Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Super Duper Weekender Thread - Holiday Edition Aug 28th to Sept 1st

Notices

Super Duper Weekender Thread - Holiday Edition Aug 28th to Sept 1st

Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hats Off To Predecessors

I'll be on the move some this Weekend, and unwisely driving up over the Rockies tomorrow on I-70 in Labor Day 'getaway' Traffic. O'well, I keep these things in perspective these days. I ain't dealing' with nuffin' compared to charleesavedme. Yowzah! That's a full Plate, fo sho. Septic problems are the .....; oh, you know the rest...

Although I'm 'flying solo' this Trip, my Wife is forever amused that I'll go up to anyone anywhere who looks lost, or in trouble, just to see if I can help out or give local info. You meet some super Folks at Rest Stops or around Lunch Joints. Just as many do in this Recovery Community, pay it forward...

Clearly, it takes several Persons to fill the Super Human DJ Shoes of trachemys. So, I'll do my part-time bit and start with this ode to the Labor Movement; the reason for this Weekend remembrance. My Grandpa worked the Coal Mines in S. Illinois, and it was a very different World back then.

'Working In A Coal Mine' ~ Devo

--------------
Old 08-28-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey gang. I'm getting on the bus!

This weekend we are scuba diving. It is a big scuba diving, BBQ event. The BBQing will be on land bc we can't figure out how to fire up the coals underwater yet. LOL! Nothing like hanging out with dive buddies. Like SR buddies, they have your back. Your life is in their hands when diving and theirs is in yours.

Love the theme of the weekend thread, too. Since Nonsensical wants to build something, how about a treehouse for all of us to hang out in??? Every childhood needs a treehouse hangout!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I got though page 1 - well said soberhoopsfan,

trach, that is some old junior brown footage. I saw him twice over the past ten years, always try to go when he finds his way around here.

MM< thanks for that photo. Reminds me of my fishing trips 'out west' over the past decade. I need to hit the San Juan again soon for sure. And the upper Rio and other places near there. Always liked Durango area.

glad everyone is on board for the weekend.
okay, so I'm sorta caught up. Trach, if I knew how to post the music videos directly I would do so. Don't want to post links.

Sounds like everyone is going into the weekend with a positive outlook. And you folks across the pond coming off you bank holiday, keep an eye on us 'westerners'.

PK - Remember this - WE ARE, PENN STATE! WE ARE, PENN STATE! WE ARE, PENN STATE!

Almost forgot to mention. Today is 8 months without a drink for me.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

can i have a window seat please?xx
Old 08-28-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ticket for one please.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Fandy,
Is this your car in the Sober Bus 'park and ride' parking lot?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cat-lady.jpg (14.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Olive!!!! That's freaking awesome!!!!!

Love you Miss Fandy!

Olive ... Any new postcards recently?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Olive!!!! That's freaking awesome!!!!!

Love you Miss Fandy!

Olive ... Any new postcards recently?
I love you, too, Miss Fandy!

No new cards at the box lately. I will stop by today on my way home to see if there is anything.
Because I knew my SR postcard resources would run thin eventually, I did sign up for a postcard exchange on the internet. I have been getting some from internet strangers lately. I will post some of those if there is nothing from you lovely people.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey sober team.... We have a special occasion this weekend. One of our own... LBrain has 8 months today!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congratulations, LBrain!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

We're vacationing in Italy. Here's a view of the sunset from our balcony.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Shut The Catflap

That's one hilarious set of Cat Stickers above on the Rear Window!

Our local Earth Muffin-run Mountain Radio Station is hosting their Season Finale tonight at a local Park with these Swedish Pickers as the Headliner. Click on the Vid Clip linked below to hear the sage advice: 'Shut the Catflap... Shut the Catflap when you go...' I never could get the hang of Fret-less Bass, and using a Slide on a Banjo looks interesting.

The Rain has cleared out, and it's a stunner day here now. Good Weather tonight. A Bluegrass bunch from Australian open the Show. Always an amusing cross-section of Humanity at these lil Concerts. Maybe I'll huff a Cigar well away from others, if only to offset the endemic Pot Smoke at these Events in Weed-legal Colorado. The ever-present Craft Beer Sales are a non-issue for me these days. Been there, drank that. Maybe I'll haul along my Lemonade...

'Baskery'

Congrats LBrain! Mega-huge triumph...
Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations, L Brain!

Once again, I have Thursday and Saturday off this week. I just went to the neighbor's shellfish farm and bought extra large oysters to cook on the grill for lunch and clams to make chowder for dinner tomorrow. I picked out oysters that would sit nicely on the grill, and will cook them til they open. Then I'll put some butter and garlic inside the shells, and cook them a bit longer.

I'm actually not quite sure how to make clam chowder, but am sure my wife (who is the soup cook) can find instructions on the internet.

Happy sober weekend to all!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

LBrain, to post youtube videos, you just copy everything to the right of the equals sign and paste between the "Wrap [YT] tags around surrounded text."
Old 08-28-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Count me in!!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Pouring rain at the moment. I'm sitting here with a packet of shortbread biscuits and a cup of hot chocolate. I think it's time to dig out the electric blanket!

On the upside, my brother-in-law was discharged from hospital this afternoon, after 8 days. Apparently he had Hepatitis A or something, and he is pre-diabetic and will have to start taking medicine and be careful with his diet.

Plan for this evening is to re-make the bed with cozy sheets, and read until late into the night. I bought 3 new books this week. Instead of buying booze, I have switched to books and re-discovered my love of reading. Monday night I was up until 4 am!

I hope you all have a peaceful evening xx
Old 08-28-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Clam Central

Coldfusion ~

What, no Geoduck? You're right there in Da 'Hood!

Geoduck Page

---
Old 08-28-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm here. Definitely reads like an excited crowd for this long weekend. Can't wait to read of the escapades. I really enjoy watching the US Open these couple of weeks. It gives me a reason not to work! Now I have to go search for some sugar...
Old 08-28-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Okay let's give it a try. This is for mesaman, if I was stuck on a deserted island and had to have only one record to listen to, this would probably be it.
Believe it or not, I can do all the voices on this record. David Grisman and bunch got together for a very short spell and recorded this one. I have it on vinyl!

How about that, I learned something. Thanks gilmer.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

One more before I go back to work. Took a time out to make my honey dinner before she went off to school. Pressure washing patio next.
This song is for EVERYONE! I know you are going to hear something in this tune -from one of my favorite bands - that applies to YOU!