Notices

Stay sober here Weekender Thread! Dec 5-7

Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I'm in! This will be my first sober weekend in months. Because of that I'm not going to berate myself for my diet at all. I figure even the most sinful dessert won't compare to the thousands of empty calories I'll be saving myself.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Welcome, MCAL880!

I ate all the foodz in early sobriety. I started eating ice cream and chocolate, too. I did gain a couple pounds, but the food thing died down after a while.

I know when I was drinking, I didn't eat very well - so it's been nice having good healthy food. Take care of yourself. I treated myself like I was in recovery from an illness, because I was.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by unitedguy View Post
I'll jump aboard this bus!

Welcome UnitedGuy!! to SR and the weekender! Post about whats going on for you. How are you staying sober?
Old 12-05-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

welcome MCAL880.
CG - frozen party sounds cools, make sure y'all have your mittens!

The trach must be working so I thought I would post a tune for him.

Happy Friday
this is a rare find - pre niel pert rush
Old 12-05-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
Can I come too? Please? :p
Welcome Erin!!

I am starting to sound like a broken record ... LOL but really. We want to know what you might be up to or how you are staying sober.

So good to see so many new faces!
Old 12-05-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MCAL880 View Post
I'm in! This will be my first sober weekend in months. Because of that I'm not going to berate myself for my diet at all. I figure even the most sinful dessert won't compare to the thousands of empty calories I'll be saving myself.
MCAL... welcome to SR and the weekender... I agree!! When I first started I paid all the attention to learning to live without drinking. Not watching every little thing I eat. Sometimes I can only deal with one thing at a time.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

There are a bunch of new faces!!!! Welcome!

I try to call out special those under a 100 posts since they are the newest of the new.

Good to see everyone.

Ended my workday early. I was done. So I went and got a few things for the home for Christmas. Going to put the tree up tonight. Get a bit in the mood.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

CG, Frozen party sounds like fun. Do the girls dress up for the party? My daughter has Frozen downloaded on an ipod thanks to grandpa. I still haven't seen it. Grandma and grandpa took her when it came out.

There are protests snarling traffic downtown. I don't want to go downtown. It will take me a very long time to get home.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My boss just left for the day. Why am I still at work?
Old 12-05-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

NM
Old 12-05-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

My daughter was just over and took away my set of cookie cutters. Great! I'm off the hook!
Old 12-05-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

40 Minutes left and I'm free for the weekend...

Just got paid...

No work tomorrow and not a lot to do... I really want to drink since I don't work but I know I can't do that to myself.

Earlier this week I made plans on Saturday to go to my friends little sisters birthday party... I told him I'd go but there's going to be beer and weed there..

If I go I know there's no way I can say no to either...

Hoping for a good weekend! Stay strong everyone!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Ian McLagan

Sun and Fun Day here...

A small Western Town Xmas Parade tonight in decent Weather. You just can't beat John Deere Tractors and Hay Wagons with Lights a-blazing.

Bummed to hear that Ian McLagan - Keys with 'Faces' and his own 'Bump Band' - died of a Stroke this week. I loved this one linked below off the kinda-unnoticed 1982 'Green Light' Disc from Bonnie Raitt. Ian was a very competent Player, and one funny Guy in Interviews. All of 69 years old. A well-known Power Drinker back in the day, as were all the 'Faces'.

My 2015 Resolution will be to utilize and enjoy my now-entrenched Sobriety, and pay it forward a bit here.

Here's a Pic from yesterday out our Guest Bedroom Window for L 'Elmer Fudd' Brain. 'Tis great to see all the Noobs join all us Rubes.

'Me And The Boys' ~ Bonnie Raitt

-----

-----
Old 12-05-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Friday night here in the UK. ... I'm currently creating little Woolley hats to send to innocent smoothies, they put them on the bottles and they then raise money for the dementia charity. Total change from my past life Friday nights! Xx
Old 12-05-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Sun and Fun Day here...

A small Western Town Xmas Parade tonight in decent Weather. You just can't beat John Deere Tractors and Hay Wagons with Lights a-blazing.

Bummed to hear that Ian McLagan - Keys with 'Faces' and his own 'Bump Band' - died of a Stroke this week. I loved this one linked below off the kinda-unnoticed 1982 'Green Light' Disc from Bonnie Raitt. Ian was a very competent Player, and one funny Guy in Interviews. All of 69 years old. A well-known Power Drinker back in the day, as were all the 'Faces'.

My 2015 Resolution will be to utilize and enjoy my now-entrenched Sobriety, and pay it forward a bit here.

Here's a Pic from yesterday out our Guest Bedroom Window for L 'Elmer Fudd' Brain. 'Tis great to see all the Noobs join all us Rubes.

'Me And The Boys' ~ Bonnie Raitt

-----

-----
I'd love to wake up to that view every day, how lucky you are!

Ian McLagan's death was big news around here. I don't live but an hour from Austin and it was all anyone could talk about. I'm not familiar with his music but I know he meant so much to so many musicians, especially the local scene.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Nonsensical, you're a handy guy. I'm making my wife an outdoor fireplace for Christmas. Or, how about a home sous vide machine? My 2015 goals? Stay sober another year then work on "the list". I'm an obsessive list maker. Daily, weekly, yearly, personal goals, business goals you get the picture. Primary personal is finishing my giant clean out project plus we have a family trip scheduled for the summer. Business wise the revenue is going to increase by a large, yet very achievable percentage. Not a day goes by that I don't find myself thankful for some reason that I'm free of the chemicals. It really helps with ticking off the projects on the lists.
Mesa man are those hooved rats I see in that photo?
If you're into podcasts, Marc Maron had a very good monologue this week. He was talking with his nicotine AV. Quite funny.
Hope all are well.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hey Gang!!!

The Weasel Tree is up!

A $20 tree and $90 of lights!

Old 12-05-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Earlier this week I made plans on Saturday to go to my friends little sisters birthday party... I told him I'd go but there's going to be beer and weed there..

Protect yourself from this , you know it makes sense …. there will always be another party , another excuse , I went on that way for years knowing i "should" give up but never quite getting round to it ....

Cry off sick …. pretend you got a bad hangover , whatever it takes just stay sober ..., take some of your wages and put it in a savings account instead of a bottle or sending it up in smoke … Since getting sober i now have money for the occasional treat ..

keep on the right Path2recovery !

m
Old 12-05-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Path2Recovery View Post
40 Minutes left and I'm free for the weekend...

Just got paid...

No work tomorrow and not a lot to do... I really want to drink since I don't work but I know I can't do that to myself.

Hoping for a good weekend! Stay strong everyone!
Welcome P2R!

I had weekends where I rationalized the outcome. I drank then. Now there is nothing to debate. I dont drink and I wont go back on that.

Make the right choice this weekend. Stay sober. Post here. Do what ever you need to.

Let us know how you do.

K
Old 12-05-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

A big hello to new weekender folks! Get comfortable (I'm already in my sweats!), find something yummy to eat (stopped at Trader Joe's which is a big deal in little 'ol Vermont let me tell you!), and feel free to reach out and chime in at any point. Path2Recovery, I'm with you as far as staying in tonight...it just makes sense