Notices

Evolution revolution weekender thread Sept 18th until...

Old 09-17-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm in!

LBrain! I'm so glad you posted Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution! It's the first thing I thought of when I read Weasel's opening post!

It's SOOOOOOO trippy!

I'm definitely in for an evolution revolution. I'm looking at you housecleaning and exercise! Those are two areas I don't care for at all and it shows. Our house is messy and I think exercise would help me feel more energetic.

I'm looking forward to joining you all on this weekend together!
Old 09-17-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Ccam, my daughter is 7 too. Son just turned 10. I think they like fighting. But the woman who picks them up and watches them after school says they get along and love each other so much. When they aren't home. You're lucky to have more than one bathroom. We've got one. It's going to be more scheduling when they get older.
Ruby, that's too funny. My son is also 10 and to the outside world, they are angels that get along 24/7... But I know the truth!!
Old 09-17-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Living deliberately has been my revolutionary act over the past several months and I'm hoping it just becomes something I do naturally over time with enough practice!

Looking forward to this weekend. Might be the last one before my guy comes home. Insurance will only pay through next Tuesday. Trying to work something out though.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

How are you doing Brynn? Have you been visiting him? It's a big transition when he gets out
Old 09-17-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

What's everyone having for dinner tonight

Ours is homemade fried chicken
Old 09-17-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Looks like I will be manning the fort alone tonight so I will be having leftovers..homemade meatloaf that I made last night...yum!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm in
Old 09-17-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Veg curry for me tonight Soberwolf

Great opener Weasel - you have given me something to think about

Sorry about your back and your children Ruby but the calender is a good idea. After age 11 our 2 preferred to walk with their friends, it was only a five minute walk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150917_190816.jpg (25.2 KB, 67 views)
Old 09-17-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Count me in Ken!!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Great theme Ken. I'm definitely in. Thought I had a chance at shotgun this morning... even got up early and everything!

One of the most important reasons I quit drinking was so I could live a better tomorrow. That's why I stay sober too. Not only do I deserve it, but I brought two wonderful kids into this world. They shouldn't have to pay for the poor choices I make while they are in my life. I make plenty of unconscious mistakes just being me... that's life. I choose to live differently today than I did, I choose to be sober so that I can live life on my terms.

Fall and football are in the air. Hope everyone has a great sober weekend.
Oustanding post here also and Ditto.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh Trees -seeing sports fan Purpleknight' post reminded me - I saw the All Blacks coach parked outside the Tower Hotel during the week, some sort of media 'thing' I guess

Bookies make them favourites
Old 09-17-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha I like the de-volving drawing, Sao!

Ruby...I've visited him a handful of times. This might sound strange but I want to keep our individual recoveries separate. My journey is very personal to me and I want to keep it that way.
Anyway....I'm trying to keep an open mind but I do know things will definitely be different and our relationship will change. We've never been sober together before. And honestly, the biggest draw to him in the first place was that he didn't get on to me about how much I drank. He drank like I did. We were probably the only people who could stand each other at the time!

Fried chicken makes me think of fried okra. Think I'll go get some at chicken express. And some of their homemade rolls....And maybe some fried pickles.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Went out to get petrol (gasoline), there was a group of girls out on a hen night "pre loading" Talk about skimpy clothing, it's not even a very warm evening. Normally I would have posted a picture of Terry Thomas saying "ding dong!" but I did that a couple of days ago so i don't want you thinking that i'm turning into a dirty old man.

More importanly they are going to be drunk in an hour or so - they seem pretty clued up kind of girls and will probably enjoy themselves but I worry about nutters. I suppose that's the dadster in me
Old 09-17-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm reading about that kid in Texas who built the clock - amazing

I'm feeling a bit better today. I went to visit my uncle and for a cup of coffee. There have been a couple of days when I didn't leave the house because I was doing housework and things, and I felt terrible. Even if I just get out to go for a walk, I feel better.

I took this picture today. I like their glowing eyes
Attached Images
Old 09-17-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm at the office. Day at work, winding down.

Brynn, I definitely keep my recovery, such as it is, separate from my husband's. He hasn't managed to stay sober longer than two weeks since last year. What works for me may not work for him, and vice versa. I think you're wise to keep it separate.

Sao, it's nice that you keep a protective eye on the young ladies. Hopefully one of them stays sober. I was reading an online news article about a 20 year old charged with rape in two separate incidents at a college. In both cases everyone involved had been drinking way too much alcohol.

So much of the stupidity I've read about lately involves alcohol. We are our own worst enemy if we continue drinking. Nothing good comes of it.

However, I did hear about a new dating app called SIZZL
Old 09-17-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Nice cat picture Tetra. I like their eyes too.

And as I hit the wrong button and posted the reply before I was ready, I was just telling you all about SIZZL. Oscar Mayer (an American meat and cold cut producer) has introduced SIZZL, the dating app for BACON LOVERS. So, there's someone for everyone. And someone had to mention bacon. We've been kind of lax on the bacon lately here.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I do believe its new bedding season. Fresh crisp sheets. Perhaps flannel sheets this winter. Hmmmmm

On another note my boss referred to me as a chef today. He wanted to draw the difference between my work and some one else's so he referred to them as a line cook. Silly analogy but I will take it.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Weas is sizzling. Good for you!
Old 09-17-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good man K!!!

I wonder is there a veggie version of that sizzl dating ap?

Oh my brain is too fried to think of a funny pun to add to that sentence!

Speaking of bacon, I was lazy this evening so picked up some frozen ready meals on the way home. Yuck!

In other news, I also bought a new microwave and steam iron. Have not owned a microwave for years. Think it might come in handy when junior arrives.

B
Old 09-17-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Do your best

Veg curry sounds lovely Sao