Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2

Old 10-03-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Mex I feel like all is right with the world when I get up and see your posts.
I'll second that! But all you guys go well with Saturday morning coffee.

Its great to see some new folks taking advantage of the support on this thread and really 'working it'. That's the road to success.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks Della , Mark ,
To know that some find my ramblings useful makes it worthwhile and is another poke in the eye to apathy / ennui .

The smallest word posted or "thanks" here can make a big difference to someone suffering in the fight . That is the "super power" we have

m
Old 10-03-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
saoutchik

BigSomb you picked a good time to be out of Guatemala City (well I know you didn't choose the time but you know what I mean)

I have just been reading about those mudslides - terrible. 26 dead

Drinking an overpriced latte in Hoxton at the mo - off to buy meat and veg in bit
Old 10-03-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Gonna work about 10 hours. Have tomorrow off and going to a comedy show tonight
Old 10-03-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Sao glad you are ok after your incident! There is a lot to be said about over priced coffee occasionally!

Have fun at the comedy club Letitgo!
Old 10-03-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I can't believe the Guatemala mudslide is getting zero coverage on the national news this morning. Not a word. It's all over the Internet, but not televised new. Sheesh.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

But they have time for coverage of the slicing of a 6-foot bratwurst.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yeah, there is not much about it here either MLD, it's all England's SOB rugby match against Australia.

Della last nights skerfuffle was what soccer commentators call "handbags" Lol!

There is a pub over the road that is pushing the rugby hard on top of which rugby and drinking are joined at the hip. Some of the guys (and a few girls) are going to be in a bad way by kick off time at 8.00pm. I have no idea how I can tell this but I know that most of them are out of towners. No Scots - surprising, they must be somewhere else
Old 10-03-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
It's another glorious Saturday. I'm waiting for the sun to rise so I can go walking. Then getting overdue car serviced, errands, and some volunteer work later. Tomorrow will be my lazy day with football. Maybe I'll make a veggie pasta bake. Life is good. I love the weekends.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Lots of sports viewing for me this weekend, too. College football, pro baseball today, then football tomorrow. Will squeeze in a hike or two, as well. I'll be babysitting the guy friend tomorrow. Football=drinking for him. No danger for me. He told me the other day that if I ever drink when I'm around him he will "go apeshit." It's his way of being supportive. He also tells me on a regular basis how well I'm doing and that he's in my court fully. Tomorrow is 10 months for me.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Ten months! Ten months! Yay MLD! he'd go crazy if you drank but you're babysitting him. That's got to be tough.

Saoutchik superhero. I'm glad you weren't arrested for restraining the guy.

Mecanix I'm chiming in with thank you. The quiet voice of reason. With great perspective.

How did everyone do last night? Bixbees how was the work function?

It's raw here. Cold and dripping. I'm at daughter's gymnastic class and then I'll take her with me to the grocery store. I think I'll get a chicken for the chicken and noodles. Which is sort of like a soupy stew. Or stewy soup.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hello, W'enders --

The morning is bright and crisp. From my living room, I look out at a magnificent maple tree. It's slowly moving toward 100 percent fall colors now and is so beautiful. I noticed Bernie is in the upper reaches of the neck of the woods I share with MLD. The colors up there are supposed to be sensational this weekend -- some of the best in years.

MLD: Early congrats on the 10-month anniversary. What a seriously great accomplishment!

Della/Brain: Yeah, no coffee after lunchtime. Which is the pits. A nice cup would taste good somewhere around 7 p.m. but it haunts, doesn't it. I've become quite the tea drinker in sobriety and have some nice concoctions for the evening hours. All I am saying is give teas a chance. (Bad spin on Beatles. Sorry. Really bad.)

Sao: I watch too much British crime here on American public television ... loved "Prime Suspect" in particular. Winced when I read of your "incident." I'm so glad you're relatively uninjured.

Behan: This year shall be my third on SR during the holidays. Fear not! Things fire up here considerably then -- it's definitely a time when we give and receive tons of support from one another.

To all you sports fans, enjoy. To all here, you're appreciated. To any newbies, congrats on choosing sobriety. You can do this.

