Notices

Forgive yourself Weekender Thread Aug. 28th until..

Old 08-29-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I am decoupaging fabric onto furniture. I found a small table and window valance to practice with before I waste the Waverly fabric I ordered for an antique cedar chest. I have been known to fail so I have learned to practice! I am going to Google that site!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been enjoying learning more and more about marketing my business on G+, Twitter, Pintrest, FB business pages and LinkedIn. Social media networking is always moving forward with new ideas to learn to increase your business exposure. I really LOVE it... and it really has been working. I get so involve in this now that my brain is focused.

I had so many regrets when thinking back to wasting days and days by drinking or being sick from drinking when I could have spend the days doing more productive or body and mind helping stuff. I just try to focus on today and that is a WHOLE lot of great stuff going on.

Another thing I really regret is spending money on drinking poison... it was just stupid of me. I regret relapsing after 7 years and after 5 years but at the same time I have learned SO much from my sober time and know that I do have a choice to drink or not... and I choose not to drink. I really don't want to have any more regrets... the past has got me to this point and I really love working on my body and mind to make me feel better. Being in a sober World never gets old, there are just so many positives about it.

By writing down what i am grateful for each morning and evening and making sure it is authentic has really help with forgiveness and regrets.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Weekend.

Chat later!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

so I looked up pintarest... is this that stupid pop up I see a lot of places that sez pin it? Anywho, wiki or whatever tells me I can browse the site without joining - WRONG. So I didn't browse the site.

But I suppose I should relax my standards for internet usage if I wish to make some dollars using it eh?
So much to do and I just want to hang out at the lake - in my mind anyway.

Della, whip me up a batch of scarecrows to sell...

Mecanix Mr Magoo cartoon about paws... I do recall driving down the road and driving by my intended destination a lot during that period - just kind of day dreaming or something... and yes, I definitely had vision problems after I sobered up. They never got better

As I was researching a Duane Allman album I acquired, I came across this little number. Boz Scaggs used the Mussel Shoals folks for this album and the back story behind this recording is pretty cool. They had about an hour of time left, did a quick go over and then... 'Lone Me A Dime' was recorded. Duane sat on the toilet tank in the studio - cause they all couldn't fit - and plugged his les paul into a small fender amp, this whole song was recorded "live" in the studio. Always loved his voice, especially on the early Steve Miller albums.

Enjoy your day. Being sober brings a whole new appreciation to living. Even the simplest of things become so much more enjoyable.
Rock On!
Old 08-29-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

please indulge me while I share what kind of mood I'm in...

Old 08-29-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Tonight Buck Cherry next week Steve Miller Band.....I am doing so much more sober than I ever did drinking. Scarecrows will be next on my list Brain. Just for you.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

My water walk this morning was refreshing. A far cry from mornings of my not to distant past. A blessing!

Special picture for SoberWolf. There is a sculpture exhibit on the waterfront.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Good morning! there is nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning feeling good. ..Sans hangover and all the guano that goes with it.
della....I'm doing so much more since I stopped drinking also. I am actually doing really FUN things rather than staying home in isolation. I am no longer a social recluse and it feels great.
Ok...dogs are getting impatient for a walk. I already pureed a load of tomatoes and have spaghetti sause in the crockpot.
Life is good.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Nice photos, Ken!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ken...that sculpture looks so lifelike!! Wow!

HAF......I still get a little giddy when I wake up and realize that yes....I am indeed still sober and no...I don't have to worry about what I said or did last night!

Overcast this morning....a nice change for us. Getting a new washer and dryer delivered today! Yay! I'll finally be able to wash comforters here instead of paying a small fortune at the dry cleaners!!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

My "little" cousin's food plot.
Tenderloin, here we come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
foodplot1A.JPG (92.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Life is good, HaF. Sounds like everyone is busy already. I overslept today so daughter is missing gymnastics.

It was chilly and raining here when I woke. Rain stopped. I've got errands to run and a dental appointment this morning.

I'll have to look at decoupage projects on Pinterest to see what Della has in mind. I need to dust off my sewing machine to repair my bedspread. I remembered how to operate it. That's a step in the right direction.

My project space is in the basement. I have a hard time being down there still. I used to have the computer in the basement and would spend hours drinking and surfing the net. The computer isn't down there any longer but the association remains.

Ah, well. It may always be there. Time to roll on my errands and get ready for my day. Nice pics, Weas. The wolf thing is a little disconcerting to me. It looked real.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Brynn, be careful laundering comforters. That's how mine needs fixing. The batting inside bunched up in a ball and I had to open a seam, straighten it out and now have to close it and tack the batting in somehow. All because the washing machine kind of chews it up.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks Ruby...I will. My neighbor has the same model and I did a test run in hers.

And oh my!! Is that how they're making farmers these days?!?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wow thank you Ken they are beautiful pictures very life-like I thought they were real & I love the unpack thing wow thank you Ken
Old 08-29-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I am definitely putting myself on that farmer dating website!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Lol
Old 08-29-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Afternoon Weekenders!!

Was feeling pretty tired this morning, so decided to have a wee lie in for a few extra hours, all this travelling for work is catching up on me, it got me thinking how did I used to do this with all the drinking and hangovers? maybe it's old age creeping in!!

An afternoon of sport, English Premiership football on at the moment, Rugby is on the other side, Cricket on the next side, and I'm sure there's some golf on somewhere, the good news is the local ice hockey season kicks off next weekend, it's been a long wait since April!!

I can see today being a pot of green tea and sofa day for the rest of the evening, with a rummage in the kitchen a bit later on!!

Let's keep it Sober!!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

That's funny della...I was thinking of the farmers dating site too. I really love the farming lifestyle. I'm a farmer at heart.
Ruby, I'm glad to hear that you overslept this morning. I think you needed the rest. Have a great day. Dentist...not do great.
Off to do errands. Endless errands.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Trouble is I am a princess at heart not a farmer lolol
Old 08-29-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
...holds the key

But for a farmer like that I might be willing to give it a go!