so I go upstairs to get it. Shield is on its side up against the bed. Not paying attention, I walk in there and kick the point on the shield, bare feet, which stabs in between my third and fourth toe. Punctured, I fall on the ground. At first I didn't realize how bad it was. The fall kinda shocked me. My daughter comes running cause I'm sure it sounded like a buffalo hitting the ground. I get up, foot hurts, then blood is gushing. It tore the tissue between my toes apart. Wahhhh. Oh man, not a good place to have a big ole tear. So pissed. Now it feels much better. I don't think it needs stitches but I'll decide tomorrow. Can't do yoga or run. That is messed up.

Ok rant over. Maybe this is the universe's way of saying, slow down.