Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Super Duper Weekender Thread - Holiday Edition Aug 28th to Sept 1st

Notices

Super Duper Weekender Thread - Holiday Edition Aug 28th to Sept 1st

Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

New Grass Revival

Many Tanks, LBrain...

Bassist John Cowan is playing around here imminently, and is an 'Anchor' for the Telluride Festival.

We saw 'New Grass' Decades ago in a remo'ed Denver Theater with Leon Russell trading off as Headliner. That was a good one...

I once commented to a Bluegrass-lovin' Pal that a Singer reminded me of a Cat with it's Tail stuck under a Rocking Chair. His reply: 'He was that good, eh'?

'Can't Stop Now' ~ New Grass Revival

---
Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

It's only Thursday afternoon and we're already 4 pages deep into this thread?! Awesome!

I'm in for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on all the posts.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I am really looking forward to another sober weekend!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Here is to being good, all weekend long!!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

well, seems a tiger was freed from it's cage...
Remember people, you don't have to send a message in a bottle, just log on SR if you are having trouble... you're not the only one

Old 08-28-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Message in a bottle....yeahhhh what a great song
Old 08-28-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

alright Jupiters! Your first real weekend all summer and it's the official last one. Make it count.
Charleesavedme, it looks like you saved Charlee this time around. Glad to hear all is well.
Welcome back.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SlightlyOff View Post
I will join the bus!! Trouble with labor day weekend here in Texas is that it's too darn hot to garden, too hot to hike or bicycle, too hot to take the dog to dog park, really too hot to do anything outside except go to the pool. 100 degrees is harsh. But, my husband and I can get on the motorcycle early in the morning and go to the pool.

High school football game tomorrow night. Hope none of the players drops from heat stroke. Seriously.
make room for me on this bus please! i feel ya slightly off on this heat. im a texas gal and it is really too hot to do anything! even the AC doesnt feel like its working w these 100 degrees days.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

welcome aboard penkins! since yesterday was the anniversary of SRV's death, and you're from Texas, you inspired this song.

I hope I don't get too annoying with this new found hobby.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I hope I don't get too annoying with this new found hobby.
Just don't put up any sucky music and you'll be golden.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

thanks for that LBrain!! im texan from birth!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey Everyone!!! Back home and tired... heading to bed to watch TV.

LB and MM thanks for picking up some of the DJ tasks... Love the Police.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Who gave LB the keys to the music vault?

I remember when SRV died. Heartbroken.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Jumping on board here. Speaking of boards...there will be lots of surf boards where I'm heading this weekend! Actually probably not, the surf is too dangerous right now - but it sure will be a grand time at the beach. I am off to a remote corner of black sand beach near the border of El Salvador and Guatemala on the Pacific coast. There should be very few people there at this time of year, probably only a couple of tourists if any.

I plan to have a cold seltzer with lime, some fruit smoothies, and plenty of fish and shrimp and then lie in a hammock with a good book. Swim. Run on the beach. Just like when I was a kid. There is a Sea Turtle Rescue/Hatchery out there as well, I will visit the center as well as the other local wildlife center and see if there are any baby sea turtles, iguanas, or caymans (a smaller cousin of the alligator).

One more day of work and then Saturday morning I'm hitting the open road! I will do my best to report from The Middle of Nowhere when I can!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

^^^So jealous!! It's lashing rain here.

Have a great time BigS...looking forward to your reports
Old 08-28-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Tetra, Olive and I would trade the heat and sunshine in our respective areas for lashing rain. Love a good storm!

I'm back and feel like I'm choking in the fumes in the rear of the bus I'm that far behind on the posts here. Glad to see everyone on board!

I still can't see any of the videos on the iPad. I will take your word that the blank white spots are music videos. I saw the Police in concert a million years ago with the Go Gos opening for them. I may be stepping on toes but the police weren't that impressive in concert. Their sound was so studio driven back then that it got lost in a giant stadium. Maybe a smaller venue would have helped. The go Gos were a lot more fun and the highlight of the night. A far simpler and louder sound.

Winding down for the night and looking forward to the weekend. One more work day and we get to leave early. Husband and I went out for dinner. He is watching the bears game. Kids are at my parents overnight. Yay! No fighting at bedtime.

I'm feeling blah and have been for days. Maybe a couple of meetings with like minded people. That will be tomorrow evening. Missed the one I was headed to tonight because traffic was awful.

Mec, good luck! You can do it.

I will see you all in the morning. I am that tired that I can't sit out here into the wee hours this evening. Well, maybe I will check back later but right now, I'm pooped!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Y'all are doin' great with the soundtrack! Keep it up. Today's work isn't finished and tomorrow is another full day. I'll pitch back in over the weekend as my trip is cancelled.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Tetra, Olive and I would trade the heat and sunshine in our respective areas for lashing rain. Love a good storm!
Yes, Tetra, we will take your rain!
I am so ready for fall to start. So ready.
The only thing I like about summer is I get to wear my prescription sunglasses all the time. Perfect for hiding my introverted self.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Love the new hobby Lbrain.

Keep them coming!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

It has been rather cool disappointing summer in NJ...very sucky.
I have a fancy new french door fridge with all the bells and whistles... and an error message prominently displayed..."er I F"...which stands for icemaker fan...wtf? This fridge cost more than my first car and it just past its first year by 28 days, no more warranty. ..
Thankfully both my nephew and my contractor will be here tomorrow while I am at work.
When I feel helpless over mechanical stuff I get triggered. But I have the calvary coming, I will try to sleep.
I am annoyed but I won't die over it. Ugh!