Notices

Weekender October 9th

Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

MLD, I'll be sending good vibes your way tomorrow!

Another lovely photo, Tetra. Brynn, may this pass soon. Sao, go get some sleep! Brain, I'm a big wussie when it comes to spicy food, but the rest of your dish looked absolutely dishy.

So hard to keep up with everything here on the WSBT (W'enders Speeding Bullet Thread). All's well here, though it feels as the blues came to town. They do from time to time, usually for no apparent reason. This time, though, I think it's connected to my body's struggle to shake off the last vestiges of this bug. Shall pass soon, I hope. I can go wintry every once in a while, like many (most?) of us.

All my best to you.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Triggery triggers triggersons.

I had to meet with an investment guy. I have serious issues with money and paying people to do stuff that I don't think they need to be getting that much money for. Ugh. I walked out. I lost a lot of money in 2008 and I'm not over it, dangit!!

Then, FML, I get home to a Jury Summons. That's three, count 'em, three jury summons in the last seven months.

I'm pissy. MLD, I already jogged for a while and I'm drinking Tension Tamer tea and it's been an hour and I'm still shakey. I don't even.

Not drinking. Just anxiety-triggered. Sorry, thanks.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

who is easily distracted? ME

was doing things in the basement but I just had to try to find out how much this "simplex sunbowl" heater might be worth. Might fetch 50. I saw a 're-purposed' one with a light bulb in it selling for 80 bucks on some antiques site... I do know it is worth nothing taking up space in the basement - unless MesaMan wants it to to re-purpose as a satellite dish...
prolly not good for fm tho...

Bim, as I recall, I went through a period of getting jury summons for a year or so. They were coming regularly, then suddenly they stopped. I never got another one. I did like the call in aspect of it- that was for local courts. When I had federal jd - you had to show up and wait in the halls all day. And driving to Philly in snow wasn't a treat just to waste a few days.
I think they put you in a pool and after a few tries, you get sent to the back of the line. Hopefully forever. And if you serve, you also get a pass for a while.
If you get a chance, watch the ORIGINAL "12 angry men". good movie. I first saw the russian movie "12" based on it. Also very good.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Marty....just keep telling yourself this time tomorrow the interview will be over with. Plan a special treat for afterward. Lunch/snack/desert at your favorite place maybe? Hope you can get some sleep tonight. We'll all be here cheering for you and waiting to hear how it went.

Beautiful picture tetra.

Bim...I went through a period where I got jury summons every couple of months...maybe three or four in all. They leave me alone now since I got a felony....yay! I'm not suggesting you become a felon, but.....no more jury summons and before y'all get any wild ideas, my felony was alcohol/drug related. I'm not a murderer or anything exciting like that.

I hope everyone who's feeling down feels better soon. I think I have SAD during the summer. Is that even possible? Can't stand summertime....too darn sunny!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Relax, MLD....you will be fine in the interview. You have so much life experience, and are far smarter than most of the bimbos they are interviewing. Just be yourself. Leave the scared little girl outside the office when you go in and pick her up on the way out. That office needs you!
Who mentioned tired? I fell asleep watching that movie today and had a delightful long nap. I've been exhausted lately. I don't know about taking the blood pressure med at night. I'm still tired.
Well, anyway, the movie Gandhi is on now. Mesa...theere are great movies and shows on the antenna tv...I am amazed.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I ate. The "H" part of HALT was definitely in play in my being triggered. I hiked earlier and had only eaten breakfast - at 7AM. I feel a little better now.

I called the court and the lady said the judge would probably release me since I showed up three different days in the last seven months already. Fingers crossed. I've been called about 8/9 times since I moved to WA. Never before in any of the three other states in which I lived.

Where's Lenina? She's not in this thread, is she? She has the 411 on the stars and planets... hey Della, ask her in Cow's thread. (This is like the telephone game.) Something is aligned all wacky - so many of us are having little meltdowns.

Oh, wait. A forum full of alcoholics. What could go wrong?

Old 10-14-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Lenina hasn't checked in on weekenders that I've seen.

Bimini, I think they should let you go. I've never heard of so many jury summons coming. I think here if you get one and go you're off the hook for the year but every jurisdiction is different.

Marty, hugs! We'll be there with you. Eye contact while talking, firm handshake when you get there, thank you note afterwards. Body language is SO important. I've interviewed people who looked like their best friend died and mumbled into their collars. You can knock 'em dead.

Daughter crashed on couch with headache and sore throat. Argh!!! She was just at the doctor on Monday for a follow up on tummy troubles. She was absolutely fine then. I hope y'all didn't get her sick

Time to rustle son to bed.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope your daughter isn't coming down with the bug going around, Ruby.

Still rummaging around trying to find something for dinner. Could have cereal but I had that for lunch. I should've made a real meal at the normal dinner hour. Now I'll just have a handful of crackers here and there and still wonder what's for dinner! Hate when I do this. This is how I ended up eating all that old Easter candy awhile back. Now I don't even have THAT to fall back on. I make a horrible cat lady.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone! See you tomorrow morning on the new weekend thread -
Old 10-14-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

G'night all, sleep tight.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

good night sp... and everyone else.
Bim I always crack up at those things you post.
Just finished a midnight snack. I'm eating too much cheese...
Got my third load of laundry in the dryer. It's huntin stuff. Gotta have a clean set of clothes every time I go out. And they gotta hang outside. real clothes are on the line, drying miscellaneous - yes, even my little back pack gets washed...

Mrs got home at 0000 on the dot. I'm making progress in the basement - those JBL speakers I've been saving for ever are on the chopping block. Let's see, I have a technics stereo in the closet in the spare bedroom. A bose lifestyle system in a box in the laundry room. Another full component system in the garage...
Not to mention my turntable in a box I've been toting around the country for the past 30 years... And I use a 20 dollar boom box from wal mart... AWESOME!

SHOTGUN!
Old 10-14-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Feel better sick people

Good luck with the biminiblue/MLD

About to hit the road, see you all on the new Weekender soon. Have a good day