Notices

Stay sober weekend thread - 4/25-27

Old 04-26-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Don't forget that if you are having a bad day, you can start your day over again at any time. It is never too late to put the drink down and start the sober journey We would love to have you on board!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Almost bedtime here in Ireland!! How are we all doing Sober Weekenders?

Some may be doing fine, some may have struggled Fri and maybe tonight, but it's a fact that tomorrow brings with it a new day, another TODAY!!

1 day at a time, keep it simple, a Sober Sunday can be achieved by us all, reach out for support if your struggling, you'll definitely find it here on SR, we're all in this together!!

YOU and WE can do this!!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Day 4 here. 9 PM. Hubs is having a glass of wine while we watch a movie. I'm having ice cream. I can't even believe myself right now..I don't want the wine, but there is a deep down underlying sadness.

Also, ran that 5K this early morning. Hangover-free. And I had my best time yet at 28:45.

I am looking forward to getting a good nights sleep and heading into a sober Sunday.

Hope everyone else is having a great, cloudless weekend! Hugs..
Old 04-26-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Mrsbee laser disks sounds like a good hobby. My husband has decided that he wants to take up bird watching in sobriety. I don't mind and I like watching birds but he hung up the bird feeders on the trees between our sidewalk and the street where we park the cars. He doesn't want the birds pooping in the backyard. He prefers that they poop on the car windshields instead, apparently. He will be washing my car a lot this summer. Plus, one of our cats is a bird lover too. And she is very, very good at catching them. I tried belling her but that didn't work too well even though she keeps the collar on.

My day is drawing to a close. Apart from all the running around I bought a new camera. My old one died, my phone isn't very good and the iPad is too awkward to carry around. We shall see. I still love my old film camera but hard to find places to develop the pics unless you mail them in. Sign of the times that the kids piano lessons are in the former darkroom at our art center. Where I spent a good amount of time developing black and white photos. Sinks and tubs are gone. Sad day.

So, sober. Not feeling urges like I had felt all week. Talked to my sponsor after my meeting yesterday. Feel better. Combo of getting it out in the open and keeping very busy.

Guess I am very windy tonight. Long post. Hope all are hanging in there.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Wink

Where I met my husband at work there was a dark room for developing film. I have very fond memories of him teaching me how to develop black and white photos, among other things.....

On that note, have a good night all
Old 04-26-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Sunday afternoon about 2pm here. A sober weekend - Day 7 today. It has been a good weekend - tired but I have looked after myself with sleep and good food. There has been no amazing exciting activity but that's the best thing about being sober - I start to appreciate and enjoy a simpler life.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

So true free
Old 04-26-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

This is turning into an AA marathon weekend. Went to a meeting last night, and our district AA roundup all day/night today. Tomorrow is church, and having sober friends over. I am on track, hope everyone is having a serene sober weekend, too.

Last edited by StormiNormi; 04-26-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: auto correct error fix
Old 04-27-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Have the pot roast I did not make yesterday cooking this morning. I took a nap yesterday afternoon and when I got up it was a bit later than I felt like cooking. So the house smells wonderful this morning.

Sunday were always my downfall. They are filled with an empty emotion of nothing gained from drunk or lonely weekends and the thought of work the next day. So around 10 am until 6 pm were always my toughest times.

These days I start my day with a workout to remind me my body is feeling much better. Then I try to cook or plan something to do. Sometimes I can't fill the dead time so I have learned to sit in it.

I have done this a few times... I have these feeling of doom on Sundays and so I send myself a text describing the feeling. I sit in it and then on Monday morning I read that text. On Monday the thoughts seems foreign. Like is that really me? It taught me to see the emotions that seem so sure on Sunday as something that will change if I just don't react. It's like revealing a ghost of myself or my av in broad daylight when I read them.

Try it if you feel uncomfortable. Text yourself and stay sober today. See what you think of it all tomorrow.

