Notices

I can see clearly now weekender November 13

Old 11-12-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear that Lucy has settled down. I have no idea what her odd behavior was all about. I have 2 dogs on my bed as we speak. I hope Lucy is ok tomorrow.
Gonna get me some Night of the Iguana chai tea...thanks Venecia! !
Regarding shyness and social awkwardness...have been there all my life. Painfully shy. I'll be working on it for a long time.
Anyway. ..goodnight everyone. ..sleep well and I'll see you all in the morning.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention. ..I've been watching Transparent.....I've seen 3 episodes and its an 9excellent show! I highly recommend it.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning gang, TGI Friday
Old 11-12-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Morning Saoutchik, morning all. Beautiful clear morning here albeit still dark.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Evening all.......end of the working day for me. And a Friday. Usually the kick off for a 48 hour weekend. If I can get to 6pm i'm ok not to drink, and it's just gone 6.02.

That means I get tomorrow.

Which could be a busy day here....

All the best....
Old 11-12-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I've broken up with my cat.

We've been together 12 years and he's recently decided to sleep on my bed.

It's not working out. For me anyway.

I've shut the door, he's crying and wants to come in.

No.

You sleep in the chair, I sleep in the bed.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about your cat trees and TGI Friday indeed Sao wishing everyone a lovely sober friday
Old 11-13-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Storms are affecting Scotland and Ireland so take care Tetra, Behan & Purple Knight. It's a beautiful morning here in London - not sure how long it will last.

My Nerf gun has been taken and I see no others about - I have a feeling the paint shop are plotting revenge this afternoon for my surprise attack last week. I'm a dead man walking
Old 11-13-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Enjoyed reading through the thread thus far and catching up a bit. This weekender thread and everyone here was sanctuary and savior alike during the early months of clarity seeking regarding the role alcohol played in my life and how to live without.

Still is sanctuary. Love to be privy to the thoughts of everyone who shares the bus ride. Love to add my thoughts as well although I have missed the bus for quite a few weekends now. In real life I write and listen a lot. Rare is the moment that someone asks "Tell me your thoughts". This space and all those who partake is very much appreciated.

Tazo Chai in the premixed quart from Whole Foods + Whole Foods 365 Organic Soy Milk - Original flavor = delicious drink, semi sweet.

Rishi Tea Masala Chai premixed quart is what my local Whole Foods coffee bar uses when I order a 'Chai'. I have since fallen for that particular taste. Absolutely fantastic but around $8.00/quart off the shelf it is expensive and my rare treat. I love the taste of mixing with the soy milk. Uniquely delicious.

Hot chai tea mixed with a little turbinado sugar and some soy milk is my wintertime fave.

Off to count sheep and sleep. Yes, TGIF, even Friday the 13th. Enjoy your mornings everyone.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
My Nerf gun has been taken and I see no others about - I have a feeling the paint shop are plotting revenge this afternoon for my surprise attack last week. I'm a dead man walking
Huh ?
Old 11-13-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I "Nerf gunned"a few people last Friday Soberwolf (they are toy guns that were given to me by someone's marketing dept)

By the way there was another unexploded WWll bomb discovered in Spitalfields yesterday - 2nd in 3 months
Old 11-13-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Hope Lucy is on the mend today SoberP.

Sorry to hear about the relationship problems with the cat Trees!

Well done on getting past the 6pm danger zone Canguy - you have won tomorrow!

Sao, you need to get on the paint dept. and get all SAS on their behinds.

Oh my....it's Friday the 13th......

B
Old 11-13-2015, 01:49 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
I've broken up with my cat.

We've been together 12 years and he's recently decided to sleep on my bed.

It's not working out. For me anyway.

I've shut the door, he's crying and wants to come in.

No.

You sleep in the chair, I sleep in the bed.
This is awesome!!!! My old cat Henry is now taken to crying at my door. He NEVER sleeps in the bedroom. Now if I just crack the door he stays quiet and out of the room. He's going senile.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Enjoyed reading through the thread thus far and catching up a bit. This weekender thread and everyone here was sanctuary and savior alike during the early months of clarity seeking regarding the role alcohol played in my life and how to live without.

