View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Here's the Sunset view from my cushy Campsite. About all the Amenities you'd want, and cost $9-/night with my Lifetime Geezer National Parks Pass that cost $10-. Instant Payback on that Pass Fee...

Lilac ~ This is a good ~80 Air Miles N.E. from Silverton CO.

Threw some Lures out to the Fishies in the ~20 mile-long Reservoir adjacent, but they had other thoughts. No worries. Really enjoyed the rugged Scenery. The 4 Pack of 40-something Gals adjacent talked so much all the time, it was good to escape this Site to where the Oxygen from them all talking nonstop was not depleted. And, to pass on the Wine & Pot-fueled Convos every night. The Good News: they slept in, so I could be up by a Campfire at 5:30 in blissful silence. This Scenario strengthened my Plan to install some Solar Panels & Controller in this new Trailer so we can go fully Off-Grid with no time limit. Motivation comes from unexpected places, yah?

Found a neato Trail up on State Land with a Creek and substantial Trees, so Da Pooch enjoyed some Quality Dog Time snorting around. Some Folks drove up and asked me late this afternoon if I'd seen their Son on Horseback. I had not; only his parked Truck and Horse Trailer. Hopefully, that resolves well. I'm confident it will, given the -40 F Winter Temps around here. Hardy and resourceful Folks.

Enjoyed reading all the Posts this Weekend, and I thank the Sober Instigators that make this Thread happen. My SR Home, to be sure...

- 'Wide Open Spaces' ~ Dixie Chicks & James Taylor ~ Live -