Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend Aug21st until

Old 08-23-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItWillBeWorthIt View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Sending hugs Ruby... happy to hear you are going to a meeting.

Good luck on the repairs LBrain

Happy birthday to least and 1dayat a time.

Going to my parents on the farm today with my kids - should be a great day! They are SO supportive of my mental challenges.

Wishing all of you a Sober, Sunny, Super, Spectacular Saturday!
Thanks itwilbe but it's spelled "1dayaddatime"
Old 08-23-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Ken & everyone for another great weekender thread
Old 08-23-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I can't believe it's been 9 months since I started work. The time just flew by. I was living at my Grandmothers because her house is a ten minute walk to work. Three of my aunts live there too and they can be a bit crazy. I had offered Granny some money each week towards food and bills but she turned it down because I was her favourite grandchild. She told me to work hard and save my money but when I got paid I would buy a few things for the house: nice bread, delicious cheese, sometimes a cake. (My Grandmother was a big believer in working hard and saving.)

I remember my dad said nine months ago "if you can survive 9 months at your Granny's, you can survive anything"

I just reminded him of that and I said "I survived the 9 months so where is my prize" as a joke. He smiled at me and told me "your new self is the prize". My mom said "yes, you have changed a lot over these months and we are so proud of you".

When I think back on all the screaming fights we used to have, and all the tears I shed. These days when mom has one of her moods I just get up and leave the room.

She has told me she is proud of me a few times lately. She never said it before.

Here's to sobriety!

I miss Granny so much but I know she is looking down on me and taking care of me.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
He went!!!! He put a few shirts in a grocery bag (?), his boss picked him up and off they went! I asked why he didn't use a suitcase, he said if he looked homeless people wouldn't bother him or try and steal his stuff. Hmm...good thinking.

The main thing is he went! I get a reprieve for however long he stays!! I'll give myself a day to enjoy the peace and quiet then I'll get to work making some decisions.
Oh brynn..... Good for him. Better for you.

Breathe and see how you feel. There are no wrong choices. Just choices. Make what ever you do the best at this moment.

(((Brynn)))
Old 08-23-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hugs Brynn x

I feel like I woke up from living the wrong life.

I've only 5 more days of work. I'm was so shy and unsure of myself at the start. I'm going to miss my friends a lot.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone, i'm back and survived the bday party. I had fun and I'm pretty sure the kids did too. What's not to love about video games, bumper cars and cheap toys to buy with your prize tickets?

Enjoying peace and quiet. One more day of vacation before work. House still needs cleaning but it's a gorgeous day outside.

Hugs, Brynn! Enjoy the peace of mind. You deserve it.

My English relatives are flying out tomorrow. Chicago to Dublin for a layover and on to Heathrow. It was good spending time with family, being sober and having kid fun because we did pinball and bumper cars too.

Mr Ruby went with us. We're all relaxing now but I'm going to escape little Miss Ruby's constant chatter by going grocery shopping.

Have to plan a menu. Weas, butt sounds good with cole slaw but I'm the only one who would eat it. Picky eaters here. I'm glad the church experience went well. I went to a 10:30 meeting and that helped me out.

Hope you all are doing well.
See you later
Old 08-23-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Back home from the BBQ and happy to report that I did very well with Pellegrino and coffee. Big thank you to all of you for the support and helpful advice. Day 14 almost done! Looking forward to waking up sober on Monday morning.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Great news, brynn.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Here's the Sunset view from my cushy Campsite. About all the Amenities you'd want, and cost $9-/night with my Lifetime Geezer National Parks Pass that cost $10-. Instant Payback on that Pass Fee...

Lilac ~ This is a good ~80 Air Miles N.E. from Silverton CO.

Threw some Lures out to the Fishies in the ~20 mile-long Reservoir adjacent, but they had other thoughts. No worries. Really enjoyed the rugged Scenery. The 4 Pack of 40-something Gals adjacent talked so much all the time, it was good to escape this Site to where the Oxygen from them all talking nonstop was not depleted. And, to pass on the Wine & Pot-fueled Convos every night. The Good News: they slept in, so I could be up by a Campfire at 5:30 in blissful silence. This Scenario strengthened my Plan to install some Solar Panels & Controller in this new Trailer so we can go fully Off-Grid with no time limit. Motivation comes from unexpected places, yah?

