Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
That's so sweet, GC. Very happy for you and your wife
Thanks SJ. It's such a paradox. They're on the path to be very successful independent adults, which my wife and I have worked hard to increase the odds of happening, but I long for and cherish the increasingly fewer times when we're all together. In the end, it's all good because they clearly feel the same way.

The next big thing I'm going to have to wrap my head around is August when my daughter finishes her summer graduate school work. Her macro plan is to work a little and then go back to graduate school to get another degree. She can do that while living at home or go forth and work, live, and go to school close to where she presently is and where her boyfriend will be going to law school next year. Up until now, even though she's away for most of the year, our house is still "home" and I always knew she would be back at some point. Where she calls home will change and when it does I'll be fully supportive because I realize it's perfectly natural, yet I still need to come to terms with it.

As I often do, probably TMI.