Notices

Stay sober here Weekender Thread! Dec 5-7

Old 12-05-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

This thread has a lot going for it, no matter what is posted. I look forward to it every week.

*ring *ring
All of a sudden your statement triggered this biminiblue, so I thought I'd share. Weird where my mind goes...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I'm in.....
Old 12-05-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy, new Weekenders. Welcome!

Nons, I really have to tell you what your wife gets? Diamonds.

Yes, been working today. Making clear vinyl walls for a restaurant patio.

Thanks for filling in for me on the DJ duties. I miss the time spent looking for appropriate music for the Weekends.

My feet hurt.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by broken2013 View Post
I'm in.....

Hey Broken! Climb aboard the sober busses!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

My weekend is not starting off well. Went to the gym to go to an aerobics class, but it was cancelled. Tempted to work more on this project I've been working on all day, but I think I am just going to post on SR until the Friday night chat meeting.
I have spinning tomorrow, work that will take up Saturday and Sunday for these two projects I have. Projects will be due Thursday, but if I can get them done, I may be able to relax a bit.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Hey Gang!!!

The Weasel Tree is up!

A $20 tree and $90 of lights!

This needs to be on every page.

Just lovely. The kitty, the fire crackling, the blinds perfectly set at half-way.

*sigh*

I went for a long walk, now I don't want to cook, so maybe I won't . I have some mixed nuts in shells - love to sit with a bowl and a nutcracker, it's pretty satisfying.

I think I'll get in jammies and watch TV. I've been watching Restaurant Impossible and Hotel Impossible. Fun, reality series where they try to save failing businesses.

It's 5 o'clock, after all.

(^^that's the emo you get with : yawn: )
Old 12-05-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Seeing that a couple people mentioned 2015 goals, I'd like to throw a few in the pot! For 2015 I'd like to stay sober (obviously!), read a book a week, lose about 30 pounds and pay off most of my student loan debt (and its pretty sizable). I have a feeling that kicking booze from my life should help me achieve all those goals
Old 12-05-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

lol at the ring, ring, destiny clip.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
This needs to be on every page.

Just lovely. The kitty, the fire crackling, the blinds perfectly set at half way
AND - that big W on the fireplace reminding us it's Weasel.

Well, MrsLB got back from the hair dresser (why do they call it that?) at 3 PM.
We debated dinner, settled on afternoon delite. And hamburgers. Made 3 - next one is mine. 3 hour nap was good.

I was invited to join neighbor and his buddy from work for some man time at his place. Same guys I chauffeured around in summer getting wasted. Think I'll just hang here and netlfix.
Mrs is studying - all night - for final Monday. Then it's a couple weeks free. Party tomorrow night.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I am in!

Week one of work over! I was very very nervous but I am settling in. I met some nice people and even got a Christmas party invite but I made a polite decline. I am becoming more sociable (having coffee breaks and some lunch breaks with my co-workers) but I am not yet ready to walk into a room full of strangers.

My boss praised me today - I was on my own in the office all afternoon yesterday and she said "I like your neat handwriting and your clear and informative phone messages. Keep up the good work!" - high praise indeed

I can do this 8:30 - 4:30 thing! I want to cry when I think of all that time I wasted hiding myself away. I have gone to my folks for the weekend. I'll say two things about my mom: (a) she can be incredibly annoying but (b) she is an amazing cook! Brother and fiancee are arriving in two weeks and it's party time!!

Here is some Irish dancing to get us in the weekend mood:

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Speaking of Irish dancing, I am reminded of Chandler from Friends:

Old 12-05-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Nons, I really have to tell you what your wife gets? Diamonds.
That's the old standby. I'd like to be more creative, but I am running out of ideas...and time!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

that sounds great tetra - glad things are going well for you. I happened to be watching some Irish dancing last night on youtube. good stuff.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Thank you!

And now that I'm working 9 - 5 (or 8:30 - 4:30):

Old 12-05-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

non - my wife said to me - NO JEWELRY! I gave her diamonds a few years ago and she was mad that I wasted money on such silliness (her words). She was supposed to make a list. But who knows.

She asked for my list. I said you can re-wrap the oven mittens you got for me last year and give them to me again. It's what I asked for. But they don't fit right nor are the designed for real cooks. Still 'brand new'. And she gave me a fish griller thingy - I already have one. Both items are still in original condition, fish basket never unpackaged. So I can ask for something or I can write down the exact model number if I ever want something I really want. The always popular case of beer and a bottle is not on my list this year.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Mrs Non is the toughest person to buy gifts for that I have ever met. Mainly because she will never ask for what she really wants and will even say she doesn't want anything - but it's a trap. I have fallen for it before. 12 years ago I was the butt of a joke going around her office on how to NOT buy gifts for your wife's birthday. She might tell me 'no jewelry', but she doesn't mean it.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
The always popular case of beer and a bottle is not on my list this year.
We used to get bottles as gifts too. This year I asked for nice chocolates instead.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Mrs Non is the toughest person to buy gifts for that I have ever met. Mainly because she will never ask for what she really wants and will even say she doesn't want anything - but it's a trap. I have fallen for it before. 12 years ago I was the butt of a joke going around her office on how to NOT buy gifts for your wife's birthday. She might tell me 'no jewelry', but she doesn't mean it.
How about planning and presenting a nice dinner and a play, weekend away, concert or something else special she would really enjoy and could look forward to?
Old 12-05-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
And now that I'm working 9 - 5 (or 8:30 - 4:30):
Oh yeah??? Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd do it !

(reading backwards, hello all, love this thread, in for the weekend!)
Old 12-05-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I also look forward to this thread every weekend. Even if I don't post much it really helps knowing that it's here and you all are here...