Found a neato Trail up on State Land with a Creek and substantial Trees, so Da Pooch enjoyed some Quality Dog Time snorting around. Some Folks drove up and asked me late this afternoon if I'd seen their Son on Horseback. I had not; only his parked Truck and Horse Trailer. Hopefully, that resolves well. I'm confident it will, given the -40 F Winter Temps around here. Hardy and resourceful Folks.

Enjoyed reading all the Posts this Weekend, and I thank the Sober Instigators that make this Thread happen. My SR Home, to be sure...

- 'Wide Open Spaces' ~ Dixie Chicks & James Taylor ~ Live -

Old 08-23-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Brynn - enjoy some stress-free time. Hopefully he stays.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Yes, Brynn, hopefully he stays. Sending positive vibes your way.

Tetra, you can keep in touch with the co workers. Coffees. I have to say though, I'm terrible at keeping in touch with former coworkers.

Mesa, great view there. Life time geezer pass. Hah!

I'm enjoying the luscious cool breeze tonight. Sitting on my back porch. Just wish it would chase the heat out of the house. Rats.

It's been a long day here. It's ending on a good note. I can't thank you all enough for your continued support. Gets me through sometimes.

Yogapants, great job getting through the BBQ. Keep going! Two weeks is wonderful.

I'll be around here tomorrow. I'm off still. I return to work on Tuesday. Should have taken vacation time earlier. I have more days coming. I'll be doing September and October days. November and December requests are pretty booked by now. People who plan better. Although I guess I've been able to plan a vacation and son's bday party.

Who's going renegade/extended weekend mode? If you're brand new to the weekend thread, I highly recommend it
Old 08-23-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks so much for the support y'all.

Ruby....I'll be around tomorrow. Love how we've gone from vagabonds to renegades!

Sweet dreams!
Xoxo
Old 08-23-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Vagabonds, renegades, and rogues! See you tomorrow.
Good night -
Old 08-23-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Winking at you, HaF!

Brynn, you and I will be troublesome guy free tomorrow. Let's make sure we are kind to ourselves and relax. We can do that mentally.

I'm listening to the TV and thinking about getting ice cream. Everyone's in bed but me and the cat
Old 08-23-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Home from the great up north adventure. Unfortunately, most of the planned activities didn't pan out, due to quite crappy weather. No fireworks, no fire pit, no firing of guns. We barely got the steaks grilled last night before the sky opened up. But it was still really fun. My guy friend was on his best behavior and we enjoyed each other's company a lot. Had fun just BSing about life and stuff and exploring some local places. When he's not sh*tfaced he's a great guy. But I've decided that I can't be "with" someone who drinks too much. Too much time spent sitting around with booze gets boring quickly when you're not the one drinking. So, I'll be content to be friends with him. Not going to wish for more unless he gets that under control. That makes me sad, but also feels good that I'm figuring out what's important to me for my future life.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning all ,
So that weekends over , phew made it through , wasn't a great challenge .

The AV popped up momentarily saying you're an alcoholic people expect you to go to pieces and drink when someone dies. The AV has all the suptley and drama of a poorly made soap opera i treat it with the derision it deserves .

Glad i threw that rule book out , i gave it the skunk eye and got on with sobriety .

Life is for living , sober , for this guy .

When something like this happens it brings into focus how precious our own lives are , how precious the time is flying past , why i can't ever be bored even for a moment

Death brings into focus is this the best use of my time , just what am i doing here with this gift of life .

Sobriety certainly brings good value , i have far more time than i used to and the quality of life has improved.

As for the rest of it , i'm not sure. Certainly the death of a beloved focuses the mind , i have faith that things will work out OK . In a way i am waiting to see what arises .

Take care all , good morning ,

m
Old 08-23-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

No time to read all your posts so I will catch up later.

Grey Monday ugh!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning!!!!

I had a wonderful weekend. Challenged myself to do things I have feared since moving back to Maine. Almost two years all I did was talk. This weekend I acted. I am happy for that.

Off to gym and then work.

Have fun post enders!!!! I will be here and feel like I may need a bit of this weeks extension....

Hope all the new people will post and say how they did . Or didn't do. We will meet up again on Thursday to start fresh. See you then!

Ken
Old 08-24-2015, 02:24 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lordy it's raining hard here today
Old 08-24-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning peeps. Had a good weekend....quiet but got a lot done here. I am moody from carb w/o so I kinda laid low.

Brynn and Ruby you are both in my thoughts. We cannot help who we fall in love with but sometimes we have to love ourselves more.

Glad to hear you had fun Marty. Ken my love you always amaze me. Mex you are an inspiration.