Notices

I can see clearly now weekender November 13

Old 11-13-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Rockin' & Rollin' already here, I see... Pup on the mend; like me, no good any more for Procreation. New Job. Getting the Tea thang down. Live Ordnance being dug up. Sao shooting Balls around the Office.

Back to bein' Project Manager around the Ranchette. Work on the ~1,400' Driveway O'Mud begins Monday. Done by Tuesday. Accepted a separate, pricey Quote from a Concrete Guy to do several wide Stairs, and a Concrete Ramp up to the slightly-elevated Garage entrance on the Modular Building we had set a few Years ago. My spatially-impaired Pal drove off the edge - not on the 2 massive Beams I set - and busted up the Ramp Deck. So, f_itz. We rip out my thousands of Dollars of Pressure Treated Lumber tomorrow, and fix the issue forever. Poke Yoke time. Got prior House Sale Money to burn. Time to spend it to overcome my error in building this Ramp as though I would be the one navigating it. I'm putting Curbs on the new Concrete Pour so that it's impossible to drive off the edge through the Wood 'Curbs' I bolted onto the destroyed Ramp. No large deal. In Sobriety, I just roll with all this Guano.

In a bit of Disclosure that will surprise no one, I was born on 13 Friday. In appropriate honor of that momentous Event, we're going to the local Dump today to unload my Utility Trailer Full O'Schitte from the last House. Then, it'll be freed up for Ramp Lumber tomorrow; Wood I'll Recycle into 'something'. Mebbe a Hot Tub Deck down the line...

In theory, I can apply for Social Security Benefits today, and start pulling in 4 Figures of Moolah Monthly that I was not counting on.

Nice view of the Aligned Planets in the bristling 19 F Temps of this Morning.

To describe a polyglot of Miscreants, some Wisenheimer in College coined the term: 'A veritable bevy of Cornbutts'. That term had Legs, and got plenty of use.

Bassist Jack Bruce is on the last leg of his 2nd Liver in the limping, live version of this Song at Royal Albert Hall. So, here's the energetic Studio cut to help ward off any bad Juju today.

- 'Born Under A Bad Sign' ~ Cream -
Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Good morning, Enders! I am up, drinking coffee, glad it is Friday. Going back in the thread now to catch up with the overnighter posts.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hey, MesaMan - happy birthday!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Stormy out today...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FB_IMG_1447425125280.jpg (21.8 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-13-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Enjoyed reading through the thread thus far and catching up a bit. This weekender thread and everyone here was sanctuary and savior alike during the early months of clarity seeking regarding the role alcohol played in my life and how to live without.

Still is sanctuary. Love to be privy to the thoughts of everyone who shares the bus ride. Love to add my thoughts as well although I have missed the bus for quite a few weekends now. In real life I write and listen a lot. Rare is the moment that someone asks "Tell me your thoughts". This space and all those who partake is very much appreciated.

I found this very moving when I first woke up this morning. ....thank you Verte for a beautiful beginning to the day....very nicely written. It's so true about this thread. I feel a sense of belonging, which I need.
and....I will try the tazo chai tea with soy milk from whole foods.

Last edited by happyandfree; 11-13-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-13-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Day 12 of Gratitude Challenge:
Today I am grateful for my sense of taste. Experiencing the magical savouriness of rich chocolate as it melts in my mouth is one of the most beautiful things in life. The kick of the perfect blend of coffee, the creaminess of a bowl of Ben and Jerry's, the aroma of a really good roast chicken, are amazing sensations.
Giving thanks for food is a practice observed in many cultures and religions. For example, in French culture, the French say "bon appetit" which means "have a good meal" or "enjoy your meal". Then in Christianity, there is an established practice of saying grace before meals.
You don't have to be religious to give thanks. It's simply about being grateful for the food you get to eat which keeps you well and alive.
Life is flavourful, and I am grateful to be able to taste it.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

MesaMan, Happy Birthday!!!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I have found I've gotten better in social situations since I've gotten sober. I had this lightning bolt realization that other people feel just as awkward and may not be talking because they're shy. And that it's not all about me. .
This is an important fact...that "it's not all about me". That's the root of the anxiety and if we can get out of our heads, maybe it would be easier. That's what alcohol did...for a little while and then my words would start to slur and I'd get anxious about that. So I'm going to try it out this weekend. ....total focus on the person I'm speaking to instead of being so self conscious and anxious. I'll let you know how it goes...Sunday.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Heard this on the radio on my drive to work. I llove this song and it struck me anew. We can be heroes just for one day, one day at a time. Each day we don't drink is heroic. Keep up the good fight.

Of course, I can't see this post myself due to Saos info about the Google/android non support.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Mesaman! !
Have a wonderful day everyone -TGIF!
I'm off for my morning walk and then have to get to work. Full day today. Catchya later.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Happy Birthday, Mesa!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, ya ole fart.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Good morning Weekenders and Happy Birthday MesaMan!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hee hee...

Thanks for all the kind Wishes directed @ Ye Olde Fook, here.

I was born on Friday 13th. Just not this Month.

Lovin' that Goldie Pic! Our Vet has 17 of them. His Wife shows - and wins - at 'Best In Show'-style Canine Competitions.

I just got cut off. Story of my Life. The App for Social Security Bennies was lost, and the Recovery Number given for me to pick back up the App Process gets an Error Msg. O'Well. The Dog Food Bowl is full, so I gots no need for mo Money right now.

- 'Too Old To Rock & Roll ~ Too Young To Die' ~ Jethro Tull - 1976 TV Special -
Old 11-13-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

In honor of his birthday, I make a motion we appoint MesaMan president of the thread for a day. All in favor...

Old 11-13-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Defo! MesaMan for El President on his special day. I, for one, offer to be his body guard, ready to dispatch his enemies with my trusty MG42-Nerfgun.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Hee hee...

Thanks for all the kind Wishes directed @ Ye Olde Fook, here.

I was born on Friday 13th. Just not this Month.

I move that we proceed directly on with the articles of impeachment...
Old 11-13-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Now, it is sunny. Earlier, it was snowing.

It's freaky Friday people - run for your lives!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

My Standard Line re: my inevitable relocation to Heaven some day:

'Just save me the White Leather Recliner between Marilyn Monroe and Jimi Hendrix'.

My last bit of Governance was in my Role as Student Government Geek in High School. Competence is no object, so I'll pass on being Thread Prez today. I'll hit y'all up on my actual Birthday next Spring for that significant Honor!

Hard to believe, I know, that I posted misleading info on my Date Of Birth. In my defense, I am Male.

- Irish Lighthouse Pix -
Old 11-13-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh, so it's not your birthday. Well then I take it back.