Still is sanctuary. Love to be privy to the thoughts of everyone who shares the bus ride. Love to add my thoughts as well although I have missed the bus for quite a few weekends now. In real life I write and listen a lot. Rare is the moment that someone asks "Tell me your thoughts". This space and all those who partake is very much appreciated.

Tazo Chai in the premixed quart from Whole Foods + Whole Foods 365 Organic Soy Milk - Original flavor = delicious drink, semi sweet.

Rishi Tea Masala Chai premixed quart is what my local Whole Foods coffee bar uses when I order a 'Chai'. I have since fallen for that particular taste. Absolutely fantastic but around $8.00/quart off the shelf it is expensive and my rare treat. I love the taste of mixing with the soy milk. Uniquely delicious.

Hot chai tea mixed with a little turbinado sugar and some soy milk is my wintertime fave.

Off to count sheep and sleep. Yes, TGIF, even Friday the 13th. Enjoy your mornings everyone.

I so appreciate what you said. " Rare is the moment that someone asks "Tell me your thoughts". " I feel the same. But coming here I can share and know I am being heard. Someone cares to know if I am ok and sober.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Yay I love Fri the 13! Feels like a mini Halloween. I don't think the client I'm meeting with would understand an Iron man costume though.

Cats! We had a calico that wanted to sleep on your chest. I'd didn't mind that. It was her drooling problem that was the issue I miss her, she belong to the family but she was my kitty.
Put the armor on early for the potential Friday AV attack.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post

Oh my....it's Friday the 13th......
Best wishes to all who suffer from friggatriskaidekaphobia

Not a problem for me, I was born on a Friday the 13th.......

......hmmmm, there again!
Old 11-13-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Why is the weather always dreadful on the one Friday night I make plans?

It was sunny when I got up but now the wind sounds pretty ominous out there.

Wondering if I should go or not. But if we Irish let the rain stop us from doing things, we would get nothing done.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

alarm went off at 0415 - my enthusiasm for going outside to sit in the dark has waned...

I have broken up with my cat. got a chuckle from that...

SP, Lucy just had a traumatic experience. She'll be fine in a day or so. If not don't hesitate to take her in. Try to help her relax and rest.
Do dogs experience that same emotional thing that most women go through over something like this?

social lubricant... hmmmmm... I've never been a fan of small talk, or 'gossip'. I recall a few years ago my brother anxiously wanted to tell me something (about another person) and premised it with "You can't tell anyone else about this..." I said, "Well if I can't tell anyone else then I don't want to know...best keep it to yourself" He didn't know how to react so he quit talking to me. Then there are the 'clicks' ... jeeze people get over yourselves already.

Behan - try not to drive yourself crazy these days. Everything will be fine and you'll have a Baby B keeping you awake at night in no time. Save your energy for that I can't wait to hear the updates coming in daily from the new dad.
BigS - caught between the single life and the -'relationship' life. It's tough to balance sometimes. Maintain your Big-essness.

sao - glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't grown up yet. I'm not saying I've driven around with a loaded water pistol in the car the past year or so or anything like that. I'm not saying it.

Well, since I didn't get up and go out in the dark I have to figure out my morning... there is never not enough to do here.
Happy Friday the 13th... Canguy - you'll make it through the weekend, just don't stray too far away.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thanks Lbrain

Friday done.....go get some sleep now and check back in the morning
Old 11-13-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Trees, let us know if the breakup sticks, I've been trying to keep my dog out of my bed and it doesn't last. For one, he can open the door unless it's locked, and if I lock it, he will go into a frenzy jumping and scratching at it to get in. So he's in the room, and sneaks onto the bed once Mr B and I are asleep. I wake later to a force gradually easing me off the bed. It's not pretty.

Nerf gunning at work sounds like fun. Here's the sorry state of my workplace: we actually formed a Fun Committee to plan some events. Very few people participated. Not even the members of the committee attended after work events they put together. No fun was allowed during work time. The committee dissolved.

A clear calm dawn after all the bluster last night. I wonder what's lying in wait.

Edited: originally wrote "nerd gunning", that sounds like fun, too.