Notices

Look up weekender thread October 2

Old 10-04-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

looks like sleeping in is becoming a habit - it goes along with staying up late.

put eye roast in crockpot, turned on the dishwasher, had one sip of coffee...

waiting for the queen to arise - then a hike, and listen to football on the radio again. It's actually not bad and you do other things while the game is on.
Aaron Rodgers is on a tear MLD... Congrats on 10 months!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sorry...missed that Della and mex are feeling poorly too. Y'all get well soon!

Sao....I have no idea what any of that means but I hope things go smoothly today at the garage!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Wake up people!
Trying, Della, trying.

My day looks to be a quiet one. It may be like yours, Trees.

It's another crisp autumn day so am now deciding whether to hit the farmers market or go watch the first runners come along a lovely boulevard in the marathon here. I suspect the farmers market shall prevail as watching people who can run 26 miles makes me feel physiologically inferior.

Sao, I think your project sounds fascinating. My father did something similar when I was younger, though his "mistress" was a 1930 (I think that's the year) Model A. A lot of people remembered that warmly at his memorial service. Will you be able to tool around the British countryside when it's finished?

Best to all on this Sunday. Isn't it fantastic to awaken with clear heads and healthier bodies?! We've come to make good choices in our lives and I think we're fortunate to have one another.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well said venecia! Waking up sober never gets old!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

SAO -I am reminded that every time I see an MGB on the road I want one. I had two, my first car. When I went in the navy my dad made me sell them...
When I get my dream place - a small property with a small house and big garage and workshop with many garage doors, I would like to get my hands on an MGA... yeah not high performance cars. But I did see an MGB a guy did and he put a mustang engine in it. WHOAH!
It was always a treat adjusting the carburetors on those things. And hoping the gas pump didn't quit going up a hill... I kept a small hammer handy for just such an emergency.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Am I sick??
Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! I thought I just missed it somehow, Della and wanted to wish you well!

Glad you're ok sister!!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Despite being made for 21 years MGBs are just getting rare enough to attract good money - £20K for a mint one. Rubber bumper models much less ( easy to convert to chrome).
LBrain is right, they are usually in need of a bit of "fettling" Nice in the summer, probably not great for Philadelpia winters

Venecia - I am hoping to have it ready for next spring (maybe take it to Le Mans in June) I won't be able to keep it long as I need to pay back all the money I borrowed but I do intend to have some fun in it

Della that was me wishing you to get better when you were not actually sick. Eye test needed lol!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20151004_162310.jpg (22.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 10-04-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

It's all good! I will take well wishes anytime!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey Ho!

Back from my errands. Saw a guy stuffing things in his pockets at the walmart. Proceeded to try to find someone to alert. I did tell a cashier. He did nothing. Literally nothing. Then took another look at the guy and felt quite sad for him. I did not push it.

Off to have tacos at the new mexican place down the road. I am walking there Olive!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Be well, Della Bo Bella! Happy Sunday Sober Enders! My favorite Sunday morning show overwritten by American football being played in England. I though the English did not care for American football. Lazy day here. Building some shelves, maybe a walk with the pup, well I guess definitely a walk with the pup...can't let Weasel out step me. Laundry. Wishing for a rainy day, but sun and blue sky yet again. At least it is not 80 anymore.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It was a big deal in the 1980s Olive (free to air every weekend). Because it isn't on terrestrial any more (except for today's match) it doesn't get enough traction

Baseball used to be really big in England between the wars - Great Britain won the inaugural amateur World Series in 1938.

The one sport that really ought to take off is basketball - I mean it's played indoors, ideal for rainy old UK
Old 10-04-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Wow, Olive. You don't even like sunny days if it isn't hot? You must be a naturally manic person.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi Enders- I'm in!

"Chicken and Noodles" in the slow cooker on this chilly fall Sunday. Even my youngest son....so picky of an eater, will chow it down. To all of you picky eaters out there, I now believe you were born with a particular palate. I used to think it was 'created by the parents' until I was a mom of one who innately devours everything, and one who seems to exist by air alone.

So, that's my random thought for the day.

Enjoy your sober Sunday, everyone!
Old 10-04-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Morning! I slept in as well,
Going to head to yoga nidra, then take my plato book to the river with my fishing rod and hang out there.
Talk later!

Della: are you the one with bad dog? Or was that MLD? Or someone else?
I'm only asking because you mentioned dog treats in the oven, and it reminded me of a post in dec group that made me laugh really hard,about a bad dog someone had.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Picky eaters unite!! I can attest to being a naturally picky eater...no fault of my mom. So, you moms of picky eaters are off the hook. It has nothing to do with you're parenting abilities!

I don't like sunny days either, olive. I should move to London or Seattle.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Jen...I think it was Marty with the bad dog.
Have fun fishing!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Oh my dog is a douche. But I love him. He has eaten 4 couches.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I've eaten huge quantities of food, and now I'm waiting for my hair to dry. I am going to get out in this beautiful sunshine today.

Okay, here's the thing. I don't really want to spend a lot of time with anyone. I don't mind quick little catch-up conversations but I just try to keep them short and not too deep. I think I'm burned out on the whole friendship thing. Either I spend way too much time listening to other people complain, or they call me only when they need something. My last close friend became a prescription drug abuser and cheated on her husband of 25 years. 20 years into our friendship I had to tap out.

I dunno. Feeling a bit cynical and only-childish today. I'm not sad or depressed about it, just not feeling the need to have close friends any more.

I could talk about my cats some more. Oh. No. I've become the cat lady. Wait. I became the cat lady 15 years ago. I'm good with it.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Wow, Olive. You don't even like sunny days if it isn't hot? You must be a naturally manic person.
It is quite possible that I am part vampire.
Just sayin'.