Notices

Shake it off!! Weekender Thread Mar 20-22

Old 03-19-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Trach, I'm so very happy to see you.

Well, I was just the subject of the most disastrous/productive professional evaluation meetings of my life. Disastrous because I cried. Productive because I did it my way. No more contorting to others' ideals. The trick for me will to keep my job and be productive. Life is hard. But I will not drink over it.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Geez, Verte, sorry to hear you felt low during the meeting. On the flip side, glad you are feeling positive about yourself and motivated! I always hated employee evaluations. Giving them stinks. Getting them stinks. As recipients, we brush over the good stuff ("yeah, yeah, I know I'm good with customers") and suffer for weeks over the perceived criticisms ("the boss says I am progressing faster than he thought! Is that bad? Should I quit? Do they want to fire me?")...all in all it's not super fun. Not saying that you're being too hard on yourself, Verte, as I have no idea what your meeting entailed. Just throwing some chatter on the wall for chatter's sake.

Had dinner early. That means I had dessert early too (I gotta stop with the ice cream). Holding with my plans, that will mean an early bedtime as well. I've already put coffee in the coffee pot and set the auto-brew for 3.30am. I have cut up some pineapple and made squeezed fresh orange juice that I will drink as I stumble out the door with my backpack in the darkness to catch the cab at 4am.

The big thing now: I have 2 laptops. One of them is set up for work and work ONLY. The other one has tons of movies, podcasts, and other stuff to kill time. I want to bring them BOTH with me, so that I can work on Friday from the hotel and also kill time with movies during the evenings. But, bringing 2 laptops for one weekend seems like technology overkill, even for me. Uuush!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Hi guys, stopping in to say hello and hope this weekend is better than today!!! Another weekend went by and crazy how the world is turning faster and faster. Pretty soon, its going to be 2016!! LOL!!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

In!

Just back from visiting Mama Nons in Florida. A few interesting things happened, but I will post about them tomorrow. I am beat from the travel day. Be well all!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Just letting everyone know I'm set for another sober weekend.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

there's always hoops this weekend Big... maybe the embassy has a big screen up for the expats...

Verte, sorry to hear you had a rough one... shake it off...
Old 03-19-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Feel like I got punch in the stomach. A coworker that I am close with is moving to another team. That may not sound ,Ike much but I don't get close to to many people. We have forged a great working relationship and even got together outside work. He never said a word until he announced it. He said he couldn't. Well. That may be true but it still hurt.

Still upset but what's there to do. Got ready for a story grooming meeting. Let me get back to work.
I know this feeling. There's been lots of shuffling and upheaval at my job this past year. I work from home in a completely different state from the rest of my co-workers, so you'd think I'd feel more insulated from it, but I don't. When the man who was my manager for over 10 years announced he was quitting last year, I cried the whole rest of the day. I hated it. But I moved on, and ended up taking on a lot more responsibility and got a promotion. So it worked out in the end.

Last edited by jerri11; 03-19-2015 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Weasel, your story struck a cord with me. It's painful when you put on more value on a relationship than the other person. I've recently been burned like that too. It will pass in time.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I got a bazillion Corporate Stories, but I'm in too good a mood to tell them.

My Pea Soup is 'A Rumor In It's Own Time', so I made it for Din-Din. Garlic Bread. Tea. Basketball. Some cool/Cold Weather moved out as Skies now get clear.

Some Wisenheimer Pals and I came up with an imaginary Pill some time ago: '****itol'. The last 2 Syllables are pronounced as 'it all'. Fill in the first Syllable. This imaginary Pill was to be taken when you just want to express a lil disgust with Life in general.-)

Hopefully, nuffin' goin' on that a lil Texas Blues and a Puppy Pic won't cure. That's a Hot Dog Squeeky Toy, BTW...

'La Grange' ~ Billy Gibbons ~ Live At Daryl's House

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bosco Hotdog 3_600.jpg (95.2 KB, 71 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Verte You should be proud you stayed true to yourself.

Don't know about you, but I'm experiencing a lot of growth lately, and it's often painful.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
That's a Hot Dog Squeeky Toy, BTW...
I'm so glad you clarified!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thread moving right along!
Took a bit to catch up.
Love the new look, Brain.

Try no to take it personally, Weasel.
And always know that you are irreplaceable in our little group. We could not possible ever have the weekenders without you.
I hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Nothing much planned for my upcoming weekend. Cookie baking, maybe? Some painting, definitely. And do you suppose that corned beef will be on sale this week now? I think that would be a fantastic crock meal.

Just got my teeth cleaned this afternoon. Time to change the toothbrush head!

Happy Thursday Sober Enders!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I too would like to thank Mesa for the extra info to go along with the pic...

Welp, my neighbors have decided to make tonight their "surround sound movie night". They crank up the volume on their big HD screen and speakers and I can hear it through the curtains. This kind of stuff really grinds my gears. On the one night I need to go to bed early...grrr. I hear in Germany that everyone abides by "quiet hours" after 8pm as a social courtesy. Does anyone know if that's true? And if so, does anyone know of a job opening in Germany?

Ah, well. Not my circus, etc. Only taking one laptop to Costa Rica. I can watch hoops on the hotel TV no problem. Off to hit the sack. Have a great Friday folks and I hope everyone pulls through with another sober evening.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Weekenderrrrrrrrs!!! Mmmmmuah!!! We got this.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm home and one kid in bed. Time to make rumblings with the other.

Verte, sorry it was brutal but you came out relatively unscathed? Is this the job you were seeking last year? I remember you were so looking forward to it so I'm hoping that on the whole you are happy with it.

Non, welcome back from Florida. Send some tan Brain's way with the snow he's getting. I'm hoping for rain. Wash all the dirt and salt off the roads.

Jerri, sounds like you are busy with work.

I'm not busy enough. My posts here follow a pattern in that at work I'm super active because I don't have much to do while they diminish in the evening when I'm busy. I'm tired of being bored at work. It's making me nervous. I have no control over how busy I am though.

Ah, time to get son to bed. BigS, save journeys tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

How are things at home, Ruby? Getting the kiddos to help out?

Gilmer, how did the test go?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

thread is moving is right. not often we break 100 on thursday...
I found out that the cashiers at costco pull in 50K+ a year today. I was encouraged to apply. Still considering mindless work and coast until real retirement. You can keep that rocket science stuff.
earplugs bigS - what I tell the wife who is a day sleeper - but she never listens to me, why should you... and she is still asleep, I'm being extra quiet so she sleeps and catches up on rest. I'll be heading off soon, I made her dinner to heat up whenever she gets up.
So weird stuff, first I get a check from "work" and find out they put in a bunch of money to my 401K due to an error - small check <200 - it might be low from what I'm hearing. Apparently there was a glitch in the Sunday pay calc going back 3 years. It's money I didn't have. Then I notice I have another check for over a grand from them for a 2014 bonus. I'm scratching my head on that one. And I ran into another 'supervisor' today. I also got a dividend check from them. So I discover a couple grand in the last week.
And my Hall & Oates tickets showed up. For the heck of it I looked and got front row seats in the 'balcony' center stage. Cheap face value tickets. I hope they don't just go through the motions. But they are a "local band" after all. They better put out for the home town crowd.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

gotta make 100, darryl hall before his head grew three sizes, although I do like his house stuff, but he certainly if full of himself,

Old 03-19-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm in for another sober weekend. I've been feeling kind of "down" the past couple of days, so I need to find something fun/positive this weekend to do get me out of this mood. Of course, I'm looking forward to hanging out with all of you here! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

100!