Notices

Weekender October 9th

Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Morning rogues!

Woke with the beginnings of a migraine ugh. It's stress. Mr brynn is supposed to be staying at his moms while he finds a place to live but he's here constantly 'getting' things and basically trying to get me to change my mind. My patience is wearing very thin. I've given him a deadline for getting all his stuff out. I even told him I'd pay for storage if he hasn't found a place by then. He's such a baby. Grrrr!!!

I bought some books for my godson and I'm sitting here with my coffee reading them. They're tearjerkers. I need a good cry anyway.

Glad you're feeling better Ken.

And good luck on the interview Marty. I remember last year when you went to take the exam. I have no doubt you'll do great.

(((LA))) you're a good mom.

Xoxo
Old 10-14-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm making good progress on the resume. Luckily, I have a printed copy of my outdated one, so I don't have to make it up from scratch. Just have to target it and add latest job experience. Piece of cake. Interview suit ready to go. Thanks goodness I don't have to run around and buy clothes. Answers to probable questions percolating. They to,d me they use "behavioral interviewing." I had no idea what that was, but thankfully they provided me with links to websites containing common questions. So I'm doing all I can.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Happy hump day rogues!

Best of luck with interview prep MLD!

B
Old 10-14-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

MLD, that's interesting about the interviewing. I hope you find the job that suits you, whatever that may be. I keep finding "reasons" not to look. That needs to come to a screeching halt. Soon.

My weaning off coffee took a hit yesterday when I woke with a terrible headache and like every good addict I went right for the standard, 40 years tried-and-true cure. Caffeine. It worked. Sigh, back to the drawing board. At least I'm down to one cup of 2/3 decaff 1/3 regular. Progress, not perfection. Seems to be one of my favorite sayings lately. There is a lot of grace in that statement.

Weasel, I'm glad you're back on track. We've missed you in the thread, hopefully this means you'll be here regularly?

I need a big hill walk. Someone kick me into gear.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Good for you for preparing mld. I never heard of behavioral interviewing either.
I'm having a slow start to this Wednesday. ..not feeling too great, feels like allergies. Watching Daniel Boone. ..dogs ready to get walking. I'll get moving after this show is over.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

HaF, slow starts are good. I'm a fan.

Brynn, Mr. Ruby's intention to stay with his sponsor was short lived. Dang it. I wholly understand your anxiety that your BF has been in and out. Nerve wracking when you just with a break. Hang in there.

MLD, I'm going to Google behavioral interviewing. I've never heard that either but it's fantastic that they gave you a heads up.

I'm bored. Super bored. I need projects.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

That's "want" a break, not "with" a break. Auto correct. Bah!!

Bimini, I usually drink decaf everything and it's OK. I don't think I could give it up completely. Can't I just have one vice?!
Old 10-14-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Brynn, I hope he wraps up things quickly. I know that kind of situation can be exasperating. Hang tight.

Well, I've been sort of ignoring it, pushing it to the back of my mind, but there's no doubt ... I'm slipping into a bit of depression Hard to ignore at this point. Yeah, it's here again, but I don't have to let it take me down. This time I hope to deal with it by focusing and sticking with my daily routine as much as possible. That seems to help.

Just putting it out there.

Ken, you sound great today

Bim, good luck with the coffee thing. I weaned down to a cup per day, and now I throw in chai every other day. It seems to be a good substitute. I feel much more relaxed without all that caffeine surging through my system, but not as "peppy" anymore. Getting used to the odd, flat feeling.

Ruby, wow I don't think I'm ever bored. I wish I had 24 more hours in the day at times, lol. I can't get all my books read, so I am thinking I'll probably die with stacks of books left unread. Spacey at times, but never bored. Lol.

Happyandfree, what kind of dogs do you have?
Old 10-14-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
saoutchik

MLD" Behavioral Interviewing" is a new word for what used to be called "Interviewing"
I expect the websites they directed you to visit will tell you pretty much all you need. Take a really close look at the job description though - it makes second guessing your answers easier. Rehearsing your answers feels kinda embarrassing, like rehearsing a speech but well worth it as it saves thinking about what you are going to say next. Hilary Clinton would have practised her answers and this is the same thing. Way of the world now. Knock 'em dead MLD

Hope the headache has gone now Bimini

Ruby, you have my sympathy - I have been bored off my **** at times this week

Have a 9.00 am appointment 40 miles north of London tomorrow grrr. Still at work though not for much longer. Famished
Old 10-14-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope it passes Soberpotamus, your Beagles must help, they would cheer me up

You have to wait a long time for men to grow up Brynn i'm afraid. Coupla more millenia ought to do it. Good idea with threatening storage
Old 10-14-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

The Beagles are precious. They do help Can't imagine not having them.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

MLD, in the past, I have rehearsed answers to likely interviews questions out loud. Or in front of someone. It really helped to speak them aloud. Solidified some things.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

hope y'all are well on this hump day. If the wife wouldn't drink coffee I probable would drink a lot less. I have water in the mornings. But a nice hot cuppa does feel good. I can go days without coffee.