K
Old 04-27-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks Ken, nice trick about sending myself a text if I feel down.

But it's Sunday morning and I feel GREAT!

day 5, I feel pretty good, letting the past in the past. Specially my last weekend binge! Yikes!

Ready for a beautiful sunday, hope everyone is ok, whatever happened over the weekend! The ones that slipped, post about it, share your feelings, learn from the experience ;-)
Old 04-27-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Weasel, i can totally understand the empty Sunday feeling. Need to power through.

I'm on day 5 today, too. I am feeling proud of myself, and everyone else!

If I can be completely honest for a second, this is my first weekend thread and first sober weekend attempt, and this thread several times made it feel like it would be completely okay and easy to have some wine and then still check in the next day to start over. It was sure tempting. That's just my outlook anyway, and I'm early, early days, so hopefully that feeling will lessen next weekend. I know we are just trying to encourage everyone to keep trying no matter what.

Anyway maybe this is my empty, nostalgic Sunday blues talking. I need some coffee!!
Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

good morning sports fans! some good hockey games yesterday. I woke up an hour before the alarm was set, had breakfast and ready to go play a round of golf - at no cost to me
I will celebrate four months sober today by cutting the grass for the first time I can remember without drinking a beer!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I didn't drink anything at the party I went to last night!! Well except water, lots and lots of water. I really wasn't sure I could do it. :-)
Old 04-27-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Yay Holli! Good for you. You were concerned about the sister in laws party and you did it.

Thanks Ken for what you wrote. It perfectly describes how I felt like on Sundays when I drank. I'm feeling like that somewhat this morning and I didn't drink. But I ran all over the place and didn't get chores done.

I am also overburdened with "stuff" and that is bugging me this morning too. Too many clothes, too many books, too many toys, gadgets, junk. It all means something to me for different reasons. Sentimental. Feelings of shame for a project started and not finished because I was too drunk. Or envisioned but not gotten to. I have to let go of a lot of it and that is hard. When my husband pushes to get rid of it I feel threatened. I've always had trouble letting go of things. But they are just things. My house is too small to hold all the things.

Time to get moving. Load of laundry in the wash. Some to fold. Writing this out I feel better. I didn't become an alcoholic overnight. I didn't accumulate all the junk overnight either. Both take time to take care of.

Have a happy Sunday everyone.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Just think before waking up on a Sunday morning sometimes afternoon meant hungover, anxiety, regret or whatever.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I just picked up cranberry and tonic water (never had it lol) to try and stave off Sunday night blues and cravings. I think I injured my foot badly from my running and now all I want to do is sit around and watch movies, with a relaxing drink. Hopefully the cranberry tonic will work...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear that kat, hope you feel better and take care of yourself.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Sober Weekenders!

I got new sheets and towels yesterday!
I really need to redo the floors of my house, would love to paint the whole inside. But these projects are a little bit out of my budget this year.
But sheets and towels are inexpensive and they offer a fresh look to my home.

Next project for today is to clean and purge my bedroom and closet. The weatherman this morning has predicted 80 degrees by the middle of the week. What?!?
I have a R2D2 size air conditioner that I got at a thrift store a few years ago....I guess it is time to relocate him to my bedroom for the rest of the year.

Not being a fan of sun and heat, I am a little dismayed that summer is here already.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Happy Sunday Sober Weekenders!

I got new sheets and towels yesterday!
I really need to redo the floors of my house, would love to paint the whole inside. But these projects are a little bit out of my budget this year.
But sheets and towels are inexpensive and they offer a fresh look to my home.

I hope everyone is doing well!
There you go!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

All this talk of spring cleaning is motivating me to clean up my closets, maybe next weekend ha!

I have chicken enchiladas prepped and ready to pop in the over for dinner -- it's comfort food tonight.

Olive, I am chuckling over your summer note, 80 degrees is spring, 100 degrees is summer here in the mid-Atlantic region.