Notices

On My Way

Old 05-07-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
We are with you, GC.
Thanks SL, I really appreciate it. It's not my first one so I know what to expect, which helps, but I'll be relieved when it's over and "only" have to be worried about the results. I know I'm making more of a deal about it than I objectively should, but emotions are emotions and most importantly last night I didn't use the excuse of needing to calm down to have any alcohol.

Thank you, sweet Della.
Yes, she certainly is. :-)
Old 05-07-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Procedurally the scan went fine. My appointment with the pulmonologist is next Thursday.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Glad it went well, GC; here's to positive and healthy results.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Glad it went well, GC; here's to positive and healthy results.
Thank you for your good thoughts.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Yay!!! Now we are just waiting on appointments for both of you right?
Old 05-07-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Yay!!! Now we are just waiting on appointments for both of you right?
Correct!!!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

My pulmonologist appointment was made six months ago, but obviously the scan could not be done until shortly before I see her. I could have pushed the scan to the beginning of next week, but once I knew I had to schedule it I wanted it done ASAP. Now that it's done and someone is going to probably know the results tomorrow I want to know also. I am still convinced I made right decision to have it done today, but I'm thinking of calling my doctor on Monday to see what the results were.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

The weekend is almost here and I'm feeling quite calm after yesterday's agitation with the test and wondering what the results will be. I was able to get a good night's sleep yesterday, which always helps, and this morning showed the weights at the gym who was boss. All is good and I'm looking forward to another sober day/night so I can wake up refreshed tomorrow, go for a run, and then start prepping for Sunday's Mother's Day party. It's looking as if the final tally is going to be 24 adults and my twin nephews who are 7. Sadly, neither of my kids will be able to attend because they're not finished with their respective semesters.

Getting back to SR related matters, I am not at all concerned about maintaining my sobriety this weekend. Not saying I'm overconfident or am going to let my guard down, just that I'm feeling good about it.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I'm up later than anticipated, but about to go to bed sober so all is good. Actually way more than good because about two hours ago my wife and I got a surprise visit from both of our kids who coordinated to make it home for Mother's Day weekend. I won't lie, I shed some tears of joy seeing them. My wife became a complete mess and their arrival will absolutely be the highlight of the what will be a very nice family weekend culminating with Sunday's party.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

How wonderful!
Old 05-09-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
I'm up later than anticipated, but about to go to bed sober so all is good. Actually way more than good because about two hours ago my wife and I got a surprise visit from both of our kids who coordinated to make it home for Mother's Day weekend. I won't lie, I shed some tears of joy seeing them. My wife became a complete mess and their arrival will absolutely be the highlight of the what will be a very nice family weekend culminating with Sunday's party.
Wow; that is so very, very cool.

Enjoy and treasure this weekend.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

How wonderful!
Wow; that is so very, very cool.

Enjoy and treasure this weekend.
Thanks, it's wonderful on so many levels. Superficially, that we're going to be spending the holiday together for the first time in three years and when one delves deeper the recognition of the bigger significance of how their conspiratorial actions to coordinate and then spend hours traveling are indicative of the great relationship we have with them. We've worked hard to foster that, but that doesn't guarantee anything. We are truly blessed.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

That's so sweet, GC. Very happy for you and your wife
Old 05-09-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
That's so sweet, GC. Very happy for you and your wife
Thanks SJ. It's such a paradox. They're on the path to be very successful independent adults, which my wife and I have worked hard to increase the odds of happening, but I long for and cherish the increasingly fewer times when we're all together. In the end, it's all good because they clearly feel the same way.

The next big thing I'm going to have to wrap my head around is August when my daughter finishes her summer graduate school work. Her macro plan is to work a little and then go back to graduate school to get another degree. She can do that while living at home or go forth and work, live, and go to school close to where she presently is and where her boyfriend will be going to law school next year. Up until now, even though she's away for most of the year, our house is still "home" and I always knew she would be back at some point. Where she calls home will change and when it does I'll be fully supportive because I realize it's perfectly natural, yet I still need to come to terms with it.

As I often do, probably TMI.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Just finished a 2.5 hour dinner at home with my wife and the kids. A fantastic time that will not be replicated for months. Yes, we'll all be together next weekend for my daughter's college graduation, but restaurant dinners are not the same as hanging at home where we can laugh as loud as we want and not be under any pressure to either leave or order another course.

My game plan for the balance of the evening is to hang out with everyone and hit the hay around 11 so that I can hopefully get a good night's sleep that will have me energized for tomorrow when I have lots to do. The guest count is now up to 28 adults and my two 7 year old nephews.

Once again it will be a sober day/evening; I've drank close to a gallon (3.8 L) of water/seltzer today so I'm well hydrated. Life goes better when I've done so as it does when I hit put my head on my pillow sober.

A happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate the holiday!
Old 05-09-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to your wife!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to your wife!
Thanks Della! Enjoy the holiday also. :-)
Old 05-10-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Party prep is going well; guests will be arriving in about two hours.

Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate!
Old 05-11-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

The party went great. Sticking to matters relating to SR, alcohol was served. Some guests drank, some did not. I was in the latter camp and as I was sticking to my club soda or water I really didn't give too much thought to having anything else. All was/is good.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
The party went great. Sticking to matters relating to SR, alcohol was served. Some guests drank, some did not. I was in the latter camp and as I was sticking to my club soda or water I really didn't give too much thought to having anything else. All was/is good.
I knew you would be!!!!