Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2

Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

omg this is awesome.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I think Della's bad dog post was the one that had you laughing, JS. My dog is a pain in the ass but at least he doesn't eat couches. Just my ummm, "personal" articles of clothing.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Yah, our Pooch leaves my Man Thong alone. Fortunately.

He does like to carry around my Socks, and a stinky Slip-On. The wicked Puncture Wound from the Teeth of the aggressive Dog he encountered ~1 Week ago is finally closing up. Antibiotics & Neosporin are working just fine.

Pancakes for Lunch, with some Trance Tunes on the Radio. Nice Weather.

Plans abound today to unpack and hook up the 'Good' Stereo; the Studio Quality Gear that's been sitting around for ~2.5 Months.

Sussing out some Utah Boondocking Sites to hit Solo ~2 Weeks from now. A Precip-free Weather Forecast is a necessity for a Mud-free Trailer Towing Adventure. I've lined up other Options for this ~9 Day Outing.

- Hamburger Rocks Campground Pictures -
Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Yes that's a good point Trees and Ruby. Mine don't listen to me now they are grown up (and why should they)

MLD, Della, Mecx hope you all feel better asap

Ken, how is Tommy?

I am in Hainault (NE London) with my Italian mistress as usual. At considerable expense I have had the cylinders fractionally bored out (only 11cc per cylinder) new bespoke piston heads, rings etc. It also means that there are much finer tolerances that 1960s manufacturing allowed for. All in all it should be good for an extra 25-30 horsepower at no cost to economy.

Because of tha age of the car I don't have to have a catalytic converter but I am going to fit it with one - that will absorb some of the extra power. It will also be able run on unleaded fuel now

It's a bit annoying that I cannot start fitting things to the bodywork until I have everything. Aluminium bodywork is so soft that it is really easy to dent
Hey Sao... Tommy is doing well. He is a smart ass and for that I love him to pieces.

I am making crab cakes again. Also have brown tomatoes with a nice fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves. A day of snacking over any big meals.

I did, however, get the tacos from to down the street. Sucked. Terrible. I predict they will be gone by February. The food business it highly competitive here in Portland.

I am so excited to get to work tomorrow. I have stuff I want to do and wish I could do it now. Lol can you say GEEK?

Mr. Henry has his face buried in my side and he is sleeping. What's not to love about that?

K

This spell check and typing fast makes for lots of edits. Arrrggg
Old 10-04-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Ken & all the enders for another fantastic thread
Old 10-04-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Couch-eating dogs, vampires, myopic penguins.

I really do love this place.

A couple shots from my morning. Must cling to every bit of color in my part of the world -- it won't be long now before there's little of it. Sob!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Great photos!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh yeah...Della's dogs the one eating couches. Sorry Marty. My memory sucks.
I told my brothers to go ahead and reserve a room for me at the old folks home. I'm not even forty and my memory is as bad as my dads. I have no idea how I'm going to make it in school this spring! Better hurry and do some crosswords or join luminosity or something.

Those peppers look amazing, venecia!

Cool landscapes Mesa!
Old 10-04-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

I want a day to myself. Me, horizontal, fluffy blankets, with a supply of coffee, chicken soup and ice cream and chocolate covered pretzels and tea.

I love being a mom and I love my job but I want a day of silence and catching up on Netflix.

I want to veg out luxuriously like a fat lazy cat.

I used to have all the time in the world to do that MY WHOLE LIFE until this year, but I was usually way too hungover to enjoy it the way I would now.

Now every time I lay down or feel sleepy I feel tremendous guilt that I am not entertaining this child to the fullest and getting him lots of exercise.

Ah well, just griping. We have to go exchange the Hulk costume today for a bigger size. Get some bday cards in the mail and run another couple errands.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Go Ireland! Sorry Italy.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Oh yeah...Della's dogs the one eating couches. Sorry Marty. My memory sucks.
I told my brothers to go ahead and reserve a room for me at the old folks home. I'm not even forty and my memory is as bad as my dads. I have no idea how I'm going to make it in school this spring! Better hurry and do some crosswords or join luminosity or something.

Those peppers look amazing, venecia!

Cool landscapes Mesa!
One of my best friends has the worst memory ever- to the point that we watched a movie in the afternoon once, and about 3 hours later I mentioned the movie and he said " we watched a movie?"
We weren't drinking either.
Anyway, he studies geology now and scored the top grades in his class at university- I think you'll be fine, I'm sure you can at least remember what you did 3 hours ago!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Those Chrysanthemums look good enough to eat Venecia.

Glad Tommy is doing OK Ken

I'm sure you provide plenty of entertainment Melina. I reckon children should entertain themselves some of the time
Old 10-04-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Must cling to every bit of color in my part of the world -- it won't be long now before there's little of it. Sob!
Grey is a color.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks Jen. That gives me hope!

You're a good mom, Melina and everyone needs time to themselves to regroup. Nothing wrong with that. And chocolate covered pretzels sound divine!

I'm hiding in my bedroom even though I want to be outside. I don't want to have to talk to mr brynn or face what's going on around here. I'm in avoidance mode. Blah!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Grey is a color.
All 50 sad shades.... But for this color blind guy I agree!!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Speaking of chocolate covered pretzels, I have a recipe for something called pretzel crack. You melt butter and brown sugar together and cook to caramelize a bit, spread it on a cookie sheet, top with pretzels, and bake a bit. Spread semi-sweet chocolate chips over the top to melt, sprinkle sea salt in top, and refrigerate. Then real it up. A friend made this the other day. I have not made it yet because I do not trust myself around it.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Marty...that recipe might be just the incentive I need to get myself to the store!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

When I had my candy store I used to drive out to Unique pretzel factory in Reading PA and get them fresh. Cover them in dark chocolate and drizzle a bit of white chocolate on them. So fresh and amazingly good. Always a best seller. I could not keep up.

I also went to the health food store and had them grind peanuts for me. Dark chocolate peanut butter cups. Oh wow.... Memories...

Old 10-04-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Omg...that pretzel recipe sounds great! I would not trust myself either, with a batch of those.
lazy day...catching up on some rest. Football. Chicken with vegetables will go in the oven soon.
Just committed to going to a family reunion. I've been resistant to going...I really don't like these big family things. But I also don't want to be the only one not going. I can survive one weekend. ...maybe it will be fun.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I could easily eat pounds of anything peanut butter/chocolate!

One of my faves is popcorn covered in white chocolate! Omg!