Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend Aug21st until

Old 08-26-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

I was never big into literature and reading - but I somehow absorbed things over the years... This sponge is barely wet... Now that I've turned the corner and approach those waning years I shall give it my best to read all the classics. I never finished Moby Dick among others. I was too busy doing things rather than imagining them. True actually. Moby Dick is on my list...

Thanks for injecting a bit of ironic sense to the pages once again Mecanix.

A poem:

In Memoriam A. H. H. OBIIT MDCCCXXXIII: 27
By Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods:

I envy not the beast that takes
His license in the field of time,
Unfetter'd by the sense of crime,
To whom a conscience never wakes;

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth;
Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Beautiful, Brain. Thank you. I've never read that in it's entirety. Just the last bit.

Work. Blah. Brain, glad you have good weather to work. Take it easy, why doncha? Have a slothful day?
Old 08-26-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Everyday is sloth day for me, whether it's hump day or not!

Thanks for the perfect picture, Ruby!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi everybody!

Just checking in to say hi to all! This thread got me through some tough moments this weekend.

Thank you!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

I have enjoyed way too many slothful days of late. Trailer was returned. Now I have a garage full of stuff - not to be confused with the stuff that was already there. I think when I get the ball rolling and figure out a method to this selling 'stuff' on the internet things will start moving. In my head I have 20000 dollars worth of junk to sell. Translate that to 10K if I'm lucky.
But people are making a living selling junk. I just don't have a warehouse to store my junk... My wood shop is at another place when I decide to move...

So... it is a nice day. I still have a bunch of junk in the jeep. And ---- I have a lot of stuff!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I have a lot of stuff too Brain. At least you have the gumption to get it posted and sell it. Still no lunch break yet. Waiting.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

I have very little stuff. I think i have spent all my money on drink and holidays.

Should I be worried about my lack of stuff?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Noooooo!! Be very happy you don't have much stuff!! I'm living a nightmare right now buried in stuff. I'm thinking of setting fire to the place.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Oh, and once you have a kid, you'll have plenty of stuff. Trust me.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Ditto what MLD said. With kids comes exponentially more stuff. Be glad you don't have the clutter bug, Behan.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Don't set fire to it, MLD. Maybe Brain can help you sell it.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I really fell on my feet when I got this job. I have worked in several different places but I never met a group of people who get on so well together. Tonight, they brought me to Rouge (French restaurant) for my farewell dinner as they said I look French with my short hair, lipstick and striped shirts. They wouldn't let me contribute to the bill, and they gave me a gift of a voucher for 65 euros for this coffee shop/delicatessen in town as everyone knows I love a good cup of coffee!
I will cry on Friday, but at least I had an amazing nine months and I made some friends for life.

Also, they let me have the Cafe Gourmand for dessert!

(The milk didn't come with the dessert, I just thought the tiny bottle was so cute!)
Attached Images
Old 08-26-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Ha ha! Thanks for the lack of possessions soon to be inundated with baby stuff advice guys!

Glad you had nice dinner out with colleagues Tetra.

Just picked Mrs B up from town. She got a train to visit a friend, then bid goodbye to another friend at the airport. She's exhausted now.

Nice fire going now...Radio 6 music on in the back ground. Just had a magnum. All this ice cream talk here is getting me addicted!

No work for me tomorrow! Then I have a training thing on Friday. Then bank holiday weekend! Woo hoo! Dropping my sister and her partner to airport on friday eve- they are going to visit my brother in China. I have a little FOMO. But I'm cool with it. Feel content.

B
Old 08-26-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Wowz.... You all are charter boxes!!!! Nice!

I cannot believe that Thursday is tomorrow. I have hardly looked up. I am tired.

Cleaned up the apartment to I can make sure I continue to feel good when I am stressed at work. Need to feed the good thoughts.

See you all in the morning!!!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

that looks good tetra... you will find yourself in the company of good coworkers soon... just don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away...

I'm starting my new 'job' tomorrow. But I'm having a pre-sale right here! I have three - yes 3 - 6" vernier calipers for sale. 2 dial and one digital. The digital is a cheap one but the other two probably cost a few hundred bucks new. The dials are SAE, but the digital is either.

Who'll start the bidding? Oh I might as well let y'all in on a fluke model 87 - instruction booklet still sealed... or who wants a harley davidson shirt? I have a hundred! MLD, I know you are interested in a three foot diameter lighted xmas wreath. I also have every moody blues album I think, plus two copies of the woodstock album, led zeppelin, david bowie diamond dogs?
I can see this taking up a LOT of time.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Dayum!

That be some fine lookin' Frog Food, and a great Backstory with it. Great things await, Tetra. Your Good Karma ensures that. I was pretty haphazard when making some Life Decisions. In contrast with all the Corporate Book-Of-The-Month Tomes we were assigned to read in the Corporate World, I was gonna write my own Book re: how I made decisions that came out just fine: 'Slouching Toward Success'. As in, 'yah, I think I'll move to Boulder Colorado from L.A. with 2 other Hippies. I got nothin' else goin' on'... Like getting Sober. No looking back...

Which reminds me... We've been a tad remiss in the Bacon References here. BLTs were great as a late Lunch as some Rain Sprinkles move in. Misc. House Chores await me after Lunch.

Stopped by the local Rural Telecom Exchange on the way to the Dog Park. Had a Peer-level chat with a fellow Tech Dude. Looks like we can get decent speed 'Net Service if I trench in a Guano-load of Wire. As in ~1,300' from our Gate, and the existing Phone connection 'Box' there. The State will reimburse some of the $$ work as part of a Program to hook up Rural Households. So, a call to a Tractor-owning Acquaintance is next. Connection Speeds should be 'OK' once we hook up, due to Fiber Optic I watched get trenched in >2 Miles up at the corner. So few Customers out here, we won't bog down during 'The Homework Hour' at night when lotsa Users are on. There aren't lotsa Users to even get on out here. A 'Roku' Box streaming Video might even work after all. 3 different Wireless Internet Providers can't hit our House with adequate Signal. Vegetation in the way, blah, blah, blah...

Just bought me a DMM for my Trailer, LBrain. Otherwise, I might bag that Fluke Meter from ya. I gotta Log what the current Solar System on it is doing before I throw on more Solar Panels to bail Off-Grid away from Gals Camping next to me talking nonstop. As just happened...

That fine Food Pic reminds me of my High School French Classes. All the French some Guys needed to know when working huge Trade Shows in N'awlins with me is covered here by Patti Labelle...

- 'Lady Marmalade' ~ Patti LaBelle ~ Live

Old 08-26-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
saoutchik

How lovely Tetra

Ruby, a nerf gun full of hugs and best wishes to you

Late today, had to drive to Hull and back, exhausted now. They good payers though (a frozen food factory)

Think it was Samuel Johnson who wrote the road to Hull is paved with good intentions
Old 08-26-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Tetra, that looks and sounds delightful!

Brain, you're not going to believe this, but I, too, used to own a three-foot-diameter lighted Christmas wreath! I hung it off the deck so passersby could see it as they drove through the neighborhood!

My husband detested it and complained about it constantly--till one year it went "missing!"
Old 08-26-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Sorry, brain, I already have a perfectly good 2' Diameter lighted wreath. along with wayyyyyyyy tooooooo many other Christmas decorations. Hey, some of them might actually get put up this year. Past years I was too busy being depressed or drunk, or both.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Saoutchik Towers is too small for much stuff. I like to think I have less but nicer "stuff"

Always wanted a chaise-longue, no room