Notices

A Family Affair January 15th Weekender

Old 01-16-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Jim-

I agree with what others have posted. I love smoothies for breakfast. Yogurt, milk, and a frozen banana blended together is delicious. Also you can add spinach too.

Ovaltine with milk is great too.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Too bad you can't see the video, Sao. It's a stage performance. I think I'd have enjoyed a live show. Lucky you.

After living by herself for s bit, it'll probably take your younger daughter some days to adjust. When I moved back home after many years on my own, it was awkward. I did have a job which helped. Even if it's just a temporary job, maybe she can work in a shop while looking?
Old 01-16-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Some really good suggestions here, Jim.

Well, in an effort to save money I did my own manicure today and it looks pretty good if I do say so myself! I started realizing how much money I spend on non-necessities each month and yikes! Time to rein myself in and get serious about a budget!
Old 01-16-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Sao ~

BUNCHA old, pristine Cars seen yesterday at a local Parking Lot. Pix to follow. Nicest of the nice, given dry Air around here...
Old 01-16-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Brynn- good job. I do my own manicures but I do like to get highlights and lowlights every couple of months. I think I am going to space those out more too.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Middy....I was getting a mani/pedi every week! So, I figure I'll cut back to going once a month. Facials, the same thing. The one thing I'll never cut back on is my hair! It's my pride and joy and I think it's money well spent!
Old 01-16-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Brynn-

who am I kidding! I probably won't cut back on getting my hair highlighted either. I got it cut today. It is money well spent. I agree.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yes it is!!
Old 01-16-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

strugglingjim - other than you have no appetite in the morning, what else do I need to know before I recommend a breakfast of champions? Are you 94 with no teeth? Maybe I missed something with all of the liquid diet recommendations... have a cracker.

PBNJ sandwich with your coffee? It's a start.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Here is a silly savings plan, and pretty manageable for everyone. Each day you save one more penny than the day before. Today you would save 16 pennies, tomorrow you add 17 pennies. I started on January 1st to have a little extra saved up for Christmas presents next year. If you want to start today, you should put $1.36 in a jar, and then tomorrow add 17 more cents. You will have over $600 by the end of the year.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I need to catch up with the thread but home safe. Have the cats already glued to my side.

I will post about my trip later. I just lugged a 55 inch tv up three flights and need to swap things around to take advantage of the bigger size.

Ride was tedious.

Good to see you posting SJim! I have not caught up with things yet but I see you are in great supportive weekender hands. Stay strong.

K
Old 01-16-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
strugglingjim - other than you have no appetite in the morning, what else do I need to know before I recommend a breakfast of champions? Are you 94 with no teeth? Maybe I missed something with all of the liquid diet recommendations... have a cracker.

PBNJ sandwich with your coffee? It's a start.
He said easily consumed foods and that he was having trouble with breakfast sandwiches. So I was thinking food that are easy on the whole system..

I think the pb&j idea is excellent!

A lot of stuff that is easy on the whole system is easy to chew as well.. I recommended foods I would eat when I was in a Crohn's disease flare up or otherwise sick.. Plus I really like all that stuff.

The BRAT diet helps... Bananas, rice, avocado, toast.

I don't think anyone is anti-chewing here. Just keeping it simple for where he seems he's at right now... Been there.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I love the pb&j idea too. Peanut butter has a lot of protein.

I posted a smoothie recipe too because that is what I do when I don't feel like eating much for breakfast. Plus its fast.

Delilah- thanks for posting the savings plan. That would be a great way to save for a vacation.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Smudging some fresh white sage I got this week! Keep that mojo from New York where it needs to be.

All in all the trip was good. I feel good mentally and emotionally. I realize that place was a whole other value system ago. Thats an awesome thing to recognize.

K
Old 01-16-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I have never had a mani/pedi in my life! I am one of those girls people send the "low maintenance" memes to on FB. I rarely buy clothes, rarely even cut my hair!

My BF is struggling with me because his last serious relationships were high maintenance and he keeps thinking I MUST be faking it to trick him LOL. Luckily my friends have told him it is just the way I am! I rarely even put on makeup. I guess I am lucky cos look ok without it!

My friend agreed to coffee shop and maybe a dinner later, so I am much more relaxed about going out. Also means jeans are ok! I get in a panic if I have to actually dress up.

Mr Fireman has been married twice and the look of relief on his face when I told him a wedding was my absolute worst nightmare was hilarious! I HATE being the center of attention, and I hate dressing up - a wedding might kill me. Take me to the courthouse please!
Old 01-16-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Learningagain-

I got married at the courthouse and I have never regretted it. I didn't like the idea of planning a wedding or wearing a big white dress. lol

I prefer not to be the center of attention too.

I am glad your friends agreed to the coffee shop idea and maybe going out to dinner. That will be a lot more fun.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds like you're in a good place, Ken
Old 01-16-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I had one real wedding, and one Vegas elopement. I much preferred the elopement. It was fun, with no stress. We went to one of those cheesy wedding chapels and it was a blast. Unfortunately, it was the most fun we ever had. It was all downhill on the fun meter from there. I'll probably never get married again (why bother) but if I find my soul mate and decide to, I'd like a very small ceremony by a stream in the woods somewhere. No dressing up. Just us and nature and immediate family.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

You don't need a Judge or a Pastor in Colorado or any witnesses so you can go out in the mountains and just get married the two of ya.

I thought that would be pretty neat.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
...holds the key

^^^^Didn't they do that in Braveheart?

I doubt I'll ever get married again either. Once was enough for me. I've got two friends who had been single just over a year and one is already married again and one is engaged! People assume something must be terribly wrong if you choose to be single. Sometimes I feel like an alien!