Off to errands and then Pilates. The latter seems counterintuitive to my not-so-healthy start to the day but it had to happen sooner or later:

Old 10-03-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hi Venecia!

Decaf, folks! Get good decaf. It's all I drink now except at AA meetings. You'll get the flavor without the caffeine.

Sports. England vs. Australia in rugby or Scotland vs. South Africa. Baseball here. College football. There is certainly always something going on.

Behan, ditto on what Venecia and mecanix said about holiday threads. We'll be here.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Way to go, Sao

I got a Bar Band -> Fight Story, but it can wait.

Instead, here's a <1 minute Clip of a personal Super Hero! In your honor...

Coffee goin', and mebbe a nearby local Festival later. Fresh Ahi Tuna and similar-grade Salmon for Sushi Lunch.

Da Pooch ran the entire ~1,350' our Gate, so he continues to be on the mend.

- Daffy Duck As Stupor Duck -

In no small irony re: the name of this Vid Clip, Medical Literature describes the State I was in through 2013 as 'Persistent Stupor'. Where you're never really clear of Alcohol side-effects until your System finally purges. When that 'Fog' finally lifts initially - after ~1 week Abstinent - it's quite the amazing shift in Perception. Highly recommended. And, very seductive as to what the rest of Life could/should be like...
Old 10-03-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Morning Enders ! One more coffee than off to ikea. Heard on the news this morning, or was it yesterday.... You are never more than 3 feet away from a spider. (Sent from my phone so not able to add the appropriate emotional smilie, but any one will do.)
Old 10-03-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Morning Enders ! One more coffee than off to ikea. Heard on the news this morning, or was it yesterday.... You are never more than 3 feet away from a spider. (Sent from my phone so not able to add the appropriate emotional smilie, but any one will do.)
Oh my. I do not like spiders! Have fun at Ikea, Olive. Have been perusing their website for smallish dining tables lately. A couple that I like but still have flashbacks to the hellish three hours it took me to assemble a simple Ikea nightstand table several years back. A table might just drive me bonkers.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Although I really have my eye on a new bed, I am just going today for some additional storage options, so no major building. Get the second bedroom cleaned up. Apparently they need to do an appraisal for my refi, insert horrified smiley here------>.
Good thing I am already mid reorg otherwise one of those paralyzing panic attacks would be setting in about now.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Olive1 ~

FWIW, ReFi Appraisal Criteria are pretty Clinical: # of Bedrooms. Sq. ft. of various other Rooms. # of Baths. Total House & Lot sq. ft.. Upgrades, if any. Type of Heating/Cooling Systems.

The Metrics are compiled over Comparables around the area.

Yah, having the place spiffed-up won't hurt your cause. But, either the Garage is 2 Car, or it ain't. And, so on...

Good Luck, and don't stress over it...
Old 10-03-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

That is a huge relief, Mesa!
Thank you!
Old 10-03-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Disclaimer...

Zillow.com is what Folks are asking for Properties; not what the Properties are worth. Further, Appraisals are a 'snapshot' of Property Value, typically de-rated a smidge. This is because a Lender wants to be on the low, safe side of what they've Loaned out. They want to be able to get their Money back in case of Foreclosure, and sale of a Property in a fluctuating Free Market. Boeing lays off. Housing Market softens a tad...

From Pals of mine out on Bainbridge Island with 2 Houses, I believe you're in proverbial Tall Cotton up there re: Property Values.

With all this 'Weasel Wording' said, check for Comps at the Link below after zooming in on your 'Hood. Pay close attention to what the price sq. ft. is, and the wide range of it. Also pay close attention to percentage of Asking actually received, and Time On Market. This is the time from first Listing to the Property Closing. We got 9 Offers in a few days, and got $40k over Asking on our recent City House Sale. However, the Time On Market appeared as many Weeks because that's what it took to Close. This doesn't apply to your ReFi. It does provide you confidence via Market Indicators. You can also look back on 'Sold' Property Files on Zillow.

To decide the value of your Joint, pick up a handful of Mud. Sling it against a Wall. See what sticks. We also called this SWAG: Silly Wild Azz Guess.

- Zillow.com ~ Seattle -