Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2

Old 10-03-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Posting here because I'm afraid I might drink. Really struggling even after two years sober. I don't want to drink, but I'm angry I can't numb out. Emotions are overwhelming. Glad to have SR.
Good luck with the driving lessons, Tetra. Aren't roundabouts fun? Not.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Glad you're here, Leshar.

Do you exercise? On the other end of the spectrum, is there a place where you could indulge in something chocolate-y yummy?

Stay close.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Don't feel guilty, Frick! Isn't that just what the financial aid is for? Celebrate with some other treat. Like cake or ice cream or whatever.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thanks, Venecia. No, I haven't exercised in ages. I like a Haagen Daz ice cream bar for a treat. I think I need to join a gym.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Tetra: I've been to Ireland and those roundabouts are terrifying and I wasn't even driving!!!!
Old 10-03-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Leshar, you've made it though some tough times. They always pass. Have you looked at Positive Thinking?

You'll make it through this too, because you deserve a good life and there is no room for us for drinking in a good life.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey team... I have been absent but here now!

Got a flat tire last night. Fixed by the guy with a neck tattoo. That was fun! Only 4 bucks.

I need to catch up.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Someday, driving through roundabouts will seem like second nature, Tetra. I drove through them in England and kinda liked 'em. They've become much more common in the States these days.

Well, off to an ... appointment? Earlier this spring, I was seeing a guy. Nice man. But no za-za-zou for me ... didn't get the impression he felt any sparks, either. (We were not, you know, involved.) Then I went off to visit the extended fam in New Orleans, then he went off to business matters for a couple weeks in California and we just faded away, save for the occasional exchange of pleasantries on FB.

Out of the blue, earlier this week, he asked me out. Dinner and a small theater show. It took me by surprise but I said 'yes.' I'm hoping that he is viewing as I am -- a couple friends reconnecting for a nice evening. Don't really think it's a date. Right?

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a middle-aged woman. We now return to our regularly scheduled banter and support.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Do your best

We watched strictly aswell Tetra congrats on the driving lessons

We ordered a film I've wanted to see for years its called almost famous

Anyone seen it ?
Old 10-03-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Someday, driving through roundabouts will seem like second nature, Tetra. I drove through them in England and kinda liked 'em. They've become much more common in the States these days.

Well, off to an ... appointment? Earlier this spring, I was seeing a guy. Nice man. But no za-za-zou for me ... didn't get the impression he felt any sparks, either. (We were not, you know, involved.) Then I went off to visit the extended fam in New Orleans, then he went off to business matters for a couple weeks in California and we just faded away, save for the occasional exchange of pleasantries on FB.

Out of the blue, earlier this week, he asked me out. Dinner and a small theater show. It took me by surprise but I said 'yes.' I'm hoping that he is viewing as I am -- a couple friends reconnecting for a nice evening. Don't really think it's a date. Right?

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a middle-aged woman. We now return to our regularly scheduled banter and support.
He probably thinks it's a date- I would!
Old 10-03-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thanks MLD. I guess I feel like I got out of something I didn't deserve to get out of.....but that was fleeting. I'm mostly feeling pretty darn grateful....so I'm celebrating with a black bean burger. Mmmm
Old 10-03-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

My guess is he thinks its a date!
Old 10-03-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hang in there Leshar!! Stay close to SR!!

Finished watching the rugby, England crashed out 33-13 to Australia!!

If it's any consolation Tetra, just remember it's never going to get any worse than this roundabout in Swindon, I've had the pleasure of driving through it twice and after over 10yrs of driving, still hadn't the foggiest clue:

Old 10-03-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
We ordered a film I've wanted to see for years its called almost famous

Anyone seen it ?
"Almost Famous" is my all-time favorite movie.

I'm a little embarrassed to say how many times I've seen it...as a matter of fact, I won't even watch anything with Kate Hudson in it other than "Almost Famous," because I so identified with her character.

I'm still a bit delusional.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

It's a date! Have fun!

Love Almost Famous. I am lazy today.

Tetra I hate driving circles.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

A fine Day...

Salmon and Ahi Tuna Sushi Rolls for a late Breakfast. Because we're Grown-Ups, and we can. Gotta good Pic of it, but that can wait.

Just got back from a local Festival where we caught some fine Blues Gee_tar work from a Pro in the Park. All kinda Health Food. Bacon-rolled Sausage on a Stick. The usual Burgers; Brats; Dogs; and Fish & Chips. Fresh local Apples slathered with Ice Cream and Butterscotch Syrup. Kettle Corn and Cotton Candy. Strudel. Some kinda fried Dough resembling a Pretzel, coated in Powered Sugar and Lawd knows what else. A Diabetic's Dream...

There was a local Beer Garden that was packed, but I was on the hunt for fresh-squoze Lemonade.

Because it was for some High School Fundraiser, Da Retired Teacher Wife sprung for some Cupcakes. There was nothing to carry them away with, so we chowed them on the spot. A lil Planning Oversight...

We registered to Vote here in our new Home County.

An Apple Orchard around for >100 years was selling their Fruit with a few of these Carved Pumpkins below as Eye Candy. Kinda reminded me of a certain ex-President.

Stellar People Watching, of course, in excellent Weather.

This 1 Minute Dance Vid is making the rounds today, Tetra. Hope Springs Eternal, eh?

- A Seasoned Dance Vet Bustin' Her Moves -

Old 10-03-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouraging words earlier folks!

Long day. At a huge funeral in Mrs B home town. Sad day. Lots of drinking afterwards. We left early enough. I collected a few drunken stragglers later on. I think I'm getting a little more used to these events sober.

B
Old 10-03-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Leshar you have got this I believe in you!

MM I haven't had carbs other than veggies in 2 months. I think your post put me in a coma.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Proud of you B!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Great show is Almost Famous, Kate Hudson does a brilliant job!!

Venicia . . . I think it's a date!!

Looks very cool indeed Mesa, defo an ex US president!!

You did great Behan!!