Notices

Weekender October 9th

Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

All day meetings.

I bring housework into meetings, I make lists for the kids, pay bills .. Draw new designs for my house .. All the while nodding and making eye contact.

Death by **********.

K. I'll make you some tea. There's still cake in the fridge.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that link about Hemingway, Mesa. So interesting I listened to the NPR recording.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Slides on a computer screen
Old 10-13-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

hello gang... just a quick stop by .

weasel hope you are able to get on top of things, what you need is more positivity, stick around and we'll have a meeting after the meeting to further break this down. Then we can inject some positivity into the situation. Hope you are able to grapple with it while the team can perform a root cause analysis.

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! The meeting after the meeting! Like we all didn't just waste 90 minutes of our day discussing the schedule etc. And the person running the meeting asks if we can discuss this off line, so there will a meeting after the meeting... And usually there are more than one meeting after the meeting. Honest.

However, "I'll to get back to you." Rates up there as well.

"Let me get back to you on that!"
Old 10-13-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

822 Dilbert Comic Strips on the Topic of 'Meetings'. I rest my Case.

- Dilbert Comic Strip Finder Website -

Brill Meeting Strategy, Trees39! Re: Time -> Use It Or Lose It

OK, time to patch Roku Streaming Video into this Joint, since the new DSL line is up and smokin' at ~13 Meg speed after some extremely tedious Troubleshooting. Entering WPA-2 level Security Codes yesterday was a bust. A common problem I finally read up on at a Support Forum for these Wireless Bridge Devices. I'll tackle that one later.

A Sobriety-maintenance paradigm to facilitate mainstreamed Cranial compartmentalization.

BBL, to use a lil 'Net Speak.-)
Old 10-13-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you are hanging in there Ken

Lol the fact that I was taking pictures of the view out of the roof will no one noticed A.) showed how bored I was and B.) how little my presence was felt.

Not sure what photo I can come up with to fulfil Mesa's next mission but I may have something to make him jealous at my flat (apologies to non geeks)

FTTP 330 BPMS (OK that's max but even so...)

GET IN!

I think the lady from Lakeland handles my bank queries
Old 10-13-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hi! I have got to get something done today. Yesterday I found out it was 1/2 off all clothing and accessories at the Value Village, and I needed to buy some decent clothes for church (yes, I went and I liked it.) I got three skirts and three tops and two light jackets and spent $23. Amazing. Now to get the Febreeze scent out of them. Between that and an oil change, that was my day.

Ken, you'll work through this. I trust people who are proven to be trustworthy, and I'm pretty cautious about with whom I spend time. I think that is the lesson of domestic assault, a heightened discernment about danger. I know I had not nearly enough healthy boundaries in past friendships and relationships. If I had gotten out sooner, I could have avoided a lot of pain. There were plenty of red flags I ignored. Live and learn, though. Good lessons, hard though they may be. I was definitely naïve and now I'm not.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

nothing like women's clothes half off I must say..

Forced myself to bed at 2200 last night and drove to lancaster at 0800.
Saw on buggy with a black horse. That orange triangle slapped on the back kind of ruined the look...I went shopping this morning myself. Got a new hunting uniform! I showed the wife what she got me for xmas.
I'm still working on my clown suit though - and I'm gonna use it!

I saw that I can get jumpsuits real cheap on amzingdotcom. Tan jumpsuit for around 10 bucks, then mimic the pattern of the one I dropped a hundy on. Re-sell them for triple... oh the dreamer. I should probably have a meeting with myself about it. But as long as I don't violate trademarks or patents, I'll be okay. Home depot's blue paint is the 'same' as Lowes... Make a few dozen in the off season and 'introduce' them late summer. Finding the right dye is gonna be the hard part.
Unless someone wants to let me use their silkscreen press...?

My bow is dead on, but my biceps tendon is not pleased. Unless I am 100% I will not use it.
It's definitely fall here. Still a little too warm for me to climbing up into trees.

kostko finally got the tg4 camera in stock- should be arriving any day now. Spare battery is next. Should I wrap in xmas paper, give it to the wife and then take it in the woods with me? Also working on a homemade camera mount for the tree. Why not? I have an old tripod that's collecting dust. The silly things that get me motivated...

More importantly, I'm not drinking which used to be a big part of the ritual.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post

K. I'll make you some tea. There's still cake in the fridge.
I can picture arriving on your stoop unannounced. Knocking. You open the door. You look at my face. You read me as you turn in leaving me to close the door behind........
Old 10-13-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Off to see the therapist! Woo Hoo!

ciao
Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

My boss used exponentially as often as possible even if it doesn't fit in anywhere. Meh
Old 10-13-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Well, I have an interview Thursday. Let the anxiety begin. Wouldn't be a big deal but my résumé got lost in a laptop crash so must be re-created. Plus updated references list. They don't seem to care much about the DUI. For now. The final decision on that gets made at the state level and they won't check until (if) I'm a final candidate. Fingers crossed all around. I REALLY need a full time job with benefits.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

MLD, that is great news. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The cat's away so the mice can ... check SR from time to time. Plus, you guys are side-splitting today. LBrain -- ah, that's an oldie but a goodie.

Before I switched sectors, I was frequently in meetings led by a fellow, who would occasionally get exasperated and tell people to "stop admiring this to death." And things got done.

Mecanix, that was a nice song you shared with Ken. It's one of my faves, actually. A lovely message.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang
Old 10-13-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great pics of your beagles Jen

Home late again tonight. I shouldn't complain I suppose

We'll done on getting the interview MLD, good luck for Thursday
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hey... Back from my appointment. Relaxing and enjoying the evening. I feel much better than this morning. Keep on keepin on!

I will say good night later. TV!
Old 10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good luck on the interview, MLD! Deep breaths.

Venecia, I laughed at the "stop admiring this to death." That's awesome!

At least you have a window Sao. I have a view out to the alley in back of me. In front of me is a really boring view of beige walls and grayish carpeting and absolutely DEAD silence. No one buzzing around or talking on my end of the floor. All I hear is the hum of my computer drive. Snore.

Ken, I hope that your trip to the therapist is productive. You sound excited if it merits a woo hoo! Good for you getting the appointment.

Which reminds me: I have to schedule an appointment for son at doctor; I have to change the oil in my car (thanks Bim); I need to update my resume (thanks MLD).

I can thank all of you for laughs and inspiration. Trees, I also laughed at slides on a computer screen. Ugh.

I'm on hold with the doctor's office. For about 10 more minutes and then I have to leave. Talk to you all later.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you're feeling better Ken

Actually that is not my office Ruby but a customers swanky West End office (it's called Millbank Tower in SW1) I was misleading I guess calling it a window when what it is really a glass roof. My own office has no windows that are close enough to see out of Ruby just a ceiling height screen with a brick wall on one side, not good

Brynn, how are you getting along solo now? It must be an improvement without all the drama
Old 10-13-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Mld..Getting the interview is a great first step...second step? Anyway. ..take some deep breaths, go for a hike, relax...you'll do great in the interview. Go for it!
Old 10-13-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Ken