Notices

Evolution revolution weekender thread Sept 18th until...

Old 09-18-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!

I was supposed to be up at 3 today to sign on to the call with Amsterdam. Blah. I passed on it. This will be the last pass I can make on these meetings. Soon I must attend. Blah.

Ok... Let's head in.

Short day. See you all later.

New French place tonight for dinner. A James beard award winner. Let's see!
Old 09-18-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Friday. I think this cup of coffee will help me evolve a bit, but gotta put it in a go cup.....gym time.

Have a great day.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning....Mex you lost me at code lol. Weasel why do you think you didn't get up for the call? Doesn't sound like you....
Old 09-18-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning revolutioners!!

Great topic. I am going take some actions to fix some issues i am having. My condo tax wise appraised at about 1/3 of what we paid for it. It went down 24% of the appraised value from last year. I called my accountant to see what my options are. Short sale or attempt to get a loan modification. I live in IL and we bought right before the economy tanked. So many people have just forclosed. So I will start writing the bank letters to hopefully lower the loan amount or short sale. I really hate to walk away but we havd just outgrown the condo. Now i have 2 kids sharing a room. I am grateful we have a house but its depressing knowing we could have at least have a 3 bedroom with a backyard. I feel trapped psycholgically. Its not a good feeling. But i am going to take action an explore my options.

Also back to work today. Its always good to go back on a Friday. No matter how it goes you get weekend off Sorry to unload all that nons quote is right on.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Letitgo I work for a housing agency and we do counseling for this kind of thing. Try and find some sort of not for profit agency to advocate for you. Sometimes they make the paperwork impossible for the average home owner to complete correctly. Sometimes even legal assistance has programs for this type of thing. HUD is a good resource for information.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Love the theme. Count me in!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Letitgo, good luck with your research and work on your mortgage. It's frustrating, I'm sure. But doable.

Weas,three a.m. is awfully early for meetings but I suppose with the time difference it's necessary.

Friday. Yay! Housework tomorrow. Fun on Sunday. I've been stretching so my back pain is resolving. I just have to be mindful.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info Delia. I think i make to much for hamp but its worth investgating.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Ruby - any way you can get to a chiropractor? Or get a really good massage? Or even acupuncture? Any or all of those could really help. I've done acupuncture for an old whiplash injury that flares up sometimes and it's amazing.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Two days in a row for me! Up early today and I actually slept all night. Could be the "NEW PILLOWS" (think Don Pardo) I got from costco. Stuffed them inside the fleece sheets. I was battling with my old pillows to make them comfy. They're on the curb this morning

Congrats on the trout MM - don't get too fancy with em, just cook em and "flavor" them after they're cooked. Of just a dusting of lemon pepper jazz.

Being a hunter myself, I stay out of the woods during hunting gun season. It's like being in Vietnam during the "conflict". Bullets flying from who knows where.
Lots to do, My sale is tomorrow and I have stuff everywhere. I did a quick calc and easily have over 500 worth of goods priced. Hopefully these bozos understand that a brand new tool is not going for fifty cents. I'll throw it in the river before I let some clown buy it for fifty cents if it's worth 10 dollars. I did my research. I'll need to make several trips to get it all there. And hopefully less to bring it back - some things may be abandoned. I figure if you leave it behind at a community sale it isn't littering... Or the last hour, "Everything in this box for a dollar" cry. My sale was pre-empted by another sale being held by the township. So I joined them and have a "place" reserved. Lady asked me how many "spaces" do I need. I said, "Define a space." She just shrugged. So I paid my 15 bucks for a space assuming my space will be 600 square feet. They didn't say so I can only assume.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

As Ed Sullivan would say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Beatles!"
Old 09-18-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone raining hard all morning : (
Old 09-18-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Has anyone ever asked what's the Dealio Della? Glad you came out of your funk.
Ruby - meditation, I'm not allowed to go to chiropractors. Since I had three fractured vertebrae they won't touch me. Maybe there is a 12 step thing for bad backs?

Here's one for Delia, Della, Del(eye)la...

Yes, I AM the world's most uninteresting man. And when I want to drink, I reach for a cold refreshing ice tea.
Stay sober my friends.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I was born in 68 and my mom loves Tom Jones
Old 09-18-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!

I never realized what a dark song Delilah was until I just listened to it.

If it was me I'd just say "what a lucky guy" and go on my way...

p.s., When I was "growing up" there was a lady 'down the street' who went to TJ show and he used her handkerchief to wipe off his sweat. I think she had it framed!

Last edited by LBrain; 09-18-2015 at 05:15 AM. Reason: p.s.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Good morning....Mex you lost me at code lol. Weasel why do you think you didn't get up for the call? Doesn't sound like you....
Ha ha Della... No it doesn't. But I just did not want to go. It's what is called a retrospective. The team talks about what worked well, what didn't and what to do new. I did not want to hear all the whining.

Next time I will go. Still new and know what I can cheat with.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy Friday

Good morning. Enjoying my cuppa, reading and letting my dogs in and out of the house...over and over. 8am yoga! Then getting my hair done. Love that. Have a great day.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I really enjoyed that monkey music video from yesterday lmao. I grew up in the 80s and my parents played the beattles all the time. Their music will never die.

Music is somewhat generational i guess. I remember in high school being really into the doors and pink floyd kind of that rebellious 60/70s era that was still embraced.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well it's all over SR today is my 60 days! I do apologize because I am a bit "in your face" and sometimes a little hard to swallow..I've always had the mind set to "do it big or go home"! Lol I don't see this changing!
I am headed to SC with my favorite truck driver (husband). He has to work so I am tagging along to keep him company. Have a great weekend and I'll holla when I can! ((Hug))
Old 09-18-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Given that their name stood for 'De-Evolution', I'd say Devo fits into the Theme this Weekend somehow. To be determined...

For all of us who've had to figger out how to turn down that Drink [and assumed fun], or have been asked 'why can't you have just one, and be fun', this Song Title struck me as germane.

- 'Through Being Cool' ~ Devo -

When I was in Wales, I looked up something in a small Mining Town Phone Book I'd gone to visit. Had a giggle at all the 'Jones' Listings. There's pages and pages of them. They have to get down to middle names and addresses, since there's so many duplicate 'Jones'. One assumes it's a popular name! Kinda like 'Singh' in India.

Lovin' this waking up rested feelin', and ready to tackle Phase 1 of DSL/Phone Line Installation later this morning. After that, we'll just roll with it. Mebbe a Dog Biscuit run, and Recycling drop-off. There is no Weekend in Retirement. Only forgetting what day it even is...

20 months in today for me. Glad I didn't drink myself to death; given the trajectory I was on. Retirement doesn't suck...
Old 09-18-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning... already on page 5 of this thread... I am 100% in for a sober weekend... no desire to have it any other way.

Have a Fabulous, Fun, Fantastic Friday Friends. :-)