Blogs


Notices

This is a tough road.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover
 
least's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: eastern USA
Posts: 85,311
Blog Entries: 32
I wasn't happy in my early sobriety until I started practicing gratitude every day. Each day I found something in my life to be grateful for. It made such a difference in my attitude. Now I'm happy and grateful for my life.

Try practicing gratitude.
least is online now  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-23-2015), labgirl (04-25-2015), ladyingreen (04-25-2015), mecanix (04-23-2015), SoberCAH (04-27-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
I drank again tonight. Not totally wasted but a good buzz.

thank you everyone for the support. I hope it will be soon that I act on all the advice.

Don't give up on me.
vendetta is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
ScottFromWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 16,173
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post

Don't give up on me.
The recovery community and SR never gives up. What's more important is that YOU don't give up.
ScottFromWI is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottFromWI For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-23-2015), labgirl (04-25-2015), mecanix (04-24-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
I haven't. It's just a matter of my brain putting everything together. When I do it will be easier.
vendetta is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: West Coast USA
Posts: 900
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
I drank again tonight.
I imagine it took some courage to admit that here.

Now use that same courage to start a new Day 1.
FrankLapidas is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to FrankLapidas For This Useful Post:
SoberCAH (04-27-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,467
Blog Entries: 1
It's just a matter of my brain putting everything together.
what are you trying to put together exactly vendetta?

Maybe we can help?
D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
mecanix (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Unshackled
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 20
What's happening this morning, Vendetta?
Nonsensical is offline  
Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
I will touch base in the morning.
vendetta is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vendetta For This Useful Post:
mecanix (04-25-2015), Nonsensical (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Unshackled
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 20
How are things today?
Nonsensical is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Member
 
Altoids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,536
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
I had no desire to do anything. I didn't feel like I could do day to day chores. The one good thing was waking up earlier and more aware.

It's hard to stay on track when I have no desire to do anything.
This was me for a while, too. It does get easier when you stay the course. My sponsor told me to do 5 things a day. Sometimes those 5 things were all I did, but I did them. (wipe down the counter, brush the dog, dust the table, clean the coffee pot. . . nothing big, but accomplished 5 things no matter how small.) Sometimes those 5 things would turn into a whole lot of things. Now that life feels normal I still focus on 5 things a day. For whatever reason, life is more manageable when I gear myself up to do only 5 things today. LOL! I do a lot more than that, but, hey, I WIN each day so easily nowadays.
Altoids is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Altoids For This Useful Post:
labgirl (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
Today is more drinking.

FrankLapidas.... interesting avatar. I loved lost.. till the end.

I'm trying to figure out the balance. I need to slow down my brain. I only do well when I'm at work because I focus like a Lion on it.

I've found alot of my alcoholism is very mental. If i have to stop for a while I do. And I look back and I say wow that was great. But I cannot keep it up.
vendetta is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate
 
doggonecarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 10,573
Blog Entries: 22
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
I'm trying to figure out the balance. I need to slow down my brain.
I'm sure from your end you think you are trying to tackle the problem. From my end, it looks like you are trying to justify drinking.

You can't think yourself sober. Recover is an action verb. As for understanding your drinking and alcoholism, you'll learn 100 times more about it sober than you will drunk.
doggonecarl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to doggonecarl For This Useful Post:
SoberCAH (04-27-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
Honestly I'm scared to death to stop drinking. I'm desperately trying to find a reason to stop. I know that in the end it would be good but I just can't break the habit.

When my brother died from it my uncle and cousin quit just like that. I wish I knew how.
vendetta is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Unshackled
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 20
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
Honestly I'm scared to death to stop drinking. I'm desperately trying to find a reason to stop.
Fear of sobriety is absudly illogical, but very very real. I had a big dose of it myself.

Part of my brain was betraying me. I found that extremely difficult to deal with. I had always eschewed the advice of others and kept my own counsel. That is, until I found out I have an unreliable counselor living in my own head. It is my addiction, and it lies to me to get what it wants - more alcohol.

If you are addicted to alcohol it is a mistake to believe everything you think.

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Nonsensical is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nonsensical For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-28-2015), EndGameNYC (04-28-2015), ilovedogs666 (01-23-2016)
Old 04-28-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
I'm going to start a new thread. Stay with me folks.
vendetta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to vendetta For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
No actually I'm not until I have something better to say. I need to think outside the box to improve myself. I need to find my reason to stop and I don't have that yet.
vendetta is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice
 
Nonsensical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Unshackled
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 20
Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
I need to find my reason to stop and I don't have that yet.
I disagree. YOU have found a reason to stop, that's why you keep posting here.

It's that alcoholic sharing space in your head who remains unconvinced there's a reason to stop. You know him. He's the one you keep arguing with all the time. That silent, maddening battle between the ears.

You will never ever EVER convince that alcoholic in your head that you should stop drinking. It cannot be persuaded, bargained with, or educated. The good news is it can absolutely be overruled by the person who keeps posting here.

You know what must be done. Overrule it.Take away its voting rights. I stopped letting the alcoholic living in my head vote on my future and my life got a lot better. I highly recommend it.

You can do this.
Nonsensical is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nonsensical For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (04-29-2015), doggonecarl (04-29-2015), ilovedogs666 (01-23-2016)
Old 04-29-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 226
I wish to heck I could convince the alcoholic in my brain I had a reason. I hate the depression the alcoholic brings.
vendetta is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 188,467
Blog Entries: 1
This is so good you need to read it twice.


You will never ever EVER convince that alcoholic in your head that you should stop drinking. It cannot be persuaded, bargained with, or educated. The good news is it can absolutely be overruled by the person who keeps posting here.

You know what must be done. Overrule it.Take away its voting rights. I stopped letting the alcoholic living in my head vote on my future and my life got a lot better. I highly recommend it.
you know what to do -do it Vendetta.

that voice in your head doesn't get a vote.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 04-30-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Dee74 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
EndGameNYC (04-29-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Member
 
MelindaFlowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,668
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
My thought on this: When drinking, my productivity was derived from artificial strength.
Slowly, with longer amounts of sobriety time, work is getting done with real energy and done better with clear mind.
Exact same here in the first month. I was a slug but knew it would get better. It does get way better. I wasn't very productive during daily hangovers, that's for sure.

I found I had a one to two hour window of productivity on drinks 1 to drink six then it all went to hell. Dishes, laundry left undone, house a wreck.
MelindaFlowers is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MelindaFlowers For This Useful Post:
ilovedogs666 (01-23-2016)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.