Notices

Let's share Weekender Sept 11 until...

Old 09-13-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Checking in this Spectacular Sober Sunday afternoon.

Having a wonderful weekend - getting a lot of work done that has been put on the back burner... finally I have the desire to get stuff done.

Hope everyone else is doing great this weekend... and that the same about of people that boarded the bus... arrived safely Monday morning.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Is it just my extended family that are a bunch of nutcases or does everyone's behave this way? These days I try to stay positive and upbeat and I find that it is suiting me, so the word I use to describe my mother's sisters is " quirky". Make of that what you will...

Three of my aunts live together. It was my Grandmothers house but since she passed away about 7 weeks ago, it is just very cold. Myself and my dad and sister called in to see them today. What we didn't expect was to be turned upon, criticising my mother. Look, my mother has her faults and she has treated me cruelly in the past but I recognise that she is suffering from depression or something and I will defend her to the end.

My mother can be extremely generous and she has been very good towards her sisters in the past.

One of them said that if my mother is depressed she should go to a doctor. As if it's that easy. I spend years trying to crawl out of that black hole and sometimes I am glad about it because I feel that it has given me a new understanding of others.

The absolute cheek of those hags. I'm still raging. My dad was also annoyed. But he said to me after to let it go. Clearly it is "transference"
Old 09-13-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Pizza and football come on bears!! Have a great Sunday/Monday!!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Half way through making my corned beef. Another hour or so I can add the veggies. Small Yukon gold taters, carrots and cabbage. Way too much for for me so I will prepare some plates and deliver them to some folks who can use them. The rest will be for me.

think I will run out and get some corse mustard to make sandwiches this week. Yum!

Hang in there tetra. Let the insanity roll past you not over you.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

OK back already... I will admit. I ran out to the store so that I could come back into the apartment with the smells of my cooking. LOL ahhhhhhhhhhh........

Hey Trach... how was the vacation??? Have fun?
Old 09-13-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! I admire your honesty Ken
Old 09-13-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Weasel, it was a blast. I played like a child and played like a grownup. Ate seafood twice a day. Cooked like a chef, ate like a champ.

And you, delivering plates...how nice is that?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bim i'm too craven to ride a pushbike in London, hats off to those that do

At the moment Ken I am just getting everything prepared to install so it looks no different from the last photo I posted. Will definitely post as soon as there is anything to see.

Brynn, I am hoping to finish it before Easter next year so I will have it for a while before the auction season. Your quite right I won't want to part with it but I will owe a fair bit by then so I will have to let it go

Tetra, as P J Wodehouse once said Aunts aren't Gentlemen
Old 09-13-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Bim..

That linked Dog Vid is totally an upper. Dog is alive and well. Feted in NYC at a swank Hotel for past Service. Nuffin' but good!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Zen, my yellow lab is suffering from the same neurosis! Installed new wood floors in April that are actually less slippery than the old ones. Dog had no issues with it until we returned from the cabin one weekend in July. Would not willingly enter the house at all, and w hen we finally leashed him and pulled him in, he acted as if the floor were hot lava. The flooring goes all the way down the hall to both entry doors so there's no getting in without walking on them. During the week he'd get better, then we'd go to the cabin again and come home to the same problem. Got some meds from the vet after about six weeks of this and they helped a little. So the main reason I stayed home this weekend was to try to get some more time down hoping he'll forget his anxiety. I hope your pup gets over it more quickly!
Old 09-13-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Okay Mesa, I'll take your word for it

BernieE, there's a whole episode about shiny floors in my DogWhisperer DVD series. He just kept a leash on the dog and confidently kept walking onto the offending floor until the dog wasn't scared anymore. It took a lot of repetition and not allowing the dog to quit. Then several more walks on the floor after the dog did it in a tentative way. Eventually the dog became confident. Season 1 Episode 1.

Here's the episode:

Old 09-13-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Ken for another fab weekender thread

I'm having an early night goodnight everybody
Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Bim - I knew there was a tv show in this dog therapy thingy
Old 09-13-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Did I just kill the thread?

Hey ho, yesterday I mentioned Keith Richards bentley Blue Lena was up for sale at auction, well it fetched £763,100.

My Lancia is rarer and much prettier - it's not fair!
Old 09-13-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

This laundry day thing is really boring. How many hours can I spend on SR? It reminds me of the first couple months.

I'm out for a while. Finally. Last load is dry.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, all.
Found enough Tara Labs speaker cable
to test out my new (old)
Conrad-Johnson MV52.
4 x EL 34's.
Nothing like tubes. Heat and midrange galore.
Great bass, once they fire up. Rolled off highs? Nope.
Playing Maiden, "Wasted Years". Somewhere in Time., cd.
Sounds depressing but it's not.
I want to crank it and open all the windows in my house.
Next month.
Still hot here.
Look out neighbours.
"Take my hand, I'll take you to the promised land".
Wish you all a nice Sunday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IM091315Aa.JPG (77.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 09-13-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Lunar...I love LOVE Iron Maiden! I was just looking for something to listen to while I cook! Perfect! If you've never heard them do Metallica's Sandman then you're missing something! (They totally outdo Metallica on it).

How much is that in US dollars, Sao?

Glad the end of laundry day is in sight, bim!
Old 09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Sorry if this cd cover offends anyone.
They are a truly great band.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
220.jpg (67.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-13-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hey team.... Getting ready to watch a Dateline NBC... Love the creepy Keith Morrison voice. Anyone else love it?

That should take me into beddy by time.

Hope you all made it safely and soberly to this point. I hope sharing was something you were able to do along with me.

Ready for a busy work week. I am a creature of habit. And when work is not something easy for me I get stressed. And things are a bit challenging at the moment. Not the tasks but the people. Oh well. Such is life!

Remember to smile!

See you all in the morning!

Ken
Old 09-13-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Greetings Sober Enders!!!
Been busy today for a lazy Sunday. Hair cut and a little shopping. Now I have to finish my laundry.
My dog won't go into the upstairs bathroom. No idea why. Never has, not even as a small one.
I also think he has developed early onset dementia. The last two days he has sat and whined at me like I forgot to feed him his breakfast or dinner about an hour after he ate. It was so intense last night, that I thought maybe I was the one with the early onset dementia, maybe I really did forget to feed him.
Or maybe he has devised a plan so that I will think I am losing my memory so that I will break down and feed him again. He is much smarter than me after all.