Notices

Weekender October 9th

Old 10-13-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I got a free pass on ironing clothes - she likes to do it for the distraction - two big thumbs up!
I completed my new assignment - water the plants. That's a half hour shot.
I had to unload then reload the dishwasher. I bitch that she just puts her implements in the sink. It's actually better she does...

Listening to sports talk radio as I garner up some motivation to start again in the basement. Gotta wash the huntin clothes. When I showed her my xmas present (hunt clothes) I said it's the last time you'll see it. After wash and hanging it gets stored in a plastic bag and then sealed in a container until it gets donned out in the field. Wash hands before I touch it etc.

Sorry to hear of all the angst and low feelings here lately. Hoping y'all are able to snap out of it.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Frasier: "Speaking of old chums, Daphne, a Clive called for you a little earlier"

Daphne: "Clive? Did he sound British?"

Frasier: "No, he was one of those fiery Mexican Clives"

I've been watching some Frasier lately to take my mind off things. I went through a phase of The Big Bang Theory.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
Hey Brain, my 1992 Oregon Valiant Crusader still works.
doe-ray-meat on NY opener. Corn-fed. Dam coyotes taking
some out, though. Got it all on trail cams.
congrats -- I need to fill the freezer myself.

Funny, had shop look at my bow this morning - it was a hair out of tune. Cleaned lubed up and tweeked, guy handed it to me and said it's ready to k(harvest)ll. I mentioned my fiber optics were old and dulled a bit. He said, I can sell you a new site but it would cost more than your bow is worth. it might be older than some of the guys working there.

It takes a whole second for the business to travel 25 yards.
I think my bow was made in 89 or 90. It's the first and last one I'll ever buy. If I get a job I may get a new xbow. IF. Meanwhile my obsolete horton still works great.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

MLD, congrats on getting an interview
Old 10-13-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
Frasier: "Speaking of old chums, Daphne, a Clive called for you a little earlier"

Daphne: "Clive? Did he sound British?"

Frasier: "No, he was one of those fiery Mexican Clives"

I've been watching some Frasier lately to take my mind off things. I went through a phase of The Big Bang Theory.
There was a Clive of India (would have thought there would be more than one actually)

Plus i'm sure sure that everyone has heard of the Mi Mexico Restaurant in Clive, Iowa

I'm sure Frasier would never be sarcastic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151013_233210.jpg (54.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-13-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Did a permanent mount on my House-end Wireless Bridge Antenna. Extremely discrete. Well, the Antenna is. Roku is on and smokin' through the new Wireless Router. Deployed the big Flat Screen TV finally out of the Moving Box where it's been for 3 Months behind the Couch. Ya just can't rush some things.

'FM', as we used to say. The M stands for 'Magic'.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

I signed up for cable internet, after eight years with Clear. Sad to see it go, I liked it. So I bought my modem and get activated on Thursday. I almost bought a new ROKU while I was there, but my old one works fine. We'll see, mebbe later. Love the ROKU, though.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Another good thing today - won $250 on our friendly football betting pool. We do weekly picks on 5 games - but we had ties for the first four weeks so the pot grew. Gone are the days when that all would have gotten spent on booze.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good day!
Work, school, went to talk to my hot prof about political terrorism and philosophy, went for a walk by the river, on my way to yoga, then home to study and have a bath.
Definitely diggin' sobriety.
Xoxo

Oh! And I followed my eating plan, it's been working really well to pre cook my meals on the weekend and freeze them to eat throughout the week- no more being to tired to cook and getting take out.
Or more like I'm not too hungover to cook.....
Old 10-13-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

good evening chowder heads! what's cooking?

congrats on the pool and the job interview MLD,
Js - I started doing yoga again, well stretching in my kitchen at least - just a few poses... got to limber up
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

I love yoga. Keeps me semi sane.

Congratulations on the interview Marty.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Clinton did well in the debate tonight.

Beagles are tucked into bed.

I'm going to grab my book and read until I fall asleep.

G'night everyone. Sleep tight.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I want to do yoga again and you're all making me feel guilty for sitting here. I'm going to bed soon after a little reading. There are not enough hours in the day.

Sao, you amaze me. How did you find Clive, Iowa? I've actually been to Clive, Iowa. Probably to eat, actually, since it's not far from my aunt and uncle's house and they eat out a lot when guests are in town. Don't know that I've eaten at Mi Mexico though. Weird.

I think I'll go do some kitchen yoga. While I'm getting ice cream. Have fun gearing up Brain. You sound excited.

Congrats on the win, MLD. That's super. Your lucky week?! Interview should go well.

Ok, I've got to go. Time for bedtime prep.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, happy hump day

Congratulations for winning the football pool MLD

Lol Ruby, too much time on my hands - the opposite of you so no need to feel guilty.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Day 1 down of a 2 day offsite meeting.

It's not so bad.. It's at a winery ...

Meh.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!!!

The weasel is in the house!!

Best sleep I have had in weeks. My cold feels gone but I will go slower. I think the gym tomorrow. Thursdays have become this down day for me at work since key contacts in Amsterdam are not in. I can actually do work.

The mind is still on the mend. I sat and read last night. I look back as see how I slowly over the last few weeks got off plan. Thats what used to lead to colossal, epic events. I made some choices to put plans in place. Ones I made after my last epic over a year ago. Its called my diet-exercise-speak-up-speak-out-choose-to-live-now plan. It sits under glass waiting for just a moment like this week. Engage!

Pumpkin carving this weekend. Dinner out. A movie I want to see. Cooking. SR.

Off to work.

Thanks for the support yesterday!

The bus driver will be kicking off promptly tomorrow morning!!!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
saoutchik

They have wine in New Zealand - fancy!

I could've done without this reminder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151014_113910.jpg (37.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-14-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Morning all...still here Feeling extremely annoyed today...my ex is not bothering to come to my son's dental surgery appointment (probably because he owes me substantial money as I had to front for all the dental bills as apparently he went to the bank, and the money was supposed to be there, but wasn't - still has not shown up 3 weeks later!!). I do not know why this surprises me, he is unemployed, but instead I have to drive 50 miles out of my way to pick up son from school, to drive back in the direction I came in for the dental surgery (at a big downtown university). This just gets old.

Otherwise, slugging through school work, son's birthday this weekend, Mr. Fireman helped me get him a nice gift he wanted as I am so short with the dentists bills. Son and Mr. Fireman met a few weeks ago for the first time, and get on just fine - Mr. Fireman changed out my brake pads and rotors, and my son is still confused that he is a fireman not a mechanic!

Snow forecast for Sunday here, which sucks as I was hoping to go to a pumpkin patch!
Old 10-14-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Wednesday.

Learningagain, hugs. That's a lot of driving but it's great that you're there for your son. Cheers for Mr. Fireman! What a guy.

Sao,

Tetra, I hope you have a good day.

Ken, I'm glad you're feeling on the mend and got rest. Hopefully the cold is behind you. Probably wise to take it easy.

See you all later.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon friends