Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend Aug21st until

Old 08-26-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

funny, I had you in mind MM for the fluke,
mrs is awake and hungry... wait a minute,, she got home around four and took a nap, oh, so it looks like some venison and salad...

I am so ready to move into a condo or small ranch house...

yeah, a pipe dream, I'll be collecting tools and stuff until they roll me into the incinerator I believe...

and I still have the amstel lite inflatable golf bag I stole from a bar in atlanta about ten years ago... How many people can say they went bar hopping in atlanta carrying an inflatable golf bag on their shoulder... it seemed funny at the time...

I am so glad I don't drink any more. After spending more time in a bar this past week than I ever intended, it was good for the positive reinforcement as to why I no longer desire to drink. Same people day after day in the same seats... some okay but the majority definitely needed to find another hobby besides drinking...

well gotta start the grill...

see yuz later - and Della - I won't be awake to challenge you for shotgun tomorrow...
Old 08-26-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good night all..see ye for another mighty fine weekender thread brought to us by K and M and the number 3.

The road the hull....love it!

B
Old 08-26-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yes night all, although I have just drunk some fizzy pop, never a good idea at bedtime. I'm worn out by the drive but nevertheless a bit wired by it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150827_001700.jpg (32.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-26-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Speaking of bacon.....Thought of y'all this afternoon while driving....I got behind a work van and the name of the company was Bacon Plumbing. Their slogan: "Everybody Loves Bacon".
Old 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Great one, Sao ~

My prodigious and legendary Consumption notwithstanding, I've actually been on the Road to - or from - Hull.

On one Holiday, we hit every Transport Mode Known To Man. The Overnight Ferry - massive - from Rotterdam to Hull. Trains from there. A Cab from the Station to the Caravan Hire Joint just outside Glascow in Greenock. A Private Car at some point. The Caravan [Motorhome] onto the Ferry up to Orkney. A 'Puddle Jumper' Prop Plane to Islay. Another Ferry from Islay to Mainland Scotland. A Bus back up to Glascow. Jet Planes, or course, to/from The States. Some Bikes on Islay. We swung by the Mill where Yarn was spun for the Jacket that Robert Redford wore in 'A River Runs Through It'. Da Wife has this thang for him. This Redhead apparently has been an acceptable substitute. His loss...

A tie-in that Trip to this Site were some sad Memorials by the tiny Islay Airport. Drunks lie down on the warm Road at night, and get run over.

On the upside, the Ferry to Hull was fabulous. A Floating City, really. Great memories! Well, those I can recall.

- 'Take The Long Way Home' ~ Roger Hodgson [Supertramp] & Ringo Starr ~ Live -
Old 08-26-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

That's always been my runaway favorite Supertramp song!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Had a three foot wreath? I made from kudzu long ago. Woven with lights. My mother claimed it for her chimney outside. I made all my Christmas present money that year making wreaths.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

For our Fer_in Friends, here.

Kudzu...

- Kudzu -
Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I'm glad somebody found a constructive use for kudzu!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

You guys are reminding me that I need to go through closets, shed, and garage to get rid of unnecessary stuff that I have stashed away.
ruby, I love the hump photo. Very good.
Yeah...tomorrow is Thursday already. Wow.
today was good and productive...whew.
goodnight!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

HaF, I'm glad today was good and productive. Better than yesterday, I gather.

Brynn, love the Bacon logo. That's great.

I'm about ready for bed. Stayed up too late last night. Saw my dad today. He was discharged from the hospital. Has follow up appointments this week and next. My mother is cranky and tired. Too much worry for her.

I'll see you all tomorrow for the new edition.