Notices

Weekender October 9th

Old 10-14-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

My husband's uncle raised German Shepherds. He loves those dogs! Trains them. I think he was in dog food sales at one point. He worked for years in sales, and definitely has the personality for it. He built this huge, amazing cage/living area for the dogs. He still has one, named Harry. Very well behaved dog.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Resume and references done. Now for a bit of a break and then housework. I don't know how I'll get everything done in life if I get this job. Last time I worked full-time I still had a husband. He didn't do much, but it was enough to keep my head above water. Only thing about this job I would dread is the commute. It's in a bigger city about an hour east of here. But it's all freeway with no traffic jams. When I commuted before, it was into Minneapolis with daily horrible traffic. So this would be more manageable, but still 2 hours gone out of each day. Said I'd never commute again, but desperation will make you take back those "nevers."
Old 10-14-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Helpful Hints, Troopz ~

You say you're bored? Not this Gal! Not a sound Strategy, obviously...

- Naked Woman Destroys Subway Restaurant -

Me, I'm amped on my usual Coffee and about to do some Tests to see why 'Net connection speed dropped ~1/3rd when I mounted my Wireless Bridge Antenna on the House yesterday. Likely a Metal Gutter 'too' close that's sucking up Lextrons. So, the usual, plodding Theory -> Test -> Conclusion - a.k.a. Rationality - will sort it out in gorgeous Weather. Then, learn a bit more about Roku Box protocol once my speedy Link is back up. Some FB Town Homies love Antenna TV, H&F. And, thanx to you and Bim on the Roku Reviews.

Moved all my good Stereo Gear around last night to get it a smidge closer to the Flat Screen. I wanted to port TV Audio out to the Stereo for blasting Concerts. After much Investigation, I find there's no 'Audio Out' Jacks on this TV. SOOOO, I gotta find some HDMI or USB Converter. Blah, blah, blah... Good challenges to have in Sobriety.

Good lookin' Chow, LBrain! Oatmeal here, cuz I gotta keep movin'.

I hope Folks manage to ditch any lingering Funk using whatever healthy methods work...

- 'Blinded Me With Science' ~ Thomas Dolby ~ Live -
Old 10-14-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Don't Look Now sounds like it should be hokey but is actually rather good HaF (Nick Roeg directed, I think)

Hope your headache has gone Brynn

It's only Wednesday and I am so bloody tired. 7:25pm here i have been in about 20 minutes, I might have to eat and go to bed.

Stone me what a life! Tony Hancock
Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LBRAIN your lunch sounds great. You are quite right about slicing chillies too, intense handwashing required to avoid stingy eyes
Old 10-14-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Wow, Mesa. That's unbelievable. How on earth did she manage to do that much damage before someone called the cops? That's just insane. How does one "pull down ceiling tiles" easily? Lol.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

ha - just sold the heater I picked up for free

TD - incredible talent...

I still eat my oats almost every day.

How did she tear down ceilings tiles?

She was probably jacked up on something

It's tough enough trying to restrain someone gone off the deep end. And when they are covered in feces, the difficulty factor goes way up.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You would have thought one of the last places anyone would want to strip naked was Anchorage, Alaska.

Maybe the dressing wasn't to her liking and she was responding subliminally
Old 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
...holds the key

So....thought I'd check in here for a little distraction....And, as usual, y'all didn't disappoint ha! Naked Subway wreckers, lunch recipes (sorry about the pepper incident, Brain), old movies, German shepherds and more talk of Roku (which I have no clue what that even is because I'm WAY out of the loop). Seriously, sometimes I feel like y'all are speaking a different language!

My migraines better thanks to the miracle drug Zomig (thanks for asking Sao).

My other headache was here at lunch rummaging through stuff in the garage. Says he's getting stuff he needs for his bike...umm....it's a Harley not a bicycle....not like you need to fix the chain or pump up the tire! There have been days recently that I wish I still did oxy or Xanax or at least had something on hand for the stress. I know that's not what I'm supposed to think but it's what goes through my head. Still practicing mindfulness and living in the now. That'll have to do I guess.

It's come to this.....eating raisin bran out of the box for lunch.
Xoxo
Old 10-14-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Glad your headache is better, B
Old 10-14-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I'm just heading out the door, but I wanted to give brynn a hug.

This too shall pass. I say give him two more days to get everything. This dallying is hard on you. (Says bim, who kept her exH's stuff for 10 months. He didn't "drop in" though.)
Old 10-14-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks potamus and bim
Old 10-14-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Watching the new series of the Apprentice - it always brings out my worst character traits
Old 10-14-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Ha. I just remembered, my Ex left his stuff in my big storage room. He had boxed up his kitchen stuff, and I kept snagging things out of there that I wanted to use. Oops.

Moral of the story: Take your ish when you go. And please, go.

Bye!!! Appointment.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Could I accidentally snag a grill? Wonder if he'd notice.....

Sao, you're ruining my image of you. Bad character traits? Nah.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

We all have bad character traits. Goes with the territory of being human and not saints. Well, "bad" might be an overstatement. More like quirks to our personalities

I'll have to check out the Subway story. My paper had an article about someone finding a mouse in a Subway sandwich. Not a banner day for the sandwich chain. I'm going to read about the wrecker.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Ok now I'm starting to freak out. Have been chain smoking and pacing. I haven't had an interview this important in a very long time. I wish I could go for a hike but I tweaked my knee last time I went and it's still not so great. I should try to meditate. Ha. Not likely. My brain is on overdrive. In the old daze I'd be hitting the bar for a wine or three about now. Just enough to take my mind off it but not enough to mess me up the next day. Not an option. Maybe some herbal tea.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Good luck with your interview MLD.

Here is a picture of the setting sun at the Spanish Arch.

"I hope I never get tired of the night sky, of thunderstorms, of watching cream make galaxies in my coffee. I hope I never grow to be someone who can no longer see the small beautiful things".
Attached Images
Old 10-14-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Mld:

Take the interview as a chat, they'll ask you to 'tell them about a time where you...'

And you will cause you are the most qualified person to speak about you! You are a subject matter expert😀

Have fun with it.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Trees - that's exactly what my best friend said to do. Easier said than done!!