Notices

Evolution revolution weekender thread Sept 18th until...

Old 09-18-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go KeyofC
Old 09-18-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Congrats to everyone celebrating milestones today!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning glorious sober weekenders!
Old 09-18-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mesa! That's terrific!

I may try chiropractic this weekend, MLD.

Mecanix, how is work going so far? Squishing programs doesn't sound fun. At least it's Friday.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Way to go KeyofC
Thank you friend!! ((Hug))
Old 09-18-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Ken you're getting up at 3 am for their meeting then having to listen to whining ?

I'd schedule the meeting for 8 or 9am your time so it's 2 pm or 3 pm here , you'll find those who whine will " get daggers" from the others at the table as they will all want the meeting to be as brief as possible on a friday afternoon .

Trans-atlantic meeting are best held when both parties are alert and awake, i'd argue you'd do a better job of it in your normal working hours when there is some overlap time zone wise with europe as long as everyone is prompt and business like .
Why are they setting the agenda ? you are the expert

m
Old 09-18-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ruby ,
Managed to do what was required at two different sites near "The crook o' lune" , then had to get my skates on to do the job i was scheduled to do , rather than the jobs i wasn't

All done and home just before 5pm here

Hope the shotgun schedule is working , hows your back doing ? eating plenty of calcium for your bones ? swimming, hydrotherapy or a massage ?

hmmm ..
Mex-m8 is out and about somewhere , I believe british style fish and chips will be on the menu tonight , from t' chippy up road

m
Old 09-18-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I have to giggle at those of you who can have fleece sheets. You obviously don't have animals.

Fleece = fur magnet. No way to get that guano off unless it's inch by inch.

I just had breakfast and my goal today is to only spend money on lettuce. Simple goals, simple life. I don't need anything else. Only lettuce.

I'm pretty grateful that there is nothing else on my wish list this morning. I do have to take back a cheap headlamp that the batteries won't fit in. First time I've run into that problem. I'll bite the bullet and buy a good one, but not today because lettuce. Lesson learned.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Good tip Mex!

I am increasingly finding all meetings in my industry to be a waste of energy. I have trouble staying awake in them now, regardless of time. I try to avoid them as much as possible, unless I really have to.

Nearly home time for me. A band that I really like are playing on Sunday night. They are also playing in my home town on Saturday night, but I decided to give it a miss. Too many people that are connected to my intoxicated past would be there. I have texted a friend I have not seen in ages and he will be at the gig also. He's a really cool dude and won't be pressuring me being sans alcohol. I am a little worried about bumping into others that I have inevitably offended at some stage, but I need to start facing up to being more social. I am a content recluse now.

B
Old 09-18-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Being a content recluse isn't such a bad thing, Behan. I'm pretty reclusive myself. It sounds as if you're pushing things in the right way at the right speed. When the baby comes, you will be a recluse and not by choice so that's the time to prepare for. When you get squirrelly being stuck at home with little sleep.

Mecanix, it sounds like you've had a good day and fish and chips, with malt vinegar (my personal choice) sounds lovely. I've not been taking calcium and suppose I should. And drink more water. Gentle stretching has been working so I'll keep that up.

I'm debating on attending a meeting this evening. I'd have to ask my mom to watch the kids. I have to find a sitter. Seem rarer than hen's teeth by me in my area.

But now I'm getting lunch. Chili. I have to work on eating what I cook.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good point about the dog hair and fleece, biminiblue.
Mecanix. ..fish and chips sounds great. ...I could go for a big plate right now.
I'm having a mellow morning at work. Feel like staying in bed all weekend. I am pooped. But to tell you the truth, I'm tired no matter how much I rest. So I might as well not give in to it. And...I did walk the dogs, change my sheets and do 2 loads of laundry, vacuum and mop floors, clean my yard. All before getting to work by 9:30....no wonder I'm tired.
It's a beautiful fall day and I love weekends.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations KeyofC and MesaMan

3am EST is 9am in Amsterdam, seems dammed inconsiderate to me. I didn't even know there was a 3am

I hope your back doesn't play up over the weekend Ruby

One small ray of light Letitgo is that it doesn't look like interest rates are going up any time soon so maybe something can be done

Talking of rays of light - Headlamps (see what I did there). I sold a load of 'em today to an airline. Mechanics and ground crew love a good Headlamp

I reckon you will have a great time Behan. People forget these things over time

Rugby World Cup starts tonight (England Fiji) but Crazy Golf can't be missed
Old 09-18-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh I didn't think about cat hair vs fleece. Bummer. Fish and chips from the chippy - brings back memories of time I spent in Liverpool ages ago. Mushy peas, too. Good stuff. Ok UK people - my host mum used to make us cheese and onion butties. Try as I might, I cannot seem to re-create them here. There must be something missing. Any hints or recipes?
Old 09-18-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

***** has Int'l Home Webpages.

Navigate over to the U.K. Page version of *****, and search Recipes there. Totally different results, as I've seen on various Searches; mainly Travel...
Old 09-18-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hmm not sure MLD. C&O sarnies pretty popular. To grate or slice, that might be the question
Old 09-18-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening guys
Old 09-18-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Sao - they were definitely grated. But there was some sort of sauce or binder that evades me.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Salad cream, perhaps? I'm seeing some mention of it on the internets. Not sure where I could get it. Not something we have in the US.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well, he really is coming home Tuesday. Makes me feel anxious and irritated. Must be a sign that Id rather not be with him. Blah. Maybe he'll have one of those rehab romances and won't want to come home ha! I'm grouchy today.

In other news, I had a box of chocolate covered fruit delivered for my sister in laws bday and she said the fruit was bad?!?! You'd think if fruit was all you did (edible arrangements) it would at least be fresh! Shoddy.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope you find it, Mld. I have no idea what it is but anything with cheese and onion sounds delish!