Cooking up a storm weekender Jun 27-29

Old 06-26-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Cardoon.... Are you a smurf by now?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Okay next to bacon my absolute favorite is steak and a nice roast is right up there with it. I am a beef girl that is for sure! I could have it morning, noon and night.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Cardoon.... Are you a smurf by now?
or...Violet Beauregarde.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in. You sneaked the thread in while I wasn't looking.

I'm eating Original Snaps - those licorice pieces covered in candy. Every now and then I get a craving for them and they are hard to find, being an old fashioned candy. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had cravings for them which I had to curb after I found out eating licorice isn't good when you are pregnant.

I still drool thinking about the barbeque shrimp I ate at Mr. B's Bistro on my one and only trip to New Orleans. Don't think red barbeque sauce. Think large shrimp swimming in melted butter with some worcestershire sauce and some other yummy stuff. My friend ordered the same thing and they brought us bibs when we ordered. I thought they were crazy but the bibs were necessary. Messy and delicious.

Trying NOT to think so much of food this afternoon and then I found the thread. I am tired of freezing to death in the courtroom so went to buy a nice pair of slacks to wear. I found a nice pair, they were on sale, and I feel like I am carrying around a watermelon in my waist area. I used to be tiny.

I have to go to a meeting. Rats. Talk to you all later.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Postcard Intermission

These wonderful postcards came from North Carolina sent by Charleesavedme!

Thank you so much Charlee!!

In case you can't tell from my photography, the top half of one is super sparkly.

A trip to the Appalachians is now in my list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-1901015547.jpg (70.6 KB, 72 views)
image-3857504730.jpg (56.5 KB, 73 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm gonna gain 10 pounds this weekend if y'all keep this up. . Everything sounds so yummy!!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I bought some Taylor Pork Roll this week and I plan to fry some up for breakfast one of these weekend days. Maybe a little Taylor Pork Roll/bacon/egg/cheese on an English muffin kinda thing. Dammmmmm that sounds delish!

What a party! I can't remember the last time I got this sober.

Friday off - let the weekend begin!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Awesome postcards Charlee and Olive!

Meeting was short and reminded us to fill out our performance self evaluations. I hate those. Of course it is 4:36 the day before they are due and I haven't started mine. I figure, what's the point? We aren't getting raises. No one has gotten a raise in over 5 years.

The secondary topic of the meeting was food. chips, pretzels and cookies were passed around. Food was discussed. Kind of like alcohol I guess. When you want to cut back or quit suddenly you see it everywhere.

I have to start my self eval so I will catch up later.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I'm trying not to think about food as I start work in 40 minutes. They are updating our computers and it looks like the new system is awful and lots of bugs. So on top of all the tech problems I am expected to keep my metrics positive. Yeah let's see how that goes!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Attached Images
pork.JPG (38.0 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Non.... I respect your right to freedom of speech. Flaunting a Taylor ham, egg, cheese on a muffin is not fair... But please post.... Please.... Please....
Old 06-26-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Of course. Previous posts indicate you'd prefer to see it on the plate. Is that correct?

Not sure what I'll do this weekend besides eat. I had a squamous removed from the left side of my torso on Wednesday and I have 5 stitches. Not supposed to twist, stretch or lift anything until next week. I might have to test that a little. I don't do sitting around bored very well.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Not sure what I'll do this weekend besides eat. I had a squamous removed from the left side of my torso on Wednesday and I have 5 stitches. Not supposed to twist, stretch or lift anything until next week. I might have to test that a little. I don't do sitting around bored very well.
I had something similar removed from my leg this week. They took a sharp tiny melon baller and scooped them out. Now it looks like my leg was bitten by a vampire.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Home from work. My train was slightly delayed because of a "pedestrian involved incident" which is train speak for some poor soul, intentionally or not, decided to cross the tracks at the wrong time. Spent time with the kids and am now gearing up to fight them into bed.

My daughter captured a monarch caterpillar on the milkweed. We released it into the wild when I got home. So the milkweed experiment is finally working. In five years this is the first caterpillar I've seen. I took a picture but it uninspiring so I won't post it.

I'm feeling rather icky tonight. Tired. Uninspired to do anything but sleep. Forcing myself to go through the motions. I will be okay. This too shall pass. Time to do dishes. Blah.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh I am so in on this!

I love cooking burgers. Not just any burgers, but take a bite and stuff drips down your forearm kind if juicy burgers!

I love making homemade donuts too, and recently made the NYC fad "cronuts" at home myself...oh yum!

For your viewing pleasure...my goodies:
Attached Images
image-436379983.jpg (39.2 KB, 58 views)
image-3857919469.jpg (56.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yummy!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollyangel17 View Post
oh i am so in on this!

I love cooking burgers. Not just any burgers, but take a bite and stuff drips down your forearm kind if juicy burgers!

I love making homemade donuts too, and recently made the nyc fad "cronuts" at home myself...oh yum!

For your viewing pleasure...my goodies:
i want one of them thar burgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Olive! Thanks for posting your postcards. Love contemplating them.

Charlee - what a beautiful part of North Carolina

Your cronuts, dollyangel, look almost criminally delicious. Not sure what a 'cronut' actually is but am going to check it out soon.

I'm so hungry, time to shred some carrots. **Just decided I am going to cook me up a nice pint of Ben & Jerry's - IT'S THURSday. Love it.

Tomorrow I will make LBrain's carrot concoction...sounds like a gem of a recipe. Sounds very 'Canal House' to me. HUGE fan of Canal House cookbooks...there is a FABULOUS gift idea for anyone. The books are so beautiful and really great midnight reading. Actually one of my favorite pastimes - reading cookbooks.

Great to see everyone here...everyone

Ruby - hang in there. That whole train experience is traumatic.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I swear to god these call centres make systems worse to make your job harder.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Kids in bed and I'm contemplating my attempt at creative writing - making my job seem spectacular. Watching The First 48. My secret favorite television program.

Things to cook this weekend. That's a tough one. Everything sounds so good. I have a presliced Kentucky Legend ham in the fridge. I think I will bake that this weekend.

LTV, reading cookbooks used to be one of my favorite things to read. I bought too many of them. Now I look for recipes online but still buy cooking magazines. Still, nothing beats going through a cookbook. I will have to check out the ones you mentioned.

Have a good night everyone. And a good Friday.