View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Tetra

Is it just my extended family that are a bunch of nutcases or does everyone's behave this way? These days I try to stay positive and upbeat and I find that it is suiting me, so the word I use to describe my mother's sisters is " quirky". Make of that what you will...

Three of my aunts live together. It was my Grandmothers house but since she passed away about 7 weeks ago, it is just very cold. Myself and my dad and sister called in to see them today. What we didn't expect was to be turned upon, criticising my mother. Look, my mother has her faults and she has treated me cruelly in the past but I recognise that she is suffering from depression or something and I will defend her to the end.

My mother can be extremely generous and she has been very good towards her sisters in the past.

One of them said that if my mother is depressed she should go to a doctor. As if it's that easy. I spend years trying to crawl out of that black hole and sometimes I am glad about it because I feel that it has given me a new understanding of others.

The absolute cheek of those hags. I'm still raging. My dad was also annoyed. But he said to me after to let it go. Clearly it is "transference"