Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend Aug21st until

Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I should have stayed home and should have spent the afternoon drinking fancy tea. I had a terrible afternoon at work. One thing after another went wrong. By the end of the day I wanted to crawl in a hole and cry. But I made it through it and I know that tomorrow will be better. It's just work. I actually shared a McDonald's vanilla cone with one of my beloved dogs. It made me feel better. She loved sharing with me.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((HAF))) I'm sorry you had a cruddy afternoon. Hope tomorrow's better for you.
Xoxo
Old 08-25-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Thanks brynn...
and Ruby....eat ice cream! It's not junk food. But...I do intend to try trach s concoction some time. Sounds great.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just finished a bowl of dark chocolate ice cream. I went for a five mile hike earlier - and probably undid my hike with the ice cream. Oh well.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hi all. I haven't tried the banana/almond milk concoction but it sounds awfully like Ben & Jerry's chunky monkey ice cream, which is my current favorite. Soon. Very soon.

Behan, good night! See you on hump day.

HaF, I'm sorry your afternoon was horrible. You're right that tomorrow is another day.

I went to visit my Dad. It was sad. I talked to my mom afterwards and she was a little weepy. She said they had a cry fest when the doctor told them there really isn't much more that they can do. Dad will put his name on the transplant list but he's 71. 72 is the oldest you can be. He's resigned but sad. Mostly about my grandfather. He wanted to outlive my grandfather. Gramps will be 95 next week and doesn't show much sign of slowing down. I always talk about how amazing he is bit selfishly don't talk to him all that often. Tonight, I called him. And I'll keep calling. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I'm going to sit and write a bit. I'm also going to fear less. Life's too dang short to put up with nonsense.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh Ruby!! I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you, your dad and mom, and the whole family. Just sent up a prayer for peace and comfort for all of you.
Xoxo
Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Thanks Brynn. I'm going to try to sleep. It's going to be an adjustment. I'm sober and that is something.

See you all in the morning.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Life is to short for any nonsense Ruby , life is too short to waste one more moment sick and hungover by my own hand .

We hurt because we love , you cannot have hurt without the love, the step before .
The love is worthwhile , the pain and the hurt are the price worth paying, i am truly alive and feeling .

Sleep well Ruby ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I'm sure the people near Atlanta are thanking me. I walked outside 24 hours ago and it was clear and cool with many stars visible. Something that wasn't there the entire time I was in town. My drive home was long pulling an overloaded trailer. But this jeep has amazing power. Gas mileage took a hit-16??? Lots of hills! Stopped for gas twice and took a long lunch break in VA. Then drove the last four hours home. Hit the morning rush hour above Charlotte, evening rush hour near Harrisburg... when I arrived home I went straight to the WC. Could OF filled a half gallon container :o Two five hour shifts in the driver seat and one last four hour trip drinking water and mountain dew the whole drive.
Had a dish of ice cream and fell asleep.
Today it will be unloading time. Not looking forward to it.
I'd like to say I'm happy to be home, but I just don't want to live here any more. Mrs was going to clean up 'office' - didn't happen. Looks like nothing was done here at all. I'm just gonna have to start firing **** into the trash.

have a good day.

Ruby, sorry to hear the news of your dad. I hope you will manage as best you can.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yes, thanks LB!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
We hurt because we love , you cannot have hurt without the love, the step before .
The love is worthwhile , the pain and the hurt are the price worth paying.
Thank you for saying this, Mecanix. This is lovely.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Good day weekend rogues and happy hump day,

Sending you positive vibes 'n hugs 'n best wishes Ruby at this difficult time.

B
Old 08-26-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, Ruby.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Lots of love Ruby!
Old 08-26-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hope you were able to get some sleep, Ruby.

Glad you made it home, Brain.

I'm having lunch with a friend who is going through some really tough stuff right now. It's one of those situations where the possibility of saying too much could lead to resentment and misunderstanding so I've got to really choose my words carefully. This person has lost several jobs, apts, friends, etc....because of drinking and is currently unemployed and is on the verge of eviction. I've made it clear that I can't help financially but will support however I can. I can't get sucked into another persons mess. I've known this person my whole life and it's hard to watch but I know I can't save them. Wish me luck.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Thanks Mecanix, for beautifully putting into perspective. Thanks everyone.

I managed some sleep but now have to run to get ready. Will catch up later. But first I have something I was waiting on vacation to share because I took the picture thursday
Old 08-26-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Happy hump day!!

Brain, glad you made it safely!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

I guess if you're a Dromedary, every day is Hump Day.

The Good News is the same as the Bad News: this is the most insightful thought I've had all week.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Haha Ruby! Apropos, to be sure.

Love that, Mesa. It's all in your perspective.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

looks like that nice weather followed me home. you're welcome Trachemys.

I would have gotten a lot more done sooner if the weather was like this the past week... not stifling hot and humid with torrential rains every day...
went back to sleep and got another four hour , just finished my oatmeal and finishing dish of cantaloupe I think is from our yard. Mrs was giving me garden updates every day when I was gone. I tried the salsa she made from our garden - awesome! I guess it's time to face the problem I brought home with me. Time to unload, inventory, photograph, list and try to sell this stuff!
Plus I gots to return that uhaul trailer.