Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2

Old 10-05-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Feel better Marty!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Marty, I hope you're in bed, sound asleep, as I post this.

I'm home from work, hours now. I went to a meeting at 7:00 and it was really good medicine for what ails me at the moment. Bah!!!

Bimini, your succinct recap of the thread really draws it together in mini novel form. I like that a lot. It makes it all rather magical for me.

I'm wondering where little black cat has been wandering. She's got hitchhikers in her tail. Seed pods that stick in clothes or fur to be distributed. Not burrs though. Those came in on daughter's fuzzy blankie.

I'm debating on ice cream. I'd have to disturb a small cat with sharp claws. I'll disturb her. In a moment.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Whoa! I'm still ahead of Della and Brynn. Just saw I'm going to be at 6,003 posts with this. Far, far behind Dee. Way to go Sao! Keep going. I remember us teasing Behan for under 100. Now look!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Enjoy your ice cream Ruby. Yuck on burrs! I remember getting them on my socks as a kid. Prickly!

Night y'all!
Xo
Old 10-05-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Horrible ending to MNF for Detroit...

Hope you feel better MLD - I think a trip to the Dr is definitely a good idea.

note to self: If you're gonna put a deep red long sleeve t-shirt in the wash with your faded blues jeans, don't let it sit all day and forget about it unless you want pink splotches on your pants. Didn't notice till I pulled them out of the dryer a few minutes ago.

I just put the wife's stuff in the dryer...
and when did they make those soft detergent packs man proof? had a heck of a time getting it open - so I just ripped the top off only to discover there is a combination... maybe put on glasses?

good nite all
Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Just remembered that I forgot to congratulate Miss Della on 9 fabulous months today!!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Congrats, Della!

What soft packs, Brain? Don't those little pillows dissolve in wash? Just don't eat them.

Olive will be happy Detroit lost. I'm watching mayhem of a different kind. First 48.

Creepy commercial for some haunting thingy in Enfield, UK. ick. Based on true events?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Goodnight brynn!
Congratulations on 6004 Ruby!
Congratulations on 9 months, Della!
Good night everyone -sleep tight.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Don't let the bedbugs bite, HaF

Finally going to bed. I'll be tired again tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Recycling day

Sorry that your feeling poorly Marty. I hope it passes quickly

Congratulations on 6000 plus posts Ruby. Cats can probably take care of those burr things themselves

LBrain did you see the cartoon below the one you posted? OMG!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I did a very non alcoholic thing today and a very alcoholic thing today:

I'm in the process of deleting 20000 text messages on my phone bc it's been acting screwy and freezing up and I suspect that may have something to do with it.

The nonalcoholic me has been paying attention and I backed up all my photos and downloaded all the texts (sentimental value lol) over the past few days.

In the process of deleting all the texts today after downloading, my phone really went wonky...... Dark screen, couldn't turn it on or off, etc.

The alcoholic me took my karambit to the back of the case to pop out the battery and shattered the entire thing. I got so caught up in it I was basically carving the back out of my phone. Once it started shattering I said eff it and went to town bc I wanted to see the battery.. For no reason except I was halfway there. I already knew I had rendered the phone into a piece of garbage. Overzealous and needing instant gratification, even through destruction. Replace the phone with a bottle of Jameson and my behavior used to be extremely similar.

A karambit is a filipino fighting knife with a crazy sharp curved edge. I find it very useful for work. I open a lot of boxes. It is very obviously not something you want to stick into your electronics.

I guess I am 50% improved bc during active addiction I never would have thought to back up photos and texts.

So there's that.

Tmro I go phone shopping.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Next part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2-pt-2-a.html

D