Notices

Forgive yourself Weekender Thread Aug. 28th until..

Old 08-30-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Staying the course with what you know is right.....can't go wrong with that K. At times in my professional past I've been too reluctant to get out of my comfort zone. Nothing bad happened, but I knew I wasn't living my potential. Like you said, you'll look back and know you were right. Doesn't mean it's easy, but the reward is there. (Same applies to pursuing sobriety right?)

I remember being surprised at the amount of traffic in Maine during a trip in July. I think everyone from Boston wanted to go where I was going.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Last night was my second sober Saturday night. My AV and I were chattering. She got fairly persistent. Eventually I said ' if I drink tonight, what am I choosing for myself? Answer? A life I don't want to live' . She quietened down after that. After some chores and a tasty meal, she was gone.

This morning, I finished painting a room, ready for a new carpet to be fitted tomorrow. I made soup and did all the laundry before 11am! This afternoon we are going as a family to a local festival. This is the life I want to live! Thanks for all your wisdom, which helped me see off my AV.

Carly
Old 08-30-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Some guy down the street has a big ol' Rolls of some sort. Not a common sight around here at all. Very eye catching, but I can't imagine where he gets it serviced.

Carly, I really enjoyed your post. Way to go!!!!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Staying the course with what you know is right.....can't go wrong with that K. At times in my professional past I've been too reluctant to get out of my comfort zone. Nothing bad happened, but I knew I wasn't living my potential. Like you said, you'll look back and know you were right. Doesn't mean it's easy, but the reward is there. (Same applies to pursuing sobriety right?)

I remember being surprised at the amount of traffic in Maine during a trip in July. I think everyone from Boston wanted to go where I was going.
Exactly Mark!!!

And yes. Just a simple drive on 295 and you need only look at the aggressive driving patterns and speed and you know they are out of staters. But we gladly take their money each season and send them back from once they came. Return our state to civility and quiet humbleness.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I'm late to the party!

Carly, that sounds like a really productive day! What soup did you make?

My plans for this Sunday are to clean my home. Nothing exciting! The dishwasher is broken and the washing machine is making worrying noises.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Great room Venecia I also have the same color walls!

Buck Cherry was awesome. I had taco salad and didn't eat the shell so I stayed low carb. Even though the people I went with had 2 foot long ( for real ) pizza fritte!
Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm heading to my usual 8 a.m. Sunday meeting, then church, but which one? It's causing me anxiety. How does one "break up" with a Church? The one is a dying congregation with almost no children. We could stay but I don't want my kids to have the experience of being the only young ones. Ah well.

My middle name is procrastination too mecanix but I think you do it to better results. I don't have a game plan in my head yet other than surviving the day. I'm spectacularly bad at long term goals and planning.

Behan, have fun on your trip. Sounds lovely.

Ken, you'll do fine. I think it's a cool opportunity to deal multi nationally.

Venecia, your room is cool. I do like the look.

Saoutchik, keep plugging away. It'll get better.

Time to get ready to go. I don't quite feel like going but I know it'll be good for me.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon friends
Old 08-30-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Lept outta Bed this morning, all Sober and rested-up. Took in the stellar Moon, which was what I did last night while sitting out in a cool Breeze. Moon Rise with a Halo around it was neato. Even if that was due to Fire Smoke from the N.W. States, unfortunately.

I could tell it was gonna be a nice Sunrise, so I took my strong Coffee up to the top Deck of our lil Guest Cabin while alternately checking out the setting Moon w/Binocs. The Breeze brought in the scent of the cut Alfalfa dampened by Farm Irrigation 'Pivots'. The big circular Watering Rigs that move on their own. Can't beat a Morning like this with a Stick. OK, well, I could do w/o the Allergies right now.-)

Man, Venecia, you got more Taste in your little Finger than I do in this entire, substantial Caucasian Carcass! Nice Room! That ain't your College Couch no mo. I finally did steel myself yesterday to tackle the rest of installing this massively-long Drape Rod in the Master BR. These 4 Sun-blocking Drape 'Panels' are so heavy, it took special Bolts through 5 Brackets to hold up this monster Rod. Keep this ~14' monster Rod level. Keep the minimal Drape 'reveal' above the Concrete Floor consistent. About all the calculations my Scotch-addled Brain could handle. But, it looks mahvelous [Billy Crystal Accent, here].

We gave away a nice Deco-style Couch to a Pal's Theater Group way back when. With a sly grin, she came into where we both worked, and handed me back the Roach Clip they'd found down below the Cushions. I had soldered up a Copper 'Alligator' Clip to a minute, circular piece of Copper Tubing. It had gained a lovely Patina over the years of our Wasted Youth. But, hey, that's the neat thing about Personal History: it's all behind us now.-)

My description of myself sometimes: 'Putting the 'Pro' back in Procrastination'!

This Sunrise spectacle just now made me recall this Song by The Orb. They took an old Joni Mitchell Interview about her Childhood, and laid down some Techno Tracks behind it.

- 'Little Fluffy Clouds' ~ The Orb -

Old 08-30-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

That picture is fantastic!
Old 08-30-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ha ha - then mine would be putting the crass in procrastination
Old 08-30-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Amazing pic Mesa

I have my teenaged helper with me today he was tasked with opening and cleaning up the gearbox (a horrible job I am only to happy to avoid) He has done a really good job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150830_143624.jpg (32.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-30-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Close up shows some damaged cogs - they will have to be replaced. Overall though

it is better than I expected
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150830_143759.jpg (27.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! ! Happy Happy Sunday.
Slow going around here this morning. ..nice mellow morning, drinking coffee and listening to Cat Stevens on Spotify. Not quite awake yet and no hurry.
amazing sunrise, mesa.
I'll be back later -
Old 08-30-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good sober morning all......I'm taking my Dad to a family brunch this morning. It will be a good get-my-mind-off-feeling sad for awhile. I HAVE to hit the grocery store.....I dislike the grocery store in part because I dislike cooking. Figuring out how to buy and cook for one person will be interesting to say the least. Even the little things like always asking my son what he needs/wants pops in to my head......reminds me so much of early sobriety. There are so many "firsts" when first sober. These are my "firsts" now that my son has moved to college.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

And the fun, entertaining post about how this man plans and god laughs vaporizes.

That's how my day's going.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

((Soberclover)) This is the first time I have lived alone in my entire life. Takes some getting used to but I am learning to enjoy it. Plus the house stays really clean!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Della ~

I'm sure any one of us Guyz could stop by and leave the Toilet Seat up if that makes you feel more at Home.

It's the least I could do. If I could do any less, I would!-)

I retrofitted them dampened, Auto-Lowering Toilet Seats here. Matrimonial Merriment thus prevails.

I was up before Dawn cleaning the Granite Countertops and Cooktop of the residual, Mussels-related detritus from Dinner last night. Just the way we roll 'round here...
Old 08-30-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mesa...that photo is frame worthy! Gorgeous!

Hi Nons!

Congrats Della staying no carb at the fair! I didn't know it was possible!

My cousins sugar daddy bought him a Rolls a few years ago. Lucky!

I have no plans today except updating my resume, ugh! I dread stuff like that.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Js!! long time no see!!