Brain’s tip of the day: When you decide to pick a couple peppers from the yard to put in your stir fry, either wear gloves or just be really careful. And if, while slicing your peppers real fine, you get squirted on the face, DON’T RUB IT unless you want your lips and nostril to burn for hours.
Make authentic Chinese noodles with whatever thin spaghetti is handy. Rinse and back into pot. Do NOT overcook, more al dente than fully cooked. Give em a dash of ground ginger, white pepper, a dash of soy sauce and a dash or two of sesame oil. Stir it up and set aside.
Cut up carrots small, celery thin, banana peppers very thin, small amount of onion very thin and a couple cloves of garlic very thing – gotta use what you got.
Make mock lobster using the haddock that was on sale yesterday. Basically boil water with a little lemon and do them 3 or 4 pieces at a time. Set aside.
Started pan with peanut oil then added veggies – not garlic – for about a minute tops, added shrimp.
Throw in some ginger white pepper, a little soy sauce – a LITTLE – toss it around and add garlic. Then add about a tablespoon of oyster sauce and a bit of sesame oil when the shrimp is almost cooked. Stir in your noodles and to toss it together. When it looks finished, add your haddock and toss it together.
Put some in a bowl and enjoy lunch – or dinner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fishstirfry.JPG (56.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-14-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang I'm watching wheelchair rugby I've seen it before but its so physical Canada are currently beating New Zealand 34-21

just seen a guy get his wheelchair turned over the commentator said its a collision sport
Old 10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hope you all make it through your struggles with other people...

Old 10-14-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Do your best

Looks good L were having homemade chicken pasta bake
Old 10-14-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Looks great, LBrain.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

SoberP, do you get down with the change in seasons/shorter days? I've noticed myself sliding off too. Bumped up my routine, added some creative stuff. Seems to be helping.

As for being bored, I know I've often told my kids that people who complain that they're bored are sometimes boring people. I'm always super busy never bored at home but at work, every morning it's like sitting through a five hour meeting in which you have very little to contribute. Then I go to the office in the afternoon and it's like sitting in a funeral home because it's so quiet. Sao, I feel your pain.

Once I leave I'm OK. I'd love to switch careers to something completely different but can't at the moment
Old 10-14-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Oh, yes I know what you mean then, being bored at work is entirely different than being bored at home. Oh geez, yeah I know how that goes. Though my job was stress-filled and required me to change gears throughout the day, it was so god awful boring most of the time. I left that company in 2009 and glad I did.

I left to work from home, and worked for a company for six months where I learned about SEO, blogging, and writing online; then started freelancing. It's been hard to do, and lots of work for the money, but I wouldn't go back to my old company, that's for sure.

I work part-time in merchandising (two days per week) in order to be able to freelance part-time (digital copywriting/blogging for a few clients) just to stay away from an office, lol. And then I struggle to write 2-3 hours each morning, creatively (fiction). That's what I've been working toward, and it's been a slog. Some days I type chapters of novels when nothing flows; at least I'm dissecting someone else's writing and learning technique/style.

Sometimes I think - just what the hell am I doing? Lol. But I won't go back to what I was doing, so I keep moving forward.

The change in seasons has a lot to do with it, yep. Probably everything. I'm sure it's seasonal affective. The first fall I experienced sober I was down for two months, not kidding. In bed for about two months. The following year, it was not quite as bad, down for weeks. And now it's my third fall being sober. So, we'll see
Old 10-14-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Still slow going around here. Took the dogs on their walk and went to the post office and now I'm watching a movie. Some old Donald Sutherland/Julie Christy movie called Don't Look Now. My new antenna tv has weird old shows and movies. It's like stepping back in time. Daniel Boone, Bewitched, The Musters, and old movies. But it's good old stuff so I'm not complaining.
Soberpotamus. .your beagles are adorable. I have german shepherds.

Last edited by happyandfree; 10-14-2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: name corrected