Notices

Hi - need some help

Old 07-01-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi - need some help

Last night really did it for me -- I left a party with a bunch of women - as I was getting into my car - i sprained my ankle so badly. Drove home, not sure how I made it home - got out of my car and threw up in my driveway -- Then had to go into the house and explain to my husband and teenagers
- what did you do to your ankle
- why did you get sick in the driveway

They obviously knew what happened - on a MONDAY night! With work the next day! I drove in my car and could have lost EVERYTHING last night had I been pulled over - EVERYTHING... Now I sit here at my desk with my ankle wrapped up in ice - feeling sick as a dog in work - so ashamed of myself..
Old 07-01-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Grec and welcome.
Usually when bad things happened to me it usually had an involvement with alcohol. I and most people had/have a problem accepting that alcohol is a problem. I needed to accept the fact that I could not drink in safety and too often things, ME, went bad. I also had to learn that if I was honest with myself about MY drinking things would be easier.
An early realization I learned was if I didn’t have the first drink I would not have to get sober AGAIN!

BE WELL
Old 07-01-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Grec. I have been there. Great job coming here and posting your story. Good luck with your sobriety. It's so worth it.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You - don't know where to turn. I know my husband knows I have a problem. He asked me how i hurt my ankle and I told him the truth. Then he said 'you told the kids you did it at work'. I didn't remember telling them that! I have to do this more for them than myself - they are beautiful kids, I don't want them to see me like this they don't deserve it and i worry they could repeat my mistakes someday! I don't drink at home alone, I am a social drinker. I need to STOP, all of it. Thank you for listening . Pretty disgusting now sitting here at my desk wanted to throw up with my ankle wrapped in ice. I just hope I can get through the day without getting sick and having to go to the hospital for my ankle! Thanks again for listening
Old 07-01-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You've come to a great place to address your issues.

As for your ankle, if it is indeed broken or badly sprained you're going to need medical attention. If that route becomes necessary you don't have disclose how you injured yourself beyond, "I slipped, or tripped, etc."

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum grec!! You'll find loads of